Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Playing along...



1. Ever played the game Farkle? Are you a risk taker? In games only or also in life?

I haven't the foggiest idea what that game is. Being a risk taker depends on what the situation is.


2. What's your favorite thing about your yard or whatever outdoor space you may have?

We have a postage size backyard. In the summer time, I like seeing the flowers on the front porch.



3. Tell us about the most interesting building you've seen or been in.

my photo

The Upside Down House in Clifton Park, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. Clifton Park is dab smack in the middle of town, its the amusement atmosphere of Niagara Falls. Unfort. due to the shutdown, we can't walk across the border anymore. Actually, Canada and the US are shutdown on both sides now.

4. In this current season of social distancing, what's something you've come to realize you take for granted in more ordinary times? Do you think you'll make a conscious effort to appreciate whatever that 'it' is once normal life resumes?

Take for granted? Seriously? I am so sick of folks who think this is ok (shutdown and limit of rights) No, its not right. Read up on the Constitution. Title 18 Sec. 242

5. Share a favorite song with a springtime flower in the lyrics somewhere.

Some other Spring-not sure if it has a flower in it, but I like Ms. Holiday



6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Following photos taken last July.


My son waiting for me.


 Walking across the border, that would be my son on the left. He stopped to wait, my husband is way up ahead in blue.


Clifton Park, its quite a hike uphill.


He's always game to take photos, not me. The Oaks is a park in the middle of town. 


That would be my husband. Sigh, I miss "normal".


The Crowne Hotel is the very first thing you see once you walk through immigration.. The Mounties and border patrol are nice, friendly folks who gave great directions and tips, not to mention where to go exchange US money for Canadian. Gotta get a plug in for our friends in the north country, wink.


Eagerly awaiting to get back to normal. Unfort. our politicians have mucked it up so much that we will not be getting back to normal anytime soon or if ever. We.the. People. Allowed it to happen.


26 comments:

  1. Awww...most are missing "normal." I refuse to use the current word for normal. One day, things will straighten up. Hopefully, it won't take months or worse. That upside down house is unique. Did they straighten up and fly right once inside; how far did they carry the theme?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't stand to be in...it was just odd...and since I suffer from claustrophobia type issues, I waited for the guys outside. smiles

      Delete
  2. I like how the promises of things opening back up are coupled with threats that we'll be locked back up if we misbehave, and lots of people get sick. It's a good thing we have a wise and all-knowing governor to guide us, stupid idiots that we are...

    ReplyDelete
  3. [snickering at the upside down house] There are SO many Canada jokes mullin' around in my overly fertile brain ... ey. *lol* They need to build a house like that in Australia since they're already upside down. *grin* (We have friends that live there and tease them about being upside down incessantly.)
    Yep, I'm concerned too that this fascism is the new "normal", especially for folks up Nawth. I knew once the devil worshipers (Left) got their teeth in the bit, neither love nor money would be able to rein them in. That horse has bolted out of the barn and is long gone, I fear.
    We're staying busy today: cleaning house, mowing, etc. The weather has been lovely this Spring. I wish it would stay cool like this always, but, alas, Summer with it's brutal heat is never too far behind. I wish we could skip that part! *lol*
    Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe you have hurricane or a ts out in the Atlantic...its going to be a longgggggggg summer, sigh.

      Delete
  4. Amen, sister! you can't take for granted something that is your right! I like that upside house and if I'm ever in that area I will definitely visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda. I love these pictures. That upside down house is pretty interesting. I hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it was pretty interesting, and just as odd, lol.

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness! That upside down house is surely different. NOPE, I could stand to walk in there either. Mercy, I am upside down as it is! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOL. Thanks Cindy...I hear you. smiles

      Delete
  7. Don’t try to practice law, Linda, you’re out of your wheelhouse. 18 USC §242 deals with the following.

    Color of law refers to an appearance of legal power to act that may operate in violation of law. For example, if a police officer acts with the "color of law" authority to arrest someone, the arrest, if it is made without probable cause, may actually be in violation of law. It does not apply to the acts of a governor exercising his or her emergency powers. You’re starting to sound like the Nazis who stormed the capital in Michigan.

    Of course you won’t post this comment...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am I out of my wheelhouse? Truly? You have once again MISSED THE WHOLE POINT. The statue states; Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States... (it goes on to say more)--- These governors have indeed subjected persons of ALL COLOR to UNCONSTITUTIONAL LAWS including lockdowns and such. Good grief, get a grip on reality.

      As for me sounding like Nazis, no, its the people like these governors who are acting like Nazis. DON'T YOU EVER CALL ME or REFER TO ME AS THAT. I happen to support the fine people who stormed the capital in Michigan and elsewhere including Albany. Government overreach is far too real. Sorry you are so blind.

      I'm not suppressing your free speech. END

      Delete
  8. Awesome photos, Linda! I'd love to be there at the Falls right this minute! Liam is certainly the gentleman, isn't he? How great that he still enjoys spending time with you and his dad. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he does, Myra. I know it will end one day. smiles

      Delete
  9. Wow...I love your photos...beautiful day from a happier time. We will get back to that, I pray. May God, in His mercy, hear our prayers, and set these people straight before it is too late. That upside down house reminds me of how things are right now in this world. But I know WHO can turn thing back to the RIGHT, and we will keep praying to that end. Meanwhile, just start making your plans for your next adventure. That will keep your mind occupied and happier.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The earliest we hear is the end of August would be the soonest for any changes....here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, same here. Sad to say...and talk on the street is there won't be schools open either. A lot of anger going on here. Folks about had enough.

      Delete
  11. I love the upside down house!
    I too want things to go back to normal and thanks for supporting the people who went to the capitol in Michigan. Some were my friends, who said (no surprise) the media did not show things as they really happened...
    People are heading for Lansing again tomorrow. Our Governor is a power hungry woman!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I've got to go back to Niagara Falls because I've never seen the upside down house. I love that kind of cheesy tourist stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had forgotten about Farkle, I'd played it many years ago with friends of ours. It is a lot of fun :) I do recommend it. Love that picture of your trip over to Niagara Falls and the upside down house looks so neat to see!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The situation is really difficult and complex and Governments face being damned if they do and damned if they don't. What's ok in some areas would definitely not be ok in others - we've seen restrictions eased a little bit this week and the scenes on public transport are horrific. I'm sure we will see a spike in infections and then subsequently deaths in time and then we'll be locked back down again. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the photo's, Linda.

    There have been some changes here in FL; 25% only in restaurants, some beach openings.

    I fear for our country; not so much the virus but what's behind it by some not so smart people. There are even folks who think it's ok to vote in the election whether they're actual residents or not. Oh, don't get me going.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)