Friday, May 1, 2020

Hornell Made the News

Hornell made the news and not in a good way.

...
Shameful! Thankful for our county manager for calling this out. 


Hope you have a beautiful day, friends.

10 comments:

  1. Gov. Cuomo doesn't know what he's doing, does he. He's in way over his depth. What a dim bulb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not aware of staff to continue working once they are infected here in PA, but I did the math again this morning and 67% of deaths are in nursing homes. Nursing homes are extremely vulnerable during this. There is more than one in PA where the virus runs rampant, over 100 cases in each! I'm not saying anything more about what creates that environment because the last time I brought it up somewhere I was accused of saying our elderly are expendable. Good grief! Knowing why the numbers are high means no such thing. People are making me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meanwhile I remain a hostage in a retirement community that has a nursing home on the premises.. for my good I guess but I will tell you I will not be let free for at least a year... now we have the meals (meat wagon) drop off the food at our door... I retired for this???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, that is so sad. Although I cannot seem to open that link above, so I will just have to comment without reading the article. Our local nursing facility also has had a lot of cases/deaths. So sad. I am so thankful my mother in law is now safely in heaven and not still at the nursing home. Even though it was a very nice one, we would not have been able to see her all this time and that would not have been good. Praying for this dreaded virus to go back to China where it came from...or actually just to go away altogether and never come back again. Enough is enough!!! Praying for friends like your commenter above, Bunkerville, who apparently can't leave the premises even though she does not live in the actual nursing home but on the premises in a retirement community? Wow! That certainly helps me realize that we don't want to do that! Praying Praying Praying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shaking my head, jaw agape at the stupidity. Or, is it pure evil?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has become a national disgrace. Nursing homes and assisted living facilities all over the country, not just in New York, are experiencing large amounts of COVID-19 infections and deaths, including at least two nursing homes in my community. Not only that, but older people are being targeted for comments (and even acts of hostility) implying that it is time for them to move on (i.e. die).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most of the deaths in my corner have been in nursing homes. Nursing homes need some serious attention and scrutiny. I have no idea what all the answers are. They are not safe places by and large. I pray that no one ends up in one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have some problem nursing homes here in Lakeland, too. It is very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sad! Our facility is not accepting anyone with Covid. It spreads so easily that it's a risk to the other residents to accept one. Also, we are checking temps and reviewing sx with staff every 4 hours. They can't work with sx, and have to be sx free for 72 hours. If they hget Covid, they have to be healthy for 2 weeks before coming back.
    So far we have one staff member with it - she got it from her husband, but it's been two weeks now. She's still off work and no residents have it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)