2. Complete one of the following sentences with a thought relating to your life currently-
Once upon a time
A long time ago there lived a girl who turned into an old lady. She can't believe 58 is coming upon her, and she wonders where did the years go? She is halfway to hundred.
In a place far far away__________
3. Which of the following 'fairy tale foods' is your favorite? My favorite is Cindrella...however...Which have you made/eaten most recently? Peas--we had peas the other day.
porridge/oatmeal (Goldilocks and The Three Bears), an apple (Snow White), a gingerbread cookie (The Gingerbread Man), pumpkin soup/pie/bread (Cinderella), peas (The Princess and the Pea), beans (Jack and The Beanstalk) or a cup of tea (Alice in Wonderland)
4. What's your idea of fun?
5. Next week's Hodgepodge lands in March. Is that right? I guess so. Give us one noun, one verb, and one adjective that tell us something about your February. To make you think a little harder, you cannot use the words cold or snowy.
Noun-Work (DOC)
Verb-Doing
Adjective-Effective
Not sure how effective...but when I couldn't return my keys on Friday or get my keys Monday due to not having access (for whatever reason)...well, I made plenty of people mad because the person who is in charge of the key watcher, was out...so I called on down the line (so to speak) all the way to the arsenal. ANYWAYS, 24 hrs later, the problem was fixed. Some glitches in the system. Whatever, so Monday I spent the day doing absolutely nothing-seriously. Couldn't go behind the gates nothing. I sat in a resource room outside the gates and got 2 weeks ahead on my paperwork. I guess that is doing something. So, all my classes got cancelled, much to the delight of the inmates, lol. One good thing, the bossman came and got me and we left at 4. It was nice getting home at a very decent hour.
6. Insert your own random thought here.



Cinderella is such a lovely story.
ReplyDeleteSitting on the beach is fun! It's been ages since I have been to one.
Hi Linda. Yes, by teaching inmates, I believe you are doing something important and changing lives for the better. Yes, life goes by quickly. My next birthday will be 66! I hope your week goes well. See you again soon.
ReplyDeleteI'm surprised the inmates are happy about cancelled class. It seems like they would see what a benefit it is to them, plus it helps fill the day!
ReplyDeleteSorry about the work snafu. I'm sure that was extremely frustrating. I'm looking forward to a week at the beach this summer. We live on a lake, and there are beaches on some of the islands where we enjoy dropping the anchor and hanging out. It's different than an ocean beach though, but still fun and definitely relaxing. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteTo teach IS touching a life forever. My oldest daughter is now a HS counselor and the youngest is a dyslexia specialist in a private school. They are both just short of 5 years to be able to retire. Oh the stories they can tell and the blessings that have come from so many students. Glad you got caught up on your paperwork. I guess Cinderella would be my choice as well...
ReplyDeleteI used to love seeing those light bulbs go off when I taught the kids. So rewarding! Blessings, Linda!
ReplyDeleteI suspect your lock-out experience is gonna make its way into a Procedural Manual. Way to make the best of a tricky situation!
ReplyDeleteYou do have some challenging days, Linda.
ReplyDeleteI could tell a very similar Once Upon a Time story - seriously, where HAVE the years gone? Enjoyed your answers today - hope you're having a great week!
ReplyDeleteI always have a good laugh when you blog, Linda. LOVE your sense of humor. Andthat's quote that i received SO MANY TIMES on either a mug, or card, or magnet etc from students every year at Xmas. How I miss teaching my special prek kids. I honestly don't know how you do what you do! You're brave.
ReplyDeleteThis was a fun Hodgepodge. I had to miss it due to having a crazy busy day yesterday. yup even in retirement i have busy days. hahah
I used to teach pre-schoolers. Their little minds are like sponges. They really are receptive to learning.
ReplyDeleteI liked Cinderella, too.
I do hope you start having better days at work. The constant stress level is challenging. I feel for you.
I’ll be 71 on Sunday and I’m excited. The number, although shocking doesn’t bother me. I just am happy to be here.
Glitches in systems are never fun.....and YOU'RE NOT OLD..lol. I'm 56. :)
ReplyDeleteA fun Hodgepodge. I'm trying to catch up on blogs! Always enjoy yours, dear friend!! xo
ReplyDelete