'Politicking' on a Sunday...so, our sweet landlady knocked on the door a few times yesterday...one time for a spider, the other for her carbon monoxide alarm, and the last time to invite us for breakfast. I suspect the latter was the real reason.
She is retiring in April after 60 years working at the Elks Club/Lodge (she is the full time treasurer). She is madder than a wet hen as the state of NY is making the Lodge go 'digital' and she is refusing to learn the computer.
I kinda' did this backwards (taking photos). She said, "Since you are going to be needing a job soon, you might as meet and greet folks." So off we went. Ok, then...I didn't get photos of folks...just inside of the building.
The building was built in 1912 and my husbands grandparents were members. Feeling the need to just stay put and put down more roots. If that makes any sense.
Breakfast was very good; eggs, sausage, pancakes, potatoes (staple in a northern breakfast, I gather), fresh fruit. The boy wonder (son) and I had a Mimosa and hubby had a Bloody Mary (eww.)
All in all, a very good and productive morning.






Sounds like a great breakfast.
ReplyDeleteDon’t forget, tomorrow is Music Monday. You get to choose your own theme this week.
Hmm...gotta think what music, LOL.
DeleteA good way to start the day. I love old buildings and the history they hold, always so interesting.
ReplyDeleteMe too, Mary. Oh if those walls could talk, smiles
DeleteWhat a beautiful old building and it has a tie to your own family history. Glad you got to enjoy breakfast there. Have a good Sunday.
ReplyDeleteOh, I am finding out things about my husbands family...some good and some not...its ok. smiles
DeleteWhat a beautiful building! Your breakfast sounds wonderful.
ReplyDeleteThanks...and it was. smiles
DeleteThe building looks great. I was up and out early today and got to a 10:00am Weight Watchers. I also got in most of my walking goal for today and will go out again this afternoon. Feeling very accomplished. Now it's blog visits. :)
ReplyDeleteI was going to get and take a walk...its nearly 50*!!!! 50, in February!! In western NY! LOL
DeleteGreat breakfast it sounds like... I always enjoyed our Church dinners... :)
ReplyDeleteIt was...if those walls could talk, smiles.
DeleteSounds like a good morning, but I'm with you-- a bloody Mary? Bleeahh!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree...I'm like, how can you drink that stuff? He goes, "How can you drink Champagne and OJ mixed? LOL Ok then. smiles
DeleteA good breakfast is a great way to start the day! I had a mimosa yesterday at a ladies brunch I was invited to. Good stuff!! :) Have a good week ahead, Linda!
ReplyDeleteIt is good stuff. Have a great week, friend.
DeleteHow I love olden buildings! 'Was just telling Terri, my favorite meal's morphed from steak/salmon to breakfast -- all the buttery, fried works, please. (Oh, and loaded grits, too.)
ReplyDeleteYUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM loaded grits. Do you know every once in awhile I can find loaded instant grits. Gosh, I love that stuff, grin.
DeleteWhat fun! A good breakfast and an old building - perfect!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a nice day to me. We used to go for breakfast (my mom, my aunt and my kids and me) to Elks lodge for pancake breakfasts once a month . I like that building a lot. Its part of what makes small town America so wonderful I think.
ReplyDelete