Taking a page from fellow Blogger Terri...Weekend Recap.
-Got the container garden planted (tomatos, herbs, peppers, lettuce, potatoes)
-Zoom Commencement was Saturday. It was nice to know that folks who I thought didn't know who I was, knew. Nice emails.
-Typing/Working on a Resume
-Made Goulash yesterday for dinner
-Going to take this week and research for jobs, places to live, states etc.
((according to my husband, Tennessee sold their souls to China when they had a democratic governor and are in hock to China))
- my brother in-law is encouraging me to take the Civil Service Exam (can't NY is still closed) to join the Government workforce as they are hiring for Historians/ Administration.
-Honestly, I have no idea what direction -IF any direction I am going. After spending the last nearly 5 years in school, I am sort of lost right now with free time.



Congratulations on your graduation!
ReplyDeleteI haven't heard that about Tennessee. Might wanna check the sources on that one. Every State has something that's crooked or despicable or "I wish I could change 'that' but ...". One must weight what's important to you with what one can overlook or live with. Hope the job market opens up soon for all of our sakes. People need to get back to making things and being consumers. It's good for the economy. I just keep praying for God's mercy ...
ReplyDeleteCongrats on graduating and good luck on the job search!
Love & Prayers
Is it going to work out that you'll be able to leave NY? I know how much you want to. Praying that works out. I'm not planting my garden plants until this weekend. I don't trust Mother Nature, not one bit. lol You'll find your direction soon enough. Maybe this is just a natural break and down time for you. Enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteYep... best place with job security is the government... :)
ReplyDeleteThat's a big decision! Hopefully you find wonderful job in a beautiful state!
ReplyDeleteBig decisions...I'd lay them all at The Lord's feet. He will lead and guide. But, oh, if you could just enjoy the Freedom for a bit. 🍦🎈
ReplyDeleteI don't blame you one bit for feeling a little lost. After 5 years, coming out in the sunlight to find the world you remembered no longer exists. Don't rush anything, OK?
ReplyDeleteOne step at a time...do your research and put out inquiries. And then pray and trust God to lead you each step of the way. (Wait...out of order...PRAY first...then do the rest!!) God has a plan for your life, and it is a good one...so seek His face and He will guide you. Sometimes He has surprises in store that we never even dreamed of...so be open to new adventures because there's one out there with your name on it!! Meanwhile, enjoy your time off. You've been working VERY hard and deserve a break!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see where the future takes you!
Civil Service would be awesome, Linda. So many benefits, and with your knowledge I bet you'd find a place to work! Y'all move on back down here to FL; we've got two bases. After my dad retired from the Navy after 23 years, he worked Civil Service for l7.
ReplyDeleteI haven't had goulash in many, many years. In fact, I'd forgotten about it. Maybe soon. :)
Take care, and God bless y'all.
xoxo
Congratulations again and again, Linda!! I know your guys are so proud of you (me too!)!! Good luck with your new home and new job searches. Don't give up on Florida!! The panhandle even gets snow now and then!!
ReplyDeleteI know Goad has the perfect thing and place planned for you!
ReplyDeleteI must say that Historian sounds like something you would be good at!
Governor Lee is a Republican here in Tennessee as I voted for the guy.....dont know where that Democractic gov. is! good luck finding just the perfect job as I know you will be good at anything you do.
ReplyDeleteTake things easy, and things will fall into place as you look around.
ReplyDeleteNJ is too expensive. I hope you get a chance to work in some kind of history job. prayers for you.
Congrats dear friend! You have worked so hard and I am happy for you. May the Lord bless you as you seek His will. Mildred
ReplyDeleteCongratulations and enjoy having a bit of free time. Hopefully the right path will become known to you. Good luck with your search.
ReplyDelete