So.. Let's talk about Trains, Planes and Boats this week.
The Orient Express was a long-distance passenger train service created in 1883 by Compagnie Internationale des Wagons-Lits. Fares range from
£2,200 per person for a Venice to London journey, up to £40,000 for a Grand Suite on the Istanbul journey.
1. Do you enjoy riding on trains, planes or boats? Got a tale to tell us?
Trains and Boats. I really don't like planes. When we lived in Florida, we use to take the boat (ours and friends) over to Bermuda, Bahamas, Bimini and Cuba. Yes, Cuba.
We also sailed from Hudson, NY to NYC and back, that photo isn't loading.
2. The Orient Express is super luxurious with 5 star accommodations including real bedrooms, cocktail bars, etc.
It stops along a route that includes, London, Paris, Berlin,
Bucharest, Venice, Paris, Prague and Istanbul.
Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express is set on the train.
You can choose your itinerary from the lists their site offers. Of the places shown here, which cities interest you the most and why?
Bucharest, & Prague because they sound so exotic.
3. Do you think you would enjoy a cruise? Where would you go?
No, not a cruise. No thanks. Now, if it was a private yacht, sure...would love to travel the 7 seas.
4. Given the time and the choice and money being no object will you travel to Europe via plane or luxury liner?
Ugh...it would have to be a plane...I just don't think I could do 4 weeks at sea. How hypocritical from my previous answes, lol.



I have been on a cruise and say 'no thank you' to another. It wasnt that much fun to me. I would definitely fly to Europe. Any city in Switzerland, Austria or Germany for me. Happy Tuesday my friend.
ReplyDeleteIndeed! I would love to see Switzerland or Austria. smiles
DeleteA cruise has never appealed to me, at all. I've been to London, Paris, Oslo, spent several days in Ireland (Dublin and Galway), as well as to Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Mexico, and some of the western states (Washington, Oregon), and drove across the country once, from NY to California, and several times drove to Florida, and once to Oklahoma (26 hours each way!). I love seeing the countryside, driving, but hate the highway driving with tractor trailers. I don't mind flying, but hate going through TSA, I always get patted down. I love traveling, though, and seeing new places. I like going in grocery stores in different places, if truth be told...Carrefour in France, so much fun. All of my trips have been relatively cheap and reasonable, luxury doesn't appeal to me.
ReplyDeleteOh I don't like flying for certain. Not fun and a whole lot less fun since 2001. A cruise? Don't think so. I don't enjoy train travel either. Guess it would have to be a good old-fashioned road trip. All this is not to say that I wouldn't enjoy seeing other places in the world, hence the reason I enjoy the Vlogs.
ReplyDeleteI don't really like flying, I can't sit still that long, but I DO love takeoff and landing. Hubster and I have decided that cruising is the way to go for us...I don't have to endure his crappy driving. We take at least one each year, probably not this year, though.
ReplyDeleteI would like to cruise our inland waterways or down the Mississippi.
ReplyDeleteNo yachts, cruise ships, etc for me. I'm the only one in the family who doesn't want to do that. Now, the train I would love. That brings me my dad when he was a boy; he said he'd hop a train to visit his dad in Detroit. When he'd get there his dad would say "well hell, boy if I'd known you were coming, I'da sent you a ticket".
ReplyDeleteI've only flown three times, and can honestly say would be so happy to get my feet back on the ground. :)
xoxo
That is a long time on a boat. I am not sure I would want to do that either. Who can take that long of a vacation? Loved your answers! Have a nice week!
ReplyDeletehttp://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Other than maybe Italy because of my heritage, I really have no desire to travel internationally! I do want to see as much of the USA as possible though!
ReplyDeleteWell I'm used to trains and I'm ok with planes as a means of getting from A-B. Having coped with going to Australia from here (UK) via Hong Kong I think I could cope with most flights. We've also done a cruise and I loved it. Seeing lots of places without the hassle of having to keep packing and unpacking. Of course now I don't want to be travelling anywhere unless it's under our own steam. Not that they'll actually be a choice!
ReplyDeleteWe did a cruise on a "luxury" liner ... once ... around Hawaii. That was enough for me. I was never so B-O-R-E-D in my entire life. So, no thank you to ever doing that again. I much prefer driving to anything else.
ReplyDeleteBut, that said, I would LOVE to see Croatia. There's a motorcycle Vlog we follow on YouTube called "Itchy Boots". She made a journey through that area and it is gorgeous! Wow. I wanna go there now. And the people were so friendly. I think there's a lot of Christians living there? They sure were kind-hearted and generous, I could see that. Very cool.
Love
I'm so impressed at your sailing adventures! Are y'all certified captains, or did you charter someone to pilot y'all? Tell us more sometime?
ReplyDeleteHey, if you manage that trip on the private yacht I'd like to apply to be your maid!
Linda, 22 of us went on a cruise years ago and had a ball. I would love to go on another cruise but have no clue when that will be. I like to go places but I just don't like traveling to get there! LOL! Wish I could beam myself up!!! Hugs and blessings, Cindy
ReplyDeleteOur one and only cruise was awful and we have never wanted to try it again. If I can get there by car, we will drive. I don't mind flying... it is just all the security stuff we have to go through to get on the plane. No thanks. Fun questions from Annie!
ReplyDeleteMy cousin went on a month long trip on a ship and she loved it. She went from NY To France, Spain, Morocco and Mozambique. Then she went across to South American and all the way down to Argentina. My sister was scheduled for a 3 week cruise but postponed it because of Covid. I like the excursion on the cruise, but I also like exploring the ship and doing activities and going to the shows. I loved feeling the wind as we sailed. I am lucky that I don't get motion sickness. I really don't love plane, but they get you there fast. Did you enjoy Cuba? Did you eat the food there?
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had some interesting trips/cruises. I am not a "cruiser"...does not appeal to me at all. Would love a real train trip across the Rockies or Alaska or that Orient Express sounds very interesting. I'd love to see all those places. Plane trips aren't bad if you want to get somewhere fast. Would love to take a road trip on the back roads of the country where there is no traffic, but hubby would never drive it. And I agree with you...all those weeks at sea...no thank you. I am afraid that memories of the "Titanic" would keep coming back to haunt me! LOL. Have a blessed and wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteI could never do a transatlantic ship... I loved reading Susan Branch's book about their trip to England on Ocean liner, but I am afraid I would ahe hated that long time at sea!. Air travel for me!!
ReplyDeleteTheyve ruined ocean liners. They are ugly now, over stuffed and there is no elegance to them.
ReplyDeleteCuba? Wow - that's really interesting!
ReplyDeleteI would say plane too. 4 weeks on a ship is too much for me. I'm far too impatient. :)
Its only a week to sail by ship to Europe today. Not too bad and the food is good they say. Thanks for taking part.
ReplyDeleteI have no desire to go on a cruise and I have not flown since I was 20. I am a "stay at home" kinda lady!!!
ReplyDelete