Monday, February 24, 2025

Monday thought...

 


---Why...yes, 60* is cold. As it is right now even with rain and 99* humidity. More damp than anything.

---We call them Pub Subs. And they are the best.

---Yep. Key West. Did you know we are only 90 miles to Cuba? (been there, done that)

---Yep, sure are...even like a day today where its pouring rain.

---Well...I have 4 bathing suites and a drawer full of t shirts and shorts and a few long sleeves.

---Yep, and the icky yellow green pollen.

--- Yep...because they steal food, and they are mean nasty buggers.

---Well, yes...but no, I use an umbrella even in the direct sunlight. Listen people, its hotter than hades here most days.

---Well, I was born in Indiana and still say Pop. It's ingrained in my brain. When you order and say pop, they look at you funny, sure do.

---Why, yes. If I had a pool, I would.

---Sure is.

Have a great day all!!! I gotta' go fight the rain, traffic and work issues.

9 comments:

  1. Just keep saying pop. It's the right name!
    It's 33 here today - a heat wave! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think chilly and humid feels a lot worse than hot and humid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. " ... mean, nasty buggers." I almost spit coffee all over my screen!!
    Being a Florida Native I second everything you've said.
    Hope your day was easy with no drama.
    Love 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're supposed to reach 50 today here in southwest Ohio. Hope all goes well at work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here in the Atlanta area, any carbonated beverage is called "coke" no matter what it is. And there isn't anything better than a sub from Publix, I agree. Have a blessed week, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of these days I'll have to try a Pub Sub. Any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, when I was growing up, all soda here in Florida was called "Coke", no matter what, people would say let's get a coke when they really meant Pepsi or Root Beer. I was born in PA, and we also knew it as Pop, but I learned quickly to call it coke. LOL. Today has been raw....wet, cold, and just raw. But I am thankful for the rain. Not complaining, just staying inside as much as possible. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had some cousins from up north and never understood their words like "pop" or "sneakers". We called all soda a "coke" and sneakers were known as tennis shoes. And umbrellas are so inconvenient. They are in the car, when you're in the house, or in the house when you're in the car. I just make a run for it most of the time :) Hope you have a great week at work. Hopefully nothing crazy going on :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)