Monday, May 4, 2020

Front Porch and Ramblings

Well, the front porch got done, the steps still need to be done.


 It looks gray doesn't it? I can assure you it is not. It is a cross between a brown and a green.


I told hubby I am not going to worry about repainting. I am just going to leave it the periwinkle color, although in the photo it looks blue, again, I can you assure its not.


Our good friend Rick came by yesterday to show my hubby how to use the outdoor pizza oven. He is 100% Italian and that man can cook...although he is quite scary looking as he looks like Al Capone, LOLOL. Just kidding, no, but he does look like him. ((grin))


Excellent impromptu picnic and no social distancing. Rick, like my husband is a Marine and share the same political viewpoints. It was a nice visit. Unfort. like the rest of us he has been laid off due to the shutdown. Apparently, being a purchasing agent for a state contact employer is non essential. Hmm...


Back to the front porch. So, we were sitting out here enjoying the late afternoon warmth (72*!!!) when our neighbors from across the street came out. Listen, I have just about had enough of this "poohy" of government and local government on wonderful it is they are keeping us safe by keeping this shut down going. Listen, you don't want to go out and about, fine. That is your business. But let's get back to reality; folks are going to start loosing their homes, food is scarce, utilities are going to be cut off etc. At some point in time, we have to get back to reality. The 90 day mortarium on not paying rent, mortgage, utilities and such is ending on May 15. Oh and ones unemployment benefits will run out on July 31. Our neighbor across the street, "I dont know why we need all these boutiques and shops downtown anyway!" WOW. Excuse me...its called the American Dream. Just wondering about folks at times.


 So, that's my reality check. EVERYONE is essential! EVERY JOB is essential. Honor and integrity on holding/having a job is ESSENTIAL for ones wellbeing.
 Have a great day folks.

12 comments:

  1. I'm waiting to see how the rollback on restrictions goes here. Wolf said it depended on how we do with social distancing. Tim said every (newly opened) golf course he saw on Friday and Saturday was packed...no social distancing even possible. The norther tier of the state is set to open this Friday with the exception of the eastern portion since our whole eastern region is akin to NY. No word on when the rest can start opening things yet. Since our numbers seem to take a big jump every couple of days...watch it be a couple of more weeks for us, at least. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people do not understand the concept of freedom. They'd stay happily stuck in their homes while everything disintegrates around them. You are right, this can not go on. Sending a behind the scenes email of a vid that made me bawl. Never thought I'd see this in America.

    Your porch~deck looks very nice and that pizza...ohhh wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a shame all the damage that has been done already by this shut down. I'm in Michigan so we have our lovely tyrant...oops I mean governor to deal with! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the porch and I think I would so enjoy sitting there and talking with you and eating that delicious looking pizza. Have a great day Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shaking my head over here … at the tricks my eyes are playing. Even when I enlarge your photos, I'd swear on a stack of Bibles that's a gray flooring.
    Not that I believe what the media's saying, but last evening's news coverage of crowds on beaches, etc. is disappointing. Hope I'm wrong, but suspect those rogue young people are going to go and ruin it for the rest of us who want to go out and about in a responsible manner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your porch looks great, no matter WHAT color it is. The bench looks great with it too...and it was a "gift" to you to have that new floor...so enjoy it every way you can. Glad you were able to have some fun and good food with a friend. Love that pizza oven idea. Sorry your neighbor is such a patoot. There's got to be one in every crowd. God bless America...The Land of the FREE and the home of the BRAVE!! Let's not forget that we are meant to be free and brave in this country. Not fearful and controlled by tyrants. God bless America!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Porch looks good just as is.
    My daughter was visiting her friend and they got turned in for a "gathering". Cop came, found out it was 3 people, turned around, embarrassed and upset at having to deal with it and left. But now we see what Nazi collaborators were like. These are the same people who turned in Anne Frank.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely porch. I'm jealous. We priced that composite stuff and backed off on doing our two back decks. $$Pricey$$ is an understatement. *grin*
    I had to go to Wally World this morning to pick up something that I can't get from another store. They're still making people go in one direction and only through a small area (like, germs only go in one direction?!). I plowed through it and over the "Caution" tape then shot a look at the masked employee, like "if you talk to me I'll take ya out!" They left me alone. Nothing like a hint of violence to get people to back off and remember we're still in America. *wink* I got out quicker too.
    Love ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok. The porch AND the pizza?!?!
    Totally jealous!!!!!!!!
    Snow coming soon??

    ReplyDelete
  10. The porch looks great just as it is and as for the pizza - I would be making that at least twice a week!! Yum! I agree with you, as you know! Stores and restaurants were allowed to open today. I had appointments all day so we didn't venture out yet but I imagine we will before the end of the week. I get funny looks when I don't wear a mask, but how does it help when you are in wide-open spaces? I don't get it. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your porch and the outdoor pizza oven -- both look great. You are making the best of a trying situation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! The neighbor is something!
    Loe the porch and the pizza looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)