Sunday, May 3, 2020

Sunday Salon

I didn't feel like joining in with the Sunday Stealing. What can I say?


Time: 8:11 am

Scene: 56* and sunny!

Today’s plan: I have to post my Spanish homework. 

Drinking: Second cup of Finger Lakes Italian Roast with Italian Sweet Cream

Listening to: The men are here working on the front porch.

Reading: Hmm...nothing...I have finally finished the final paper on Thursday, sent it off via Drop Box on Friday, packed up all the books and I am done. I have decided not to check for comments or whatever until the middle of next week, to which I did tell him that, wink.

Pondering:
Parts of the front porch fell through...so, our sweet landlady has ordered a new composite decking to be put on. I will probably head to Walmart to get new paint; I don't think my Periwinkle bench is going to match the dark decking.


Old  photo prior to the the new decking being put on. The new decking is a dark brown with green tinting. I'll get photos later today when they are finished. And no, the men are not social distancing or wearing masks.

For the record, I am done with this house arrest. It is suppose to be a nice near 70* today. 8 weeks and counting...I know you know that...I'm just a saying...if yesterday was any indication, there are plenty of folks here in town who feel the same way. Enough. I think I will go through the closet and drawers and start putting winter things away and maybe even take a walk later today.

10 comments:

  1. Bet the floor to the porch will look good and the bench will be fine or you could paint it if it doesnt suit you. I know you are glad school is behind you and now you can get on with 'living' a normal life. Happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of times I don't feel like joining in
    on things either.
    It was such a beautiful day here yesterday.
    Everyone was out buying their flowers and
    planting them, including me.
    Have a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, so many questions can be overwhelming.
    Sounds like y'all have the greatest landlady! Enjoy your walk, and watch out for bad guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the blue bench. Too bad it won't look good on the new deck but kudo's to your sweet landlady. She's a peach.
    Praying for y'all what we talked about earlier. God is gonna do great things for y'all, I just now it!
    Love & Prayers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda. So glad you are getting your deck fixed. Hope you get a good grade on your final paper. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to get the new deck flooring before you want to sit out there! Keep us posted on the color you choose for the bench. I do like the blue though. Hope you are able to get out and about!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful her in south central PA... 70's with lots of pollen.. have a great day... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I fear you are packing the winter clothes too soon. But today is definitely an outdoor day. Except that my internet keeps going out in the back yard. In the distance I hear people riding dirt bikes. I'd rather be hearing the birds. Oh well. Hope you kept some winter clothes out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw pics on FB and it was looking good. It's been a beautiful day here too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your new porch...saw on FB, and it looks gray there. Is it different than what you said above? I would think it would look great with your blue bench. I know you are happy to have it done. Time for you to start enjoying life a bit. You've been working very hard!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)