How in the world did I forgot to post this yesterday (for today)? Joining in with the Tuesday Meme.
Honoring Toni, thanks Ann!
1. What kind of setting do you like in a book as in nation, country, city, beach, resort, village and
why? If there is no preference, how about a type of character?
I like strong willed characters. I read cozy mysteries that are set in NY, Maine, NH, Ireland. I can easily identify landmarks etc. from the NY ones. I also read non fiction history.
2. Can you tell us about a favorite character in a book you've enjoyed or a program you watch?
I have a stack of books to read...for fun!
I just finished the 8th book in the County Cork Ireland mystery series (Fatal Roots). It is set around a young woman from Boston named Mauve Donovan who inherits a cottage and a bar in Leap, Ireland. Hard knock life and young woman who is frightened to take that next step to be happy. I so can relate to this. She also deals with a lot of stuff; family, bar, cottage, and a murder or two. Great book series.
3. Why are you interested in the TV programs or movies you watch or books you read ? That is, what attracts you to them.
Well...like I said, I like strong willed people. We watched the new movie Little Women, I cried and cried...it is so true; just take a leap of Faith. I know there is a bigger message in there, I am just saying. Sometimes, irregardless of what sex a person is, sometimes you just gotta stand on your own and not worry about others. P.S. Books are an escape and that's ok.
4. Do you get upset if the routine of your day is upset or can you go with the flow?
It depends on what the situation is. It has taken me 3 days to get through a book just because of interruptions, not all bad, just saying. When one has extended family and responsibilities, that comes first. Usually I can go with the flow, however, with that said, there does come a time when a person just has to put the foot down.
ha!
Thank you for joining in!



Interesting reading...we are very different in that regard. Example: I don't enjoy cozy reads set in Maine. I never watched Murder She Wrote and that kind of thing. You are a prolific reader!
ReplyDeleteHope that the demands settle down so you can keep your nose in a good book.
AWWWWWWWWWW....why not? Just wondering, smiles.
DeleteI love to read! Books take me places I've never been. I guess you could say books are my lifeline. The older I become, the more I enjoy mystery.
ReplyDeletePretending I'm at the beach also, Linda. :)
xoxo
EXACTLY!!!! It takes me places I have never been too etc.
DeleteI love a good book, they are an escape. Sometimes the characters become so real to me I miss them when I finish the book!! Since I live so close to the beach I think I'll go to the mountains!!
ReplyDeleteGrin...if I could have both, I would, Mary! (beach and mountains, smiles)
DeletePutting Fatal Roots on my must read list! Sounds wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI would recommend starting with the first book in the series; Buried in a Bog. It explains a lot why the character is what she is...and how she came to Ireland. smiles
DeleteThank you, Linda, for the heads up on the first book. I spent a few minutes on our library site and have the first three books on hold. I’m pretty excited about these books!
DeleteI want to see the new Little Women movie. Such a great story. Loved your answers! Have a great Tuesday!
ReplyDeletehttp://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
I, too, prefer strong-willed female protagonists. Preferably ones I can easily visualize through the author's (often subtle) descriptions. Currently, I'm reading an entertaining 'who-dun-it', but the author (J.A. Jance) is using sooooo many streets and landmarks that mean NOTHING to me, I've begun skipping over those parts.
ReplyDeleteYour books sound intriguing. I've written down the name and series and will see if our local library has them. I love the same kinds of books, as long as they are "clean and decent" in language and "activities", if you know what I mean. I don't like to get embarrassed while reading. LOL> (I'm such a prude! LOL). That's why I tend to stay in the Christian fiction genre, and they do have a wide variety of types of stories and characters. I hope you will soon be off on your own new adventure in life. You have gotten a huge goal/hurdle out of your way, and now I pray the next steps will all fall into place for you. Then you can "imagine" or for real be "at the beach" or the mountains, or at a lighthouse in Maine...Who knows? Anything is possible with God.
ReplyDeleteI think if you want mountains and beaches that don't have 40* temperatures you'd have to move to Tahiti. Hey, why not!? *lol*
ReplyDeleteI'm an avid reader too. I only like to read things on real paper, though. Just love the feel and smell of books. They take me places I never could afford to go to.
Love ~:)
I see you on the beach... over there!! Looking all peaceful and calm.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining in. So glad people are helping continue this.
Books are a great escape. There is nothing like getting lost in a good book, and feeling the joy, pain, excitement the character feels. I love to read.
ReplyDeleteI cried with Little Women too. It was such a good book and movie!
ReplyDelete