Currently...Hump Day!!!
The weather...another "London" is calling, very foggy and 64*, 100% humidity, 64* dewpoint.
Reading...nothing...I tried to get through the Hodgepodge, but I couldn't. It is way too early to think that much, LOL.
Watching...nothing. I made it to 8:30 last night before I fell asleep. I was watching Jesse Waters.
Listening to...nothing. Hubby is on his laptop, the dog is snoring, all is well.
Loving...actually...2 more days until the weekend. That is where I am right now...that is where my mindset is.
Thinking...the never-ending Groundhog Day i.e. work. Let's see, I had 2 inmates totally curse me out yesterday, I wrote 5 CC'S (Corrected behavior and all of those, if they get 1 more, they go to lock/confinement) and just about walked out yesterday---actually, I did walk out and took a few seconds to compose myself. Never in all the years have I ever had to deal with what I dealt with yesterday. NEVER!!!!
P.S. I am not complaining...just being truthful. For once, I would like to be able to leave on time and not get home so late. It is really just bumming me out. This getting home at 7:30 is just...well...bumming me out.
Feeling...like I need this--too bad insurance doesn't cover mental health days.
Celebrating...well, not celebrating...we had a luncheon yesterday at work, Black History Month. The food was excellent, but the speeches and such...
Grateful/Enjoying...the very warm humid air that has settled over us here in Florida.
Giggling...
Ok, I better stop. LOL. Wishing you all a beautiful day.





Good Morning Linda. Is is Okay for me to be praying that another job comes your way? This place seems to have way too much stress. I applaud you, because I know I sure could not do it. Rain here in East Texas and more expected for the rest of the week. Sending prayers of Blessings for you today.
ReplyDeleteI'm having another type of Groundhog day - another snowstorm coming! :)
ReplyDeleteI agree that you need to get out of work on time. Coming home at 7:30 is just ridiculous!
Hi Linda. You sound tired and frustrated. So sorry. Yeah, I get it. I have been cussed out by students too. No consequences for them here where I teach. Teachers just have to suck up and take the abuse. Sorry to be negative. Just keeping it real. I hope you have a good long weekend.
ReplyDeleteWishing you a beautiful day, as well!! I heard on the news this morning that we have sweater weather coming again in a week or so. I like sweater weather! You are woman, hear you roar!!! (not sure why I just thought of that song, but I did) Hang in there, Linda!
ReplyDeleteI love watching Jesse Watters' Prime Time every evening. I get such a kick out of Johnny when he does his man on the street interviews, too. Have a blessed week, Linda, and hang in there!
ReplyDeleteHow sad that some of the inmates are being so ratty. Guess it's best not expect good from them. They are toe rags by choice, after all, the lowest of the low.
ReplyDeleteThat is a bummer getting home so late! The jail must be short staffed or some other reason?!
Prayers all the above will change for the better soon. That's simply too much stress.
Hot and dry in SE Georgia but we are expecting a lot of rain tomorrow (Thursday). Sure hope that's true. My allergies have been epic this week. Ugh. I have to keep washing my nose out with salt water from all the dust so I can breathe.
Love & Prayers. 💓
I don't care they're inmates or not, but there's no excuse for that behavior. You made me remember something about anger in the workplace. My 'mentor' shared that when things grew tense she'd go downstairs, walk outside and walk around the building 2-3 times. All the while smoking a cigarette, lol.
ReplyDeleteIt's a bit too warmish out there this afternoon already! I like the 70's much better than the 80's. Just saying. And you can keep the humidity right there outside where it belongs. So thankful for our AC, which runs all the afternoon and evenings now too. I don't think the heat has been kicking back on at all lately. I am sorry about what you went through at work yesterday. That just shouldn't be allowed or tolerated, and I hope they learn their lesson. Please take care of yourself and don't let anyone get in your face!! I keep you in my prayers. I hope you get a long weekend this weekend...do you? Hope so. Bye for now.
ReplyDeleteWe had almost 8" of snow yesterday and about 90 minutes ago, it started to rain. It will freeze overnight, and I am glad I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow. Linda, I am sorry about the disrespect shown to you by the 2 inmates. And because I don't know and am too lazy to go look, can gators climb like that?
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about the verbal abuse by inmates yesterday. That kind of stuff is hard to shake off but I know you will.
ReplyDeleteRegarding the cool, foggy mornings and warm afternoons, our yard guy is so fun (and a wonderful Christian man). The other day he said he didn't know whether to build a fire or jump into the swimming pool!
Ugh. Sounds like the disrespect I used to have to be on the receiving end from my students. Just ridiculous. I'm sorry they put you through that. I hope the week gets better. Almost done!
ReplyDelete