Friday, February 28, 2025

TGIF

 Thank you all for the kind words you all leave. It truly makes my day.


I was sharing my Goldfish crackers with my boss yesterday during our one-on-one meeting. Well, truth be told, I hadn't plan on staying to have a meeting or one on one talk for 2 hrs (yep). I had planned on raiding the supply closet. Which I did and he gave me some boardgames to take and use. ANYWAYS, he asked me about the Goldfish crackers, and I replied back, "Well, it's either stress eating or drinking." LOLOL---he said I was a riot. LOLOL---yeah, 50% of my students work hard and the other 50% not so much...I need to stop taking it personally. Hang on, looks like my time schedule and classroom location/time will change again. Give him a week (my guess 2). 


Truth be told, probably every single day. LOL--hey, just keeping it real.


Probably, LOL. Have a great day all.

11 comments:

  1. Happy Friday!! I hope the new time schedule will actually be a benefit to you and get you home earlier! Wouldn't THAT be nice? I will pray about that. You know, if you taught school in the outside world of the public school system, you'd probably have the same results...50/50. So just keep doing what you're doing and those that want to learn will learn, and those that don't won't, and never did and never will. But that's not your fault or problem. You put it out there for them, and it's up to them to take it or leave it. Hopefully they will wake up and see that what you are offering could mean a future for them someday when they are "free". HOpe you have a great day and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAH that's how i looked every afternoon after leaving a public elementary school my last year there ( i had taken a non masters level job as a program aide and lasted 6 yrs ONLY because i wanted the same schedule as my youngest daughter). NEVER AGAIN. the politics were nuts as was the special ed admins. After one semester of being a stay at home mom, i went back to my own classroom in a private special ed prek. MUCH better. ENJOY friday and have a cocktail when ya get home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of board games, Linda? I had to chuckle about the 50% hard workers and the 50% who were not. Sounds like a public education classroom! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your schedule is changing for the better!!!
    Happy Firday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Friday was always my favorite day at work! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a super and relaxing weekend, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda. Yes, I get being excited to leave on Friday. I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've a sneaky suspicion you make your boss' whole day. 50% stress eating ... I'm going to remember that. Reminds me of the time our boss asked her aide, "Why do you have to smoke so often?" -- to which Kelly replied, "Because you won't let us drink."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy weekend!! Hugs for you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you throughly enjoy every inch of this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If 50% of your students are working hard, you are doing great! Teaching is hard work and is likely harder in a prison than in a public school.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)