Today's topic is Being Sociable. Joining in with Ann and friends.
1. Do you bring a gift when you are invited to someone's home?
Yes, of course. Depending on whom or where; flowers, wine, desert...just depends on how well I know the person.
Earl Grey tea, Chicken salad sandwiches, pita chips, assorted fruit with chocolate dip, dessert like my berry trifle and probably homemade chocolate eclairs.
3. Do you enjoy entertaining company in your home?
Yep. sure do. We had a friend stop by Sunday and we had pizza out in the backyard from the pizza backyard oven, hamburgers, soft drinks and beer in the backyard. It was impromptu. It was 71* outside and I even got a hug. So there. Take that you one rude neighbor who threatened to call the police.
4. The 4th of July national celebration will be in South Dakota at Mount Rushmore. How will you celebrate America's birthday?
Well...since I firmly believe Hornell will still be locked down, there won't be any plans ...our usual backyard BBQ. I'm pretty sure there won't be fireworks, shameful. RUMOR MILL aka neighbors in the know, our Republican mayor has no plans to open and is backing Cuomo.
WWG1WGA
WWG1WGA
Thank you for joining in!


"my berry trifle"
ReplyDeleteOK, I will be there! 😄
WWG1WGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
😃 yes!
Oh yes...berry trifle...if someone doesn't like that, I say, What's wrong with you?" LOLOLOL
DeleteYES, WWG1WGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That impromptu picnic sounds absolutely amazing about now. All the little normal things have suddenly become big things.
ReplyDeleteWhat is WWG1WGA?
WWG1WGA--- Where we go one, we go all. I'll send you a link.
DeleteANYTIME you want to come up, we are fine with it, smiles.
sounds like a great tea party she said with her bruised arm. This portable cuff comes off at 10 am and I am sooooo ready. It HURTS and my arm is sore and red from the pressure.. hate this. There I said it.
ReplyDeletewwg1wga :)
The food for your tea party sounds delicious!!
ReplyDeleteI keep thinking about what will be my first meal after this inmate is let loose.. sort of what apparently the condemned do for their last meal.... Philly cheese steak "wid" as they say in South Phila will be mine with onion rings,,,,,, chocolate milk shake,,,,,
ReplyDeleteBerries, yum. I went to Aldi yesterday, strawberries were $1.29 a pound, so yeah, I was THAT LADY who bought six. Two for my son Joseph who loves them, and the rest...well...
ReplyDeleteI did go visit my son, daughter-in-law, and two little granddaughters for a bit last evening. Social distancing goes out the window because they have two border collies who don't take NO for an answer. This son of mine was in the Army, stationed on the west coast, stayed out there for a while, just moved "home" two years ago, lives ten minutes down the road, and I've missed them so much. I've been over there outside a few times, and went in carefully a few times, but this time, ha heck, just settled in on the couch. The two year old and the six year old are going crazy...they've missed company, missed their friends, missed real life...it's cruelty for children to be closed in, they have a huge yard, but still. Anyway, one of these days we'll have to meet halfway, meet in real life.
That dang pizza looked so good too Linda! Made me want one! Hugs and blessings, Cindy
ReplyDeleteOh that's a tea I'd love to attend. Your mayor probably feels as if he is on a tight rope.
ReplyDeleteGosh, I'd love to stick my index finger right in the middle of that trifle. (Ya, I'm THAT person … can't take me anywhere.) Impromptu get-togethers are the best!
ReplyDeleteThe food does sounds scrumptious. The only thing I would able to eat would be the tea though, or better still, if y'all had some of those flavored New England Coffee's we've been sippin' on every afternoon. *lol*
ReplyDeleteI had to look up the "WWG1WGA". Whatever that stands for I agree with it. There is a Deep State and we are in deep, uh, you know. *grin*
Love
The neighbor threatened to call the police? You were Breakin' the law, Breakin ' the law again...hahahahahaha. Gosh, I hope it gets back to normal up there. This is crazy.
ReplyDeleteThe food you mentioned sounds wonderful! Loved your answers! Have a great Tuesday!
http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Well, I was enjoying reading this until I got to the part about the Mayor. What? Craziness!
ReplyDeleteThat trifle looks so good!! Please bring it with you when you come down!! (wink) I got a hug today, too!! My friend, Dawn. It felt good to hug a friend again! AND to talk to someone in person (other than Joe!)!!
ReplyDeleteI would LOVE to come to your tea party. We could really put on a good show for your neighbors. Maybe they are just jealous that you didn't invite them. Can't say as I blame you. Maybe you should bake them some cookies and sweeten them up a bit. What does it say in the Bible about being good to those who hurt you and it is like putting coals of fire on their heads, or something like that...I'll have to look it up. Take care and God bless you.
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed your answers. We don't socialize with the Coronavirus
ReplyDeletestill out. We only go to hubby's doctors.
We will celebrate our July 4 with a hometown fireworks
display that we can see from our house, if they don't cancel it.