Hey! Joining in with the Tuesday Meme.
1. Are you an impulse buyer or do you weigh the value/cost/ necessity before you buy?
Sometimes I am an impulse buyer. I do weigh the value/cost/necessity of an item. One thing I will never buy cheap is makeup or skin care items. I use Clinique for my skin care regime-which I buy online directly from Clinique. It is costly, but a little goes a long way.
2. What do you really resent having to pay for?
Cable tv/internet.
3. Do you have favorite brands of household cleaners, detergents, soaps? Can you tell us why you like them? Maybe you will give us better ideas.
I buy Mrs. Meyers for hand soap and cleaners. I also buy Tide for laundry detergent and Softner-I have sensitive skin, and Tide doesn't cause my allergies to flare up. I also use Dawn to wash the dishes with (we dont have a dishwasher). I also use Dove or Yardley for regular bath soap--can you believe I am allergic to Ivory.
4. What is a typical day of housekeeping for you?
Friday evenings, just like my mom use too do. Dusting-start at the top and work your way down, clean the floors, and mirrors. Ok, truth be told, it's not every Friday. Who has time for all that?



I’m with Phyllis....
ReplyDeleteI so loved her as a child...her wit was so funny.
DeleteHa! It sounds like we are in agreement with Phyllis. I used to be on the cleaning all the time, but as I've gotten older I've relaxed and realized a little dust on things, a dirty dish in the sink, an basket of clothes sitting in the bedroom...none of it is going to kill anyone. If there's something else to do, I do the something else. My kids and grandkids won't remember that the house was clean, they'll remember I had time for them.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day, Linda!
Totally agree...there is more to life than cleaning, just saying,LOL.
DeleteI don't clean like I once did. Can't, really, from all the surgeries, but I, too, have relaxed my standards. If people don't visit to see me and only the house, they'll be disappointed. I can live with that.
ReplyDeleteLove ~:)
Yep, agree. waving to Steve.
DeleteGreat tip about the Clinique. Wish I'd practiced better skincare early on; at least I can serve as a bad example. LOL!
ReplyDeleteMe too Myra. My sister in love who is German and has great taste (wink) turned me onto Clinique. Never looked back, smiles.
DeleteI also love the Clinique cleansing gel!!! It is fantastic and lasts me forever!! So worth the cost! I am now following you from Tuesday 4 Meme!!! You can follow back if you wish at Annster's Domain
ReplyDeleteI am now following...apparently, I have been, giggling...only oddly enough, when I started this new blog it never showed up. sigh.
DeleteI used to clean in stages, first the downstairs next day the upstairs and then the basement bedroom whenever it needed it. Now I can pretty much do it all in one day and get it over with! One of the upsides of our downsizing from a 2300 sq foot colonial to a 1700 sq foot ranch!
ReplyDeleteOh wow...what a big move, huh? smiles. See, here, I am wanting a bigger house, lol. Have a great day friend.
DeleteWe use a lot of the same brands that you do in your answer #3.
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed all your answers. Have a great day.
You too Gloria, smiles.
DeleteMy mother was terribly allergic to Ivory soap. I sure do like that gal’s cheerful yellow kitchen.
ReplyDeleteLOL Ivory soap is the only one I can use - any other breaks my skin out! I do use Tide tho and bounce fabric sheets. Clean my house - hmmmm, when it needs it but certainly not every day; maybe twice a week. With just me here now, it doesnt get all that dirty.
ReplyDeleteI love to clean the house and the accomplished feeling I get from keeping the house and garden nice and neat. I have a Mrs Meyers hand soap in the bathroom but also I made up a container full of Dr.Bronners Peppermint soap and a bar of Kirks too. Something for everyone. Can't afford clinique. Got some samples of Clinique of their stuff when I bought MIss Dior for my daughter's birthday but I won't buy it. Thanks for joining in.
ReplyDeleteI like that Phyllis saying. She was a funny lady. I have sensitive skin too and make a lot of my own things with essential oil and coconut and almond oil. The house clean and tidy but not perfect. I want to enjoy life and sometimes things have to wait!
ReplyDeleteI am also a Clinique girl. I even tried other good brands for different things and went back to Clinique for many things. It is a good brand. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.
ReplyDeletehttp://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Ha - love that last clip!
ReplyDeleteI use Tide and Mrs Meyer too.
Have a great week Linda..
ReplyDeleteNow that I only have four kids left at home, I don't mind cleaning as much. It stays cleaner longer. I mean, for 20+ years, it was a total exercise in futility, but I did it anyways. I do not like sticky, so the kids HAD to eat only at the table, and were washed before they got down. But the toys and the shoes, boots, jackets, backpacks, personal items of so many when there were 18 of us living here, it was overwhelming to keep order! We had a permanent clothes mountain in the laundry room doorway, and the clean clothes pile on the couch, aka the Couch Monster. Anyway, I love Tide too, although I usually buy Wegmans brand. I like Gain dishwashing liquid, smells yummy. :)
ReplyDeleteI used Tide and Mrs. Meyers, too. Hope your week is goign well. Blessings! :)
ReplyDelete