Tuesday, February 18, 2025

Tuesday Meme

 Hey! Welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4. Would you like to talk about some blasts from the past? You know... like malt shops, teen hops, proms and rock and roll?  OK, let's do it!

1. Was there a teen hangout in your town or near it where teens seemed to gravitate? What was a favorite place to go? Silver Springs Blvd. use to go sit in the formal Lorito's (now Francos) parking lot and watch the cars on the Blvd. Just hang out all night.

2  Did you attend your high school varsity games? Yep. My folks would drop me off at the corner of Booster Stadium. That corner doesn't exist anymore. What high school activities did you enjoy the most? The football games, Silver Springs Blvd. and the dances.

3. Did you have any teen idols whose music or acting you just really enjoyed? I can remember Shaun Cassidy, Prince, and others. What music did you enjoy most? Rock; Prince, ACDC, and so on. What movies? Hmm...I worked at the Ocala Movie Theatre (now the Ace Hardware Store) --so I got to see all the movies. My favorite and still remains, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, that was one my parents allowed me to stay past midnight. But you bet my dad would stop by and make sure I was there, LOL.

4. Did your school have dances or sock hops and did you attend? Yep, Dances and Square Dances. 

Thanks Annie, that was fun!!! Being back here --both of us have had to face 'demons'...some have been alright and some not so.

P.S. The delivery people did NOT install the appliances even though we paid for it--they said because the venting was close to the floor--so hubby is off to Lowes today to speak to management. He is not very happy---other than that, he got it all hooked up etc. and they work great.


18 comments:

  1. Happy Tuesday Linda! Remember the lunchboxes? I had Bobby Sherman and the Partridge Family lunchboxes. My heartthrobs were Robby Benson and Donny Osmond, of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were lucky to see all the movies as a teenager.
    I used to listen to rock and roll in my youth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post!! I responded to your comment over on my blog about "Hide and Seek". I'll try to play the Tuesday 4 but I have to go out in the 11 degrees and buy groceries. haha BRRR

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your hubby got the washer and dryer hooked up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great questions and enjoyed your answers! I remember attending football games and some of the basketball games. The hangout was at the mall and we weren't allowed to go just to hangout. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a fun time beck in your days of yore...it's amazing what we could do back then that we wouldn't let our kids do today. The world just isn't that safe anymore to just drop them off or let them stay out and hang out half the night. The kids used to hang out at the mall, but now most of the malls have closed down. I am glad I am not trying to raise teenagers nowadays. There's just too many weird things going on out there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We hardly ever went to the movies when I was a teen because they were so expensive. Good thing you actually had a job at the theater, Linda. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am over both Lowes and Home Depot for buying appliances because of issues dealing with them. Latest one was that they forgot the hoses we ordered and paid for and couldn't install the washer. There's more but I'll spare you. The trouble is that the big stores have driven all the smaller appliance dealers out of business. Glad your husband was able to get things hooked up himself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Square dances? We did square dancing in early elementary school. I always enjoyed them.
    It helps to read the teeny tiny small print. That happened to my son - his refrigerator and the ice maker. The outlet wasn’t up to code so they wouldn’t hook it up. My husband went over to hook it up. It’s just like our garage doors - we had to sign a waiver, that our opener did not have a battery back up or they wouldn’t install it. Crazy regulations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda. Hope your week is going well. Glda to hear that you got your appliances up and running. We bought or fridge through Home Depot and getting it delivered and installed was it's own nightmare so I totally get what you mean. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They wouldn't install my dryer and I had to get a plumber to install and on/off value for the gas.. but that was another big business. I hope you get it installed soon. Being a teen was fun for me and I wouldn't mind going back if I could make my mother nicer. I hope you are having a good day today and I hope weather becomes beach worthy for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun Q-and-A's! The only square dancing we did was in PE, but there were junior high sock hops in the girls' gym. Unlike today, one couldn't attend h.s. prom unless one had a date. One out of 3 ain't bad!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm guessing they did not even mention a refund on what you had already paid for with the appliance installation. This is a cute fun post with sweet answers. I was way too shy to dance. Everyone in the town went to the football games and to the Bears Den for sodas afterwards. Those were the good ol' days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite rock group was The Monkee's. I had a "thing" for Davey Jones.
    What fun to work in a theatre. I would have liked that back in the day. Not now with the garbage being turned out from Hollyweird. I wouldn't want any of those sick images in my mind. Ugh. I have enough 'demons' from the past to deal with.
    It's been raining cats and dogs since early this morning. If Ocala's getting any of this I pray everyone is careful on the road. It's almost flooding here. Not complaining. I like it. We're gonna have a lovely Spring if this continues.
    Love & Prayers ❣️

    ReplyDelete
  15. Moving back to a place where you have so many memories does provoke a lot of thought, both good and bad. But I'm glad you're here. You've escaped a lot of snow by leaving New York!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad the appliances work okay and hope you get your money back since they didn't install them. Good grief! There is just no such thing as customer service anymore. Rocky Horror is such a fun movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoyed your answers. I also liked shaun cassidy. I hope the lowes helps out. I'm sure there are certain "stipulations" that a company might say they don't stand by, but that's frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have never attended an actual square dance before but I remember learning how to square dance in PE! I wonder if they still add that to PE curriculum!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)