Here we are coming up on another of Toni's Tuesday. 4 I realized today that I have been doing Tuesday 4 for more than 4 years now!
Here are this week's questions.
1. What do you do on a typical weekend? Saturday? Sunday? How do you make them delightful or joyous? Usually Saturdays are our shopping day. I'm not sure if grocery shopping is joyous or delightful though, lol. Sundays is a do-nothing day; we have church and relax. Yesterday (Sunday) we each picked and watched our YouTube channels we enjoy. It seems we both have similar likes. lol
2. What sources of joy do you find in your days? I tell this all the time, I pray before going into work, and when I get out, I practically kiss the ground. "Thank you, Jesus!" has become a mantra. So, I thank the good Lord and look forward to coming home and seeing the husband and dog. I'm just at the point in my life that I look forward to retirement and becoming a beach bum.
P.S. Joy in Jesus. Joy in coming home.
3. What's for dinner tonight? Since I am writing this Monday morning, he said Chicken nuggets and mac and cheese. How will you make it a delight and a joy? Well, I work in a prison...it is really not delightful or joyous and it can get you down rather quickly. I have to remind myself whose daughter I am.
4. How are you doing personally and how can we add to the joy and delight in your days? I have good and bad days, just like everyone else. But overall, I am f.i.n.e. Again, I dream of becoming a beach bum, LOL.
Have a beautiful day all.


Beach bum sounds pretty good...I only wish we lived near a beach.(not ever gonna happen)..lol. But...I wouldn't want to live near the Texas Beaches...I prefer the Florida white sand beaches.
ReplyDeleteLinda - you are a testimony in finding joy in hard times. Thanks for your honesty and for your attitude!
ReplyDeleteAnd that’s a good dream to have.
ReplyDeleteThat is one of my favorite memes! I keep it on my desk top at work! Hope all is going well for you.
ReplyDeleteYou add joy to my day because your posts are usually hilarious
ReplyDeleteThere are days when I have to remember whose I am and straighten my crown, too. Blessings, Linda!
ReplyDeleteI like that "straighten my crown" graphic. It's a good reminder for the challenging days. And I chuckled at the "I kiss the ground" comment when your work day is over. When I get up in the pre-dawn hours, I pray for you because I know you leave your house very early and your job does require a lot of you.
ReplyDeleteHi Linda! I'm right there with you - I won't become a beach bum, but I am sure looking forward to retiring in about 15 months. I hope your week is going well.
ReplyDeleteLet us know when you decide to become a beach bum ... I'll come down and be sure to buy a straw hat you've woven.
ReplyDeleteBeing a beach bum is a very worthy ambition and I hope you get to be one very soon.
ReplyDeleteLinda, I hope you get to live your dreams sooner than later. The beach bum thing sounds like fun :)
ReplyDeleteJoy in Jesus is the answer for sure. I love hearing from you as often as you are able, and I hope this week will be more uneventful for you than the preceding. And I also hope that your beach time will be coming soon! Hopefully the weather will cooperate! It's been rather erratic lately! But spring is coming!! Hold on tight for the ride!
ReplyDelete