I know most of you saw on FB that we had a police presence at our home on Saturday due to them looking for someone whose license plate listed her address as living at our address. When the police were assured she did not and we did (for seven years) the reply was, "Yes, we know". I think it was safe to say we all were perplexed. Ok then. I am happy to report:
Our sweet landlady finally answered the perplexing question that had kept me up all night. You know; was this lady hurt? Was she is in trouble? Accident? Death? Nosy rosy I am. No, simple truth was this person had lived in our house 20+ years ago and had moved to NC., our landlady, the lady in question and police officer (our landlady's nephew) who had asked us questions are all related. Yes, the lady in question is in trouble, no, he didn't know she had moved to NC (because he was only like 10 years old at the time), her license plate had come back to this address. It is unknown at the time how he got the plate or the reasons why. Our landlady did call her nephew and cleared up the questions (she wasn't here Saturday when he / they/police came by). The Police Officer was trying to do it peaceful without alarming the lady--something about a pocket book?? Whose/What/Why ---he isn't saying. ANYWAYS--the lady was found, she is actually here visiting her sister who had knee surgery, and still has her NY license, hmm on that one. That's all we know...our 'hood has been under the microscope lately, it seems the drug house across the street had a party --a huge party in the backyard. None of my business, I /we didn't even know...all I know is, parking was unbearable that day/evening. ANYWAYS--our governor has relaxed some of the lockdown rules; 10 people can now congregate ((rolling eyes)).
We will not be attending the parade. Since NO standing on the sidewalk or streets is allowed. Must be in vehicles, however, vehicles are not allowed downtown during the parade, so there you have it. The parade is only vehicles, no marching. So, that pretty much means no spectators. Ridiculous. Total safe distancing and masks most be worn even in your car. I don't know who dictates such idiocy (Cuomo), but it is total idiocy. Same as this thought:
No walking on dry sand, but you can walk on wet sand ((??? umm... you have to cross dry sand before you can get to the wet sand, just proves my point of idiocy))
No swimming at the beaches
Churches are allowed only 10 people, 6ft apart, masks must be worn
BBQ's can only have 10 people; safe distancing is required and masks must be worn. ((UMM NOT))
and the list goes on...it is not about the virus, it is about C.O.N.T.R.O.L. I digress...Memorial Day...day to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice; their lives.
I hope you can take a few moments to reflect on those who fought for our freedoms and died doing so. Now, more than ever.



Oh, I am so glad the mystery is solved and that the woman in question is okay. Now you can rest easy. Too bad about the parade. If you can't park your cars on the street, but you have to stay in your cars to watch the parade...how does that happen? The rules just really make one scratch their heads and say who makes up these things? Alfred P. Newman from M.A.D. magazine? LOL. I am so sorry you have to live under such stupidity. Sometimes I find myself wishing there was Someone bigger than all of this who would just say "ENOUGH!!! THIS CRISIS IS OVER AND EVERYONE GO BACK TO LIVING LIFE AGAIN!" Or perhaps Jesus will come and take us all home and leave those who have no clue scratching their heads and wondering what happened... In the meantime, let us remember those who died for our freedoms, and give thanks for them. May their sacrifices not be in vain.
ReplyDeleteExactly! Anyways, it looks thunderstorms will be moving in this morning-its suppose to be near 90* today, and who wants to sit in a hot car? Just wondering. Have a beautiful day, Pamela.
DeleteHave a great day with good food.. We are so blessed for all those who gave so much..
ReplyDeleteIndeed, Bunk...I'll say it again, if we lived closer I would bail you out of "jail" and you can spend time with us. Thank you for your service.
DeleteGlad the mystery is solved and that is over...what a mess! Have to sit in cars but no cars allowed downtown and the parade is cars....none of that makes sense. I wouldnt go either. Enjoy your day no matter what!
ReplyDeleteIt doesn't make any sense, Linda. That's what my husband said last night when I read him the two articles and we had an argument with our landlady--I showed her the two articles and she was dumbfounded. She went upstairs called a few people and sure enough, exactly what was stated in the paper and online (and what I wrote). SO that tells me, they don't want folks out. I am just done with all this nonsense. I better stop. sigh.
DeleteIt's going to be a very hot week. I didn't know about the mystery, but I do know (fortunately, it was not for a long period of time) what it was like to have a drug house across the street from us. Scratching my head at the particulars of the situation you encountered. Very much thinking of our war dead today, and for me that includes those who came back but were never the same.
ReplyDeleteOh I see its going to be a very warm week...sigh, and yet, the police do nothing about the drug situation...sigh...
DeleteWishing you a good Memorial Day and beautiful week ahead.
"BBQ's can only have 10 people; safe distancing is required and masks must be worn."
ReplyDeleteOn your own private property? I don't see how any of these new rules are legal.
yep...even on private property. They broke up a backyard party the other day, the drug house across the street. Yep. Their not legal, but the police and governor say otherwise.
DeleteGood Morning, Remembering my maternal grandfather today who lost his life in WWII. I am glad you found out more about the "mystery!" I wish you and yours a very nice day.
ReplyDeleteYou too Mildred.
DeleteNosy rosy … LOLOLOL! (Me, too.) Scratching my head about that year's old license plate … don't those things expire at regular intervals? Well, maybe not in Cuomo's little fantasy world.
ReplyDeleteUmm...yeah...that is another mystery...unless she keeps coming back here to renew? Who knows.
DeleteI'm glad you got that mystery solved, but it is very strange that her address of 20 years ago would show up for that license plate. You would think the plate would have a current address, after all, they want the tax from renewing it. Anyhow, I hope you have a lovely day!
ReplyDeleteunless she keeps coming back here to renew? I dont know. He didn't answer that one and I know our landlady isn't happy about it. Hope you do too. smiles
DeleteShe probably uses the address for nefarious purposes. Glad you got some resolution on the mystery anyway. No parades in Evil Butthead Murphy's Ugly Blue State. No nothing. No school is September either. These governors are extremely evil. I hope there isn't a power grab by the Federal gov either. I do believe in states rights, but not this unconstitutional prison lock down for nothing at all.
ReplyDeleteSing it sista!!! (that is my southern twang coming out)--totally agree. Cornell said no school until Oct. 5 or 10...so, that means, other colleges will follow. I highly doubt the public schools will start back here either.
DeleteI have a question??? Why bother to have a parade with guidelines like that!? It's all crazy, everything rule, every guideline, everywhere. I'm really tired of it. It's time to get back to living our lives freely and unhindered. Glad you got most of the mystery solved, because I am also a nosy-rosy I would have wanted to know what was going on! Hope you're enjoying the day!
ReplyDeleteTotally 100% agree, Mary!!!! smiles
DeleteI'm glad you got your mystery (sort of) solved. We are sweltering here. Tim took the boy next door to his house to play in the kiddie pool. I'm sitting in the air conditioning watching the little one sleep. I think I got the better deal.
ReplyDeleteOh its hotter than hades here too...suppose to be in the 90's this week. The window ac's are running and we are in for the night now. I think you got the better of the deal too, smiles.
DeleteHere in our town they posted a route on FB of the parade that will be going through the neighborhood, instead of a parade down main street. Which means if we want to go to it we have to either stay in our cars (not!) or stand in front of someone's house or on their lawn (again not!) I swear this whole year is going to be a bust! Anyway, hope you had a good weekend!
ReplyDeleteI swear, Jeanette, it makes no sense. C.O.N.T.R.O.L. At least Cuomo isn't as bad as yours...gee whilikers.
DeleteYes, indeed! Now more than ever. xoxox
ReplyDeleteCraziness! We escaped Michigan and took a small drive to Indiana where, believe it or not, you can go to a restaurant and shop. So we did, and we enjoyed it!
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. No parades here either, for Memorial Day or even for July 4th. Most events have already been cancelled. I now have two friends who have had or currently have COVID. Not fun. One friend told me it is the sickest she has ever been. Restrictions are not fun either, but it is out there, so stay safe and well.
ReplyDelete