Saturday, May 16, 2020

Commencement Day and Saturday 9

Happy Commencement Day! Albeit, it will be a short Zoom Online Commencement at 1pm due to the fact that NY is still on "Pause". I did receive an A for the final project/paper for the Directed Study; Ratification of the 19th Amendment of Local History and a nomination of an award for Best Paper. 


Onward to the Saturday 9.


1) In this song, Lady Gaga sings about the Arizona sky and California gold. Have you visited many of our western states?

Yes, exception of Colorado, Montana, Utah.

2) She sings that she's overwhelmed and can't find the words to express herself. Do you find it easier to share your feelings verbally or in writing?

Depending on the situation.

3) Her real name is Stefani Germanotta. She took her stage name from the Queen song, Radio Gaga. Do you have a favorite Queen song?


4) Her dad is Joe Germanotta, president of GuestWifi, a company that enables hotels and restaurants to offer high-speed wifi to their customers. Do you consider yourself tech savvy?

Yes, self taught, same with my son. Ask me at 1 though, I haven't a clue about Zoom, lol.

5) Early in her career, Lady Gaga performed songs for a children's audio book called The Portal in the Park. Tell us about the last book you finished -- did you listen to an audiobook, or read a download to an electronic device or a bound book with pages?

Real Book. Fatal Roots by Sheila Connolly
 
6) She prefers dogs to cats and tea to coffee. Do you agree with her?

Big dogs, coffee and sweetttttttt tea

7) Back in 2015, she appeared at the Academy Awards, performing a medley to celebrate the 50th anniversary of The Sound of Music. The movie's star, Julie Andrews, graciously came onstage to thank Gaga for her showstopping performance. Whom did you most recently thank?

My husband and son for the graduation presents and for sticking with me all these tough years with school.

8) In 2018, when this song was first released, retailer Toys R Us closed all its stores and went out of business. What's the last toy you purchased?

Hmm...gosh like 20 some years ago when my son was little.

9) Random question: How has social media made your life better?

We spent 20 years or so without cable or internet while living in Alabama due to living out on the farm. There are times I long for those days, but, I really can't imagine living without it now.




18 comments:

  1. Do dog toys count? We buy those ALL the time! The first thing the JRT's and Maggie the rescue do is seek out and destroy all the squeakers. *lol* It's really fun to watch.
    Good news about living in the country and having internet: unless it's AT&T (they suck lemons and care zip for their customers), most phone companies now offer DSL. We've had it for years. I have a website I use to locate areas that do or don't offer it called Broadband Now: https://broadbandnow.com/
    One thing, though, gotta know the zip code of the area / property. It works though! Super cool.
    Congrats again on the graduation! Very proud of you!
    Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, dog toys count, LOL. Thanks Sparky.

      Delete
  2. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐ŸŽ“๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ“

    Congratulations, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on graduation, the A on your paper and on being nominated for best paper award!! You made it, Linda!! Hugs across the miles, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri! Nominated, didn't win, that's ok. It's all good. Keeping you in prayer.

      Delete
  4. Happy Graduation day and Congratulations on your long journey!!!! I know sometimes it seems like it would never end, but here you are!
    Zoom is super easy, you would figure it out real fast! We use it for work. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Did you receive a Master's? What kind of job will you look for? I love your new background! I went to the beach yesterday and posted pictures at my blog. I haven't used Zoom yet but I did get an account. My grandkids are going to show me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Linda! … I'm so happy for you!
    While I've participated in a couple Zoom (church) meetings, I'm not wild about it. And hardly a technical type -- the first time I tried Zoom I had my camera upside down, much to the amusement of Pastor Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Warm congratulations, Linda, on this achievement. You have done so well! Many blessings as you step up to the next phase. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐ŸŽ“

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! It feels good doesn't it? I'm sorry you couldn't have a real commencement ceremony though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo, graduation day! Congratulations! I remember living out in the country with no cable (there wasn't any internet anywhere yet). We'd get so desperate we'd watch the Farm Report in the mornings. LOL I hope you're celebrating your socks off in some way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very proud of you! You made it! God brought you through it all the way to victory! And I love the gifts your family gave you. Really special. Now we will pray for the next event as God leads you!!! But just relax for a spell and celebrate!!! You made it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hooray on the graduation! And the nomination for best paper. None of this surprises me. I'm so proud of you! I'm just sorry you didn't get the whole big hoopla for graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on graduation Linda. If anybody I know deserves it, you do. You worked hard and it has paid off. Now, go forward and get the job of your choice and be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your graduation! Job well done! May the Lord lead you, now, into a fulfilling job!

    If you ever get a chance to go to Montana, do. It's beautiful. My parents moved there when I was in high school and they still live there, so I find myself in the Big Sky often.

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations and well done on your final paper. Hope you managed to work Zoom ok!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)