Friday, May 8, 2020

Friday Fotos

Joining in with Debbie and friends for the Friday Foto(s). The other day we noticed the beams were being delivered. Our bridge that goes into Main Street was demolished on March 8, the same day as the NY Pause went into affect.



So, off we went. You know, because I am so nosy.


They were lined up on State Street behind us.


Huge beams. Never really gave it a thought on how big they were until then.


 That would be my husband and the dog photo bombing my crane photo, LOL.


And I decided not to get any closer (unlike the husband and dog) and kept on walking home. One of my favorite houses. On the side, it has another entrance like the front of the house does. 


Wouldn't know, these days are running together. 

14 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the pictures and I am like you....not sure what day of the week it is any more...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the State rebuilt the bridge near us on Tyre Bridge Road, I was amazed at how large those steel beams are. They took up the whole road getting to the site. It was awesome watching them work (from a short distance). The bridge is nice now. It looks so pretty. Now if they'd just resurface the road ... yeah, like that's gonna happen anytime soon! (NOT!) *lol*
    Hope your Friday is nice, in spite of the circumstances.
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, they are all just known as "Day" now. On a happier note, there is a rumor out there that our county will be announced today as part of the next wave to move to yellow next Friday. Could it be???

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's come to this!! :) whatever it takes to get through the day I say..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a neat looking house. I see why it's your favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see those guys are still working. It amazes me how these things get built.

    Happy Friday! We seem to be having a lot of them or is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember standing on a street watching the planned demolition of a small skyscraper in our city many years ago. The charges were set to implode, and implode it did. Fascinating!
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Mother's Day, sweet friend.
    Are you getting snow???

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had just finished our walk in Binghamton today when about six City trucks rolled up all ready to do some kind of construction. We got right out of there but maybe we should have stayed. Wondering what they were up to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, those windows .....I NEED to see inside that yellow house! Think you can make that happen? (LOL) That would be cool, seeing those huge beams sticking out like sore thumbs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting to see those huge beams! I love that house!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those beams are huge! Interesting house, and it also looks huge!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Takes big beams for bridges thats for sure. I like that house.it has such great details.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was very interesting. I would be out there watching and taking pictures too. Can't stay home when history is in the making...as you should know, history person!! LOL. I do love that house also...very interesting looks...now I want to go inside. Do you think you could wrangle an invitation? LOL. Have a blessed and beautiful weekend. It IS the weekend, right???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)