Saturday, February 15, 2020

Saturday 9

Joining in with the Saturday 9. Enjoy!



In honor of Valentine's Day. Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
 
1) The lyrics talk about a song that's so romantic it "turns out the lights." Are the lights on in the room you're in right now?
Yep



2) In the video, our heroine's Valentine's Day adventure begins with a note slipped into her pocket. What's in your pocket right now?

Umm...still in pj's. No pockets.

3) This week's band, We the Kings, are proud sons of the state of Florida. Bradenton, to be exact. They even called one of their CDs Sunshine State of Mind. Have you ever been to Florida? If so, where have you visited?

I grew up in Ocala and lived in Vero Beach for 2 years. Been to Orlando, Tallahasee, St. Augustine, Miami, Tampa, Clearwater, Sanibel Island, Keys, Sarasota. So many places.

4) Lead singer Travis Clark has a pierced lip but doesn't always wear a lip ring. Do you have any piercings? If yes, are you wearing jewelry in your piercing(s) right now? 

2 in each ear.

5) The band's name comes from a cheer they did when they attended Martha B. King High School. Have you attended your high school reunion?

Nope and never will. Why pretend?

6) Hearts are the symbol of Valentine's Day, so here's a little heart trivia: whales have largest heart of any animal. When we say a person is "big hearted," it means we think of them as generous. Think about the people in your life. Who would you describe as big hearted?

My husband and son. Would give the shirts off their backs.

7) It's estimated that 9 million people buy Valentine's Day presents for their dogs and cats. Have you ever purchased a holiday gift for a pet?

Just at Christmas.

8) Valentines to teachers are also big sellers. Did you ever have a crush on one of your instructors?

Nope


9) With the popularity of e-cards, fewer Valentine messages are sent via the USPS. What's the most recent thing you dropped into a mailbox?


A letter to NY state requesting my mother in-laws adoption and pre adoption birth certificate.


9 comments:

  1. I like your answers. Of course we buy gifts for our cats and dogs. They’re family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers, from one "Florida gal" to another who used to be!! I was born in PA, but moved to FLorida at age 6. Went to school in Tavares all 12 years. Graduated with 50 classmates. I've attended every one of our reunions, every 10 years. We had our 50th last year. We were a very close group, but now I only stay in touch with a few on Facebook. That's the way life is. The last thing I mailed was valentines to my daughter in law and grandson in Maine. I mailed them too late to get on time, but hopefully they will get them today or Tuesday, since Monday is a holiday! It's the thought that counts, right? They aren't expecting them, so it will be a surprise no matter when they get them. Loved seeing your Valentine's card from your hubby. I think that is hilarious. I may have actually given my hubby one like that one time. yes, I admit it. LOL. That's the secret to staying married for 50+ years. LOL. have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun answers! I do enjoy getting to know you better, Linda. HAve a good Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your lamp! That would look so nice in my house too. Hee, hee
    I feel the same about reunions! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your response to #5. Who needs all that posturing?
    I've become so lazy about wearing earrings I hope my pierce-holes won't grow back together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers! I can relate to a lot of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't recall the song.... and I don't think I missed anything! How a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun questions again this week. Love your background, Linda! Happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your answer to the reunion question! I feel the same, though back when I (and the majority of my classmates) first got on Facebook someone decided to organize our 30 year reunion and I let myself get nagged into going to at least one night of it. First and last time. 365 in the class and they got maybe 40 people and half of that was spouses.

    I'm off to watch Colombo. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)