Welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.
It seems that everyone loves the weekend.
What about you?
1. Do you feel happier as the weekend approaches? Yes, because it means I don't have to deal with so many issues and people's attitudes. If I hear 1 more time or whining, I am going to scream. LOL--(my thought is this, you're in prison for a reason, use your time wisely, obey the rules, etc. This, I have other things to do than attend class is for the birds.)
Just how do you feel about weekends? Well, since it's warming up now, the beach is more and more on my mind.
2. What are your weekends usually like and do you do anything special? Grocery store and going here and there...is usually what we do. Do you attend a church/synagogue? Here at home, is where hubby holds church.
3. Do you sleep later on the weekend, or do you stay up later at all? Usually I am up by 8 am & usually stay up until midnight...Are weekends for catching up on sleep? Nope. Hardly sleep in.
4. Do you read or watch more movies/TV on the weekends or catch up on things missed during the week? All of them. Although I have been disappointed in the tv and movies as of late.
Amen sister...amen. I should have majored in being a beach bum. Have a great day all.


Linda, I hope your day goes smoothly. And that you are fully recovered from your asthma attack.
ReplyDeleteOOh Loved this post. You guys do home church? How do you like it? do you have other people who join you in your home? reason I ask is because we tried it during Covid shut down for 2 weeks and nope...not for us. Instead we watched our online services and then our church had the sense to open anyways by Spring as long as you either sat every other row and wore a mask. What led you to do home church??
ReplyDeleteI used to LIVE for the weekends when I was in a teaching gig that was less than par. then I accepted an offer back with Early childhood prek special ed and did look forward to the weekends but also LOVED my teaching job. I'll have to play along with today's meme. It's a good one!!
Enjoy the beach!!
Our weekends are no different form the normal weekdays, with the exception of church. I love the beach, just not the Texas Beaches. Once you've been to the white sand beaches and the turquoise water, our beaches here are disappointing.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe someone actually said she has better things to do! How on earth did you keep a straight face? I mean, what are you and the wardens missing? LOLOLOL,
ReplyDeleteIt's too bad they don't pay one to be a beach bum, unless you are a professional surfer or lifeguard. But then you'd get tired of it and it wouldn't be so much fun. I hope you are having a better week and that you feel better. Warmer weather is nice, but do you have AC where you hold your classes? I hope so! I know they don't in the dorms. I would think sitting in the AC would be an incentive for the inmates to want to take classes and also go to chapel.
ReplyDeleteI've never been one to sleep in. I simply am hardwired to be a morning person. Have a great week, Linda!
ReplyDeleteThe beach sounds great. I hope you get to go soon.
ReplyDeleteI am hoping to get to the beach more this year. I will have to get there before summer since the beaches get so crowded during summer. Traffic is the main reason we don't go often. We live about 28 miles from the beach, but with traffic, we might as well be 2 hours away. I want to try the train this summer. It may cost more, but it drops you off right at the pier. The only downside is the cold water. I heard your beaches have warmer water. Have a great week, Linda!
ReplyDeleteThe whining: reminds me of the TV show My Name Is Earl. Did you ever watch that? It starts out with him saying, "You know the kind of guy who does nothing but bad things and then wonders why his life sucks? Well, that was me". We all reap what we've sown.
ReplyDeleteI wish you could make every day a Beach Day. I think that would be grand.
Hope you haven't had anymore asthma attacks or anything else awful happen. That was scary!
Love ya.❤️
Today's questions were harder for me since I'm retired again. Yes, it is warmer. The AC is back on here with mid-80s all week. Sending a hug!!
ReplyDeleteWhat better things do they have to do in prison! Gosh, so silly. I hope you get to the beach soon.
ReplyDeleteI truly hope you get some good beach days in when the weather warms up. We have had a heck of a winter up here, beautiful but so cold and snowy. I do long for that sun on my skin again:). I would love to hear more about your teaching experiences, you must need so much patience! I would think the opportunity to learn while behind bars would be something they would be more thankful for...I am praying for you, no more asthma attacks!
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed your answers. A warm sunny beach would be wonderful about now. We're heading to Mexico in March and I'm looking forward to some warmth.
ReplyDelete