* For the window ac's. As it has been darn right humid and hot, in May, in the Southern Tier of NY.
** Hopefully we will be entering Phase 2 on Friday; Barbershops and Beauty Salons, Boutiques, In store shopping will be open.
*** Mrs. Meyers came in (we use the products). They said it would take up to 6 months due to shortages. They also included a cute little note with it. Oh, I have learned to order directly from the company and not Amazon. For the record, the guys aren't happy about the Rose scented, usually I buy Lemon for the cleaning and Lavender to wash hands. I had to take what they had...which wasn't much.
**** For Salt Rising Bread. Our 85 year old landlady has had enough of "house arrest" and decided to go out to Max's in Fillmore. She asked me what would I like for her to bring back...Salt Rising Bread.
Thank you very much. I think its owned by Mennonites or the Amish. I am not sure. Nonetheless, their baked goods are awesome.
***** Thankful for some common sense these days; Patience to which is in short supply (on my part).




It's been hot and humid here the last 4 days. Like July weather in May! I hate humidity and what it does to my hair! Speaking of hair, salons here won't be opening for another few weeks! gah!! I usually can find Amish baked goods up north or at the Eastern Marked in downtown Detroit! They are awesome! Have a good day, buddy!
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. It is warming up here today. I think the AC will be going on today for sure. I love Amish cooking and baked goods. I will have to try that Mrs. Meyer's stuff. I see it on shelves here from time to time. Hope you have a good weekend!
ReplyDeleteMy youngest daughter uses the Meyer's products too. I need to give them a try. Well, If i can get them! Hugs and blessings, Cindy
ReplyDeleteIt’s very hot and humid here in southwest Ohio too. But at least the rain is starting to let up. We’ve had several days now of blue skies. Things are beginning to open up here too. Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteYes, even in the 'times' so much to be thankful for!
ReplyDeleteFinally got some rain here, thankful!
xoxo
LOVE LOVE LOVE Mrs. Meyers!I am currently using the discounted Holiday Scents! So my house smells like Christmas! Have a cozy day up there. Cloudy and humid here.
ReplyDeleteI've not heard of salt-rising bread, Linda. Is there a considerable difference in taste? I've not tried Mrs. Myers, but the lemon-scent cleaner sounds wonderful. Perhaps not as heavy as those popular scentsy warmer things.
ReplyDeleteSalt rising bread? Never have heard of it. If I ever see any, I will purchase it out of pure curiosity. Still hanging in without AC. I see we are expecting a 20° drop in temp soon. Phew!
ReplyDeleteWe don't get to do haircuts in phase 2 (or yellow as we're calling it). That comes in the green phase and we are not among the counties Wolf says are going green tomorrow. :(
ReplyDeleteYour comment about the men and the rose scent made me laugh. I do love lemon myself and I am sensitive to many scents. At least you got your products. Never heard of salt bread. We were in the 90's yesterday but down in the 80's today and no humidity.
ReplyDeleteI think I'll side with The Guys and the Rose scented anything. Not so much. *grin* Much prefer Lemon or Orange or Vinegar for cleaning. Any other smell turns my stomach. By the way, I've had the habit of putting fresh squeezed lemons down the sink. Makes everything smell so nice and clean.
ReplyDeleteIt's suddenly VERY hot and humid here. Not complaining, though. The humidity is good 'cause that means it can rain. Would never say "No" to that! Not any more. After last year's devastating drought, that cured me of that mindset of "no humidity please". Let's have humidity PLEASE! *lol* (Fickle, ain't I?!)
You're gonna feel sooooo good after getting a haircut. Bet you can't wait!
Love & Prayers
I love Mrs. Meyers' products. I finally had my hair cut yesterday after all these weeks and it felt GREAT! Hot and humid here and temps in the 80's. I miss living near a Mennonite bakery that we once frequented; I loved everything the baked!
ReplyDeleteWell, I must live in another universe cause I dont know Mrs. Meyers products or salt rising bread! Will have to look into both.
ReplyDeleteI like Mrs Meyers products too. I've not heard of salt rising bread though. I'll have to look for more info on that.
ReplyDeleteIn this heat, fresh bread that you didn't have to bake, win/win! Rose scents remind me of my mother, also lilacs. I prefer lavender or lemon though.
ReplyDeleteI know I read this last night, but I guess I didn't comment yet. I was enjoying the salt rising bread idea. Sounds delicious. I have used Mrs. Meyer's products. Are they really good for cleaning, etc.? Maybe I will have to try them. I saw your post on FB last night that the Phase 2 apparently isn't happening yet after all. I am so sorry. I often wish that God would just step down and say, "ENOUGH!" and stop all this craziness. But we are learning something about patience and trust and perseverance in this situation I guess. Praying for an end in sight soon, Lord. (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteThat should have said, "I haven't used Mrs. Meyer's products." I should learn to proofread before hitting publish! LOL.
Delete