Saturday, May 9, 2020

Saturday 9

It's an artic blast here in Western New York with snow. So, let's get the Saturday 9 posted, shall we?

Saturday 9: I'll Always Love My Mama (1973)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This week's featured artists, The Intruders, sing that they don't know how their mama made it through the week without ever getting a good night's sleep. How did you sleep last night?

Not good. I know most of you were following the Spanish saga on my FB page; bottom line was they (the online college where I was taking the last NY state mandated Spanish class) weren't allowing the IEP documented disability to be used for extra time on the final. I was timed out twice (yep, forced to retake it twice-it was a 8 question essay and fill in the blanks, so in reality it was a 80-100 question exam that had to be done in 1 hr and 25 min.). I finally had enough at 8 pm, emailed the dean at my Univ. and by 9 pm it was emailed back that she would accept the partial exam, grade it and give my final grade based on that (after  a few well placed choice words/emails). She passed me with a C-. I had such a gosh awful headache; probably from crying all day into the evening. My poor husband and son probably thought I was loco.

2) The Intruders performed this song on Soul Train, a syndicated show that ran for more than 3 decades. What show do you try never to miss?



3) On Soul Train, the Intruders wore solid black shirts beneath their brightly colored jackets. Black, white, khaki, navy and gray are considered neutral colors, because they go with everything. If we were to check your closet, which would we find you wear most often: black, white, khaki, navy or gray?

Most? Gray or shades of purple.

4) Especially for Mother's Day: Access Hollywood named Carol Brady of The Brady Bunch TV's #1 mom. Who is your favorite TV mom?

I dont have a favorite TV mom, if I had to guess it would be Aunt Bee.

5) Mother Winters always gave Sam peppermint tea to calm her stomach. Do you have any tried-and-true home remedies to share?

Just aloe vera for sunburns.

6) Sam's mother always tips 15% in restaurants. Sam has worked in food service and is more judgmental, tipping between 10% and 25%, depending on the quality of the service. What's your tipping policy? Are you more like Sam or her mother? How do you handle tips for carry out or delivery during this Covid-19 crisis?

It depends on the service. Since most places are still closed here. Yes, I know, they have to make a living. 

7) When the tip of her shoelace becomes frayed, Sam's mother snips off the end and then paints the tip with clear nail polish. Good as new! Sam thinks that's crazy because you can just buy new laces for less than $2. Are you more frugal like mother or spendthrift like daughter?

Depends. A little of both.

8) Mother Winters loves how french vanilla smells and burns her Yankee Candles all year around. Do you use scented candles or air fresheners?



Scented candles or actually, wax melts My favorite right now is called Pancakes and Syrup.


9) Sam is celebrating Mother's Day with her mother's favorite, Hershey Bars. Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or chocolate with almonds?

I am allergic to almonds, so I'll take classic milk chocolate or dark chocolate, please.


12 comments:

  1. Must be cold up your way... snow?? below 32 here so figure all the spring flowers and fruit tree blossoms are toast.... stay warm.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, its cold...and artic blast of sorts, I guess. Had to bring in the flower pots etc. Keeping you in prayer, Bunk...I am plotting an escape, wink.

      Delete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you, Linda. I am glad you Spanish test is out of the way. I hope you have a good weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Blogging is cheaper than therapy" -- cute. I've not seen that before. Also prayer and just being still while the emotions calm down.

    I'm glad you survived the Spanish crisis, hard as it was.

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sooooo glad to hear that you're over and done with that Spanish debacle. ("Good riddance" … jus' saying.) I've not burned scented candles since 2013 when Cara's vet alluded that might have contributed to her death. I wonder if wax melts would be a safer alternative?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the Spanish class. I had a similar experience back in college but I had to print my final page because the person that was suppose to type it for me could not do it. I was up all night and drove it to the Prof. home. That was back in 1977. I started watching American Bandstand before Soul Train and watched both until they ended. Enjoy your Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheese and Crackers, bet you're so glad that Spanish nonsense is over with. Congratulations on passing!
    My favorite smell is Vanilla. I burn a candle now and again, not very often. They make me feel like I'm suffocating. Guess that's one major reason I don't smoke. Don't like fires burning around me. Yuck.
    Happy Mother's Day! Hope y'all can escape soon, even if it's just to go out to eat and enjoy yourselves at local restaurants.
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO happy for you that your Spanish class/test is over and done with, and God did work that miracle that we prayed for. God is so good to take care of these details that are very important in our lives. So now you are free to move on to the next big event in your life! I am excited to watch from afar and see how this next chapter unfolds. Like reading an exciting mystery/adventure book!! Just thankful that, so far, there are no "bodies". LOL. Hope you can relax and have a wonderful Mother's Day with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray! I am so glad the Spanish grade worked out! I know that has to be a relief for you and probably for your hubby, too. Hey, he has to live with you. ;)
    Freezing cold and snow here today. Blah. Where is spring?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy for you that Spanish is DONE!! Enjoyed your answers, Linda! Happy weekend - celebrate as best you can!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad Spanish class is OveR! Hope that your nerves are healing even now. Stuff like that is exhausting. Jane Wyatt...the mom on Father Knows Best was my favorite...so kind, patient, and loving. Thankfully, my own mother was like that, though I could push her to a frazzle.

    The snow was most unwelcome and the cold wind that came with it. Ackkk... in May?! Hope that it's over.

    A blessed Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I missed the Spanish debacle! I'm so glad that's done. Nothing has been easy for you throughout this whole thing.
    I like Aunt Bea too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)