I forgot about the HP yesterday, so, I am day late, what else is new? ((grin))
1. In a single sentence tell us something about your 40's. If you haven't reached that milestone yet tell us (in a single sentence) something about whatever decade you're in now.
Let's see, at age 46 we made a life changing move to here. It will be a 7 years on Monday since we moved here. I have no idea where the next 7 - 10 years will be. Scary thoughts.
2. Life begins at forty. Agree or disagree? Tell us why. And if not at forty, when?
Does it? I don't know. Life began for me 3 years ago after the life altering hysterectomy-just keeping it real. It's true though-my mother always said to watch your weight; quickly loosing that battle and hormones (or lack of) that is a major issue. tmi
3. Share a favorite book, song, or quote with a number featured in it somewhere.
4. A picture's worth a thousand words, a stitch in time saves nine, back to square one, catch-22, on cloud nine, my two cents...pick a number phrase and tell us how it applies to your life currently.
I know most of you have been paying attention..and get what I am saying about this Wuhan Virus.
5. Last time you drove more than 40 miles from home?
Beginning of semester.
More than 400 miles from home? Where were you going?
Wow, been a long time since we drove that far.
Was it before or after this current season of social distancing?
Before the current season of social distancing-which is stupid, jmo.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
OKKKKKKKKKKKK you asked.
![]() |
| not me or hubby |
I am so done and over with the mask thing. I guess the powers that be in Albany never gave it a thought of us folks who have underlying problems such as asthma. Since the weather is warming up and pollen is becoming and issue, enough. And if folks around town are any indication, they have had enough. Sorry, if you want to wear a mask, great. I support you. But don't lecture me. I am an adult who can make up her own mind, thank you very much.
Not that I take anything that WHO has to say about it. I have to laugh; Wear a mask when sneezing or coughing, seriously? Talk about germs galore. But use common sense folks. Those cloth masks do nothing to protect you, do some homework. CDC guidelines recommend it. But do not order the public to do so. Hey, here's a thought--you do know you are breathing in your germs and bad Carbon Dioxide (or whatever its called), right? Someone please educate me on this.
Yeah, that is where we are at as a society. Especially in the state of NY. I had a young man threaten yesterday, which really ticked me off. He refused me entry into a store. Then I pointed at the sign that stated, "Unless you have an underlying issue such as COPD or Asthma -you must wear a mask." Thank you very much. He did allow me in. Oh, they can't ask --due to HIPPA laws.







Hard to believe you've been in NY 7 years! That is terrible that you were at first refused entry to the store yesterday. Times are crazy!
ReplyDeleteI have a comment on mask wearing:
ReplyDeleteHave you noticed that the sides of these masks
tend to be slightly open? This will let in germs.
My husband and I don't feel they do any good.
Enjoyed all of your answers Linda. And one of my favorite phrases was something my granny used to say all the time. I didn't quite fully understand it though til I got grown..."It's a great life baby if we don't weaken". So true! Have a great day Linda. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
ReplyDeleteIt's hit or miss here. Some stores don't say anything about masks and others are very rigid about the policy. Most people, though, seem to be going for erring on the side of caution when it stores. Out and about in the great outdoors I don't see many wearing them.
ReplyDeleteMask - I wear one when necessary; otherwise I dont. One way or the other doesnt bother me. The things that are open shouldnt be and the ones that are closed should open.....lalalala
ReplyDeleteSo far, haven't had any fascists try to make me wear a mask. Almost everyone I see here is unmasked. (That sounds funny.) BUT, if it comes to that, if shooting is not an option (don't tempt me) I might have a solution, wear one with the front cut out around the nose and mouth. There. Everybody's happy. *smirk* I'll even put swastika's on mine so they'll feel right at home.
ReplyDeleteOhhh, how I love to stir a good hornet's nest.
*huge Cheshire grin*
Hope the job and/or moving situation is solved for y'all soon. Still praying.
Love ya
I have seen no one wearing a mask in my corner, but I have only been out and about four times since this stuff began. I wore one to the funeral because it was required and because it was important for me to be there. I agree completely with what you are saying. Whuhan is too hard to say so I covid, but I know where it came from. (Apparently, it's too hard for me to spell, too.)
ReplyDeleteHang tough! It is a real challenge for me not to be triggered by the ignorant...those people who think they know when they have not been doing their research. What you say is great...don't lecture me. Do as you wish, but leave me out of it.
I carry a mask in my purse and Beloved has one in his pocket for those times when a mask is requested. Otherwise, we are not wearing ours these days. For the places we go, we are in the minority.
ReplyDeleteWhat a tilt-a-whirl environment y'all are having to endure! (For now …) When I mentioned to my hairdresser that we have to go back to UAB pretty soon, she told me Jefferson County will fine anyone up to $500 for NOT wearing a mask.
ReplyDeleteI agree, l00%, Linda about the masks! Yeah, good way to get sick wearing one. I do appreciate the business's who have the plastic shield between them and the public. It's so very different where you live as to what it is here. I hope y'all can move sooner than later. And, that's my two cents.
ReplyDeletexoxo
I hate wearing a mask and only when I absolutely have to! At work they are required any time you are outside of your office.
ReplyDeleteWe haven't worn a mask since the beginning unless we can't go somewhere without it. I agree they do nothing. I enjoyed your HP!!
ReplyDeleteNo mask unless its required by the tyrannical stores and gov. No masks, no distancing at home with relations either though I will for the sake of those outside who trust in that. Enjoyed reading this :)
ReplyDeletePeople here in Michigan have had about enough! At this point many people are just doing what they want and not paying attention to the governor. And you know how I feel about the whole thing, including masks.
ReplyDeleteI don't know if anyone has seen the new CDC guidelines that just came out for schools. Children will be forced to wear masks all day...and a lot of other impossible things for children. I have been just sick after reading it. So thankful I don't have any children (or grandchildren) in school. Praying for some reasonable solutions and answers soon. I respect everyone's wishes and feelings if they feel they need to wear a mask because everyone has different personal issues that we may not know. But I also ask others to respect me as well. Praying really really hard for our President and our nation. Praying for YOU, too, Linda, as you begin your job search and decisions about your family's future. We know that God has a good plan!!!
ReplyDeleteMay is a moving anniversary for our family too. We moved from Florida to Idaho in May, 2000. 20 years---that's the longest I have lived anywhere in my entire life.
ReplyDeleteI saw my chiropractor today, and he asked if it was okay if he didn't wear a mask when he adjusted me. I said it was fine. Most of his patients feel the same way. he said that wearing the mask all day every day as he has been doing the past few weeks had been affecting his health negatively. Not enough air!
agree with your though: "CDC guidelines recommend it. But do not order the public to do so." ....thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day