Currently, when it rains, it pours...figuratively. More on that below.
The temperature...70* at 7:08 am. We are supposed to get heavy winds and rain later this afternoon. Then the temp drops overnight.
Listening to...nothing...well, if you count hubby talk about what he is watching on his laptop.
Thinking...when it rains, it pours. Our 12-yr old 'gadgety' washing machine has been acting up and we thought that would go first, nope, the dryer went and then the washing machine went. So, off to Home Depot and Lowes. Lowes had a 40% off sale going on. Back to the no frills---I am just done with all the gadgets etc. that our washing machine and dryer had. I don't know if the machines got jostled when the moving company or whatever moved us, but it certainly hasn't been the same and we have been nursing them the last nearly 3 yrs. So, we bought a simply no-frills machine(s). Goodbye emergency savings (what was in the emergency savings)...sigh.
They will be delivered tomorrow. They will also take the old set and hook up the new. With all the warranties etc. $1,100.
Feeling:
Repeat parrot. Going here and there, comparing this and that, plum wore me out yesterday afternoon. And thank goodness for smart phones, just saying. Because at one point I might had yelled at the husband to stop this nonsense and make up his mind.
Grateful...for at least having a savings for emergencies such as this. Well, I would consider it an emergency.
Enjoying...I told that man I am not doing anything today. Period, drop that mic. LOL--I manage to get what little laundry we did have, done yesterday morning before the washing machine went kaput. Hung up on the line outside and done within an hour. It was that warm and windy yesterday. And for the record, I asked him to keep the line up --I like to hang the sheets and blankets up. He rolled his eyes at me and said, "Linda, what are the neighbors going to think? No one hangs up laundry anymore." Who cares.
Giggling at...
Yeah, I better stop. Wishing you all a beautiful Sunday.






I agree, no frills is the way to go. That other stuff just breaks all too quickly! Tell Dave clotheslines are coming back! :)
ReplyDeleteSorry about the washer dying following the dryer! Ours are no frills and I really don't think appliances need all the computerized bells and whistles. I hope you like your new machines, Linda. Have a blessed day.
ReplyDeleteAn interesting tidbit about Florida that there is a state law that all residents can have a clothesline including HOA's... Florida... lots of freedom there.. Lucky you.
ReplyDeleteGlad you were able to find a new washer and dryer. it is very tiring when we have to shop for appliances. I haven't seen laundry hanging out in quiet a while, but if I had an outdoor line, I would definitely hang my towels and sheets out. Lots of cold headed our way and rain!! Right now it is 30 degrees....brrrr.
ReplyDeleteSorry you had to replace your washer AND dryer! Yes, when it rains it pours!
ReplyDeletesometimes the newer digital stuff is SO annoying. We thought we needed a new dryer as it was no longer getting warm...so the clothes weren't getting dried. We decided to call our plumber who also can fix some digital appliances and voila...we discovered it just needed a new sensor which costs us less than $80 labor included!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your new stuff!
I'll take 70 and raining. Right now it's 31 but i have 4 inches of ICY HEAVY snow at the bottom of my driveway that the town plow pusehd into my way so i had to watch church online as hubby is away and our new blower is too heavy for me to even lift off the hooks in the garage let alone haul down the driveway.
ENJOY your Sunday!!
Hi Linda. I'm with you - no frills washers and dryers are best. Less stuff to break. We got the last Kenmore brand no-frills washer and dryer back when we moved up here to Utah in 2017 and they still work well. I had a fancy washer and dryer with all the "bells and whistles" in Arizona and I won't to that again. I think that $1100 for both a washer and dryer is a pretty good deal. You are smart to leave the clothes line up. Laundry dried in the fresh air always smells better. Rest and relax. I hope you have a good Sunday. Do you get President's Day off? I hope so. See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteI’ve got a front loading washer and dryer - stacked. My husband really wanted these because they are big and can wash and dry sleeping bags. The only complaint I have is, the washer is too low and hard on my back. So we’re going to place them side by side in the laundry room and put them on risers that are about $200.
ReplyDeleteMind you, all this for sleeping bags! In fairness, he really believed he was helping me out by purchasing me the best.
Still living and learning.
The simpler the appliances, the less likely it is for them to break down. Wise choice, Linda, and those memes cracked me up! Blessings!
ReplyDeleteNeeding to replace defective laundry equipment IS DEFINITELY and emergency. I'm with you on that one. As for your graphics in this post, the one about the shrinking clothes is my fav.
ReplyDeleteAccording to radar on our phones, the rain is imminent!
Thank goodness for emergency funds! I'm waiting for mine to go as well. They came with the house I bought so I'm not sure how old they really are. Hope you have a relaxing day!
ReplyDeleteThat happens so often, where one appliance goes out and the rest follow. ugggg! And for me, the simpler the better! I like "on, off, warm, hot, cold" The more buttons, the less I want it! Same for my car :)
ReplyDeleteI do love a clothesline, especially for sheets. But we don't have one here, and we should, although today wouldn't be a good day to use it! Rain, rain, go away, come again some other day...well, I actually like the rain, but hubby and son were hoping to watch the race! Oh well! Even the President was hoping to watch the race! But Mr. Weatherman had other ideas! LOL. I am sorry you are having to take the plunge and get both new appliances at once, but might as well save on delivery charges by getting them both at once. You did get the extended warranty, right???? Even the no frills ones are made in China and are destined to become disposable items...sorry to say. No one wants to repair them anymore because it costs as much to repair them as it does to replace them. So hopefully they will outlast the warranty and keep on going...but from our experience, I've learned it is best to keep an appliance savings account handy. LOL. Glad you at least found what will work for you and that they will be delivered so soon! That's a plus!! Take care and enjoy this lovely day! do you have to work tomorrow? President's Day?
ReplyDeleteGlad you were able to get a new washer and dryer and I hope it will serve you well for many years.
ReplyDeleteWhat the neighbors think? I think they're jealous!
ReplyDeleteGood for y'all, finding a 'no-frills' pair. Even the warranty repair guy we had out has little to no faith in the new models.
Who cares what the neighbors think! I use a clothes line because it is free! I love free! As far as appliances go, I had to replace our refrigerator and dishwasher last year. The salesman told me to not think you will get more than 5 - 7 years out of the new ones! What!!!??? With those price tags, they should last until I'm in the ground pushing up daisies!
ReplyDeleteGrace & Peace,
Pam
Aww, man. We have been there and done that and it sure is NO fun. But, just glad y'all had the funds set aside for it. That helps it hurt a little less. And yes, all the bells and whistles just don't do as much as they claim, I don't think. I sure hope all is well and you've had a restful weekend after all of that!
ReplyDelete