I forgot about posting earlier. I am stealing a page from Stacy's blog. Hope she doesn't mind, smiles.
Currently
Outside my Window... Can you believe it was a glorious 48* and sunny Monday? Yep, in Western NY, in February. No worries, the snow and rain and cold temps will be back tomorrow-this week.
I'm Thinking... Many things going through my mind...one of them being my husbands aunts viewing at the funeral home is tomorrow afternoon. Plus, got my mother in-laws new tax assessment in for 2020; city, county, school taxes have gone up a total of $710, a 100% increase in ones home value. That means their taxes go up to nearly (after all it is said and done) $2700 a year. Yeah, we refigured it out.
I'm Reading...well, not reading (I guess you could call it reading, lol), but researching for my project on the Ratification of the 19th Amendment of Local History.
I am Watching...a cute show called Restored with Brett Waterman. He goes around and restores old houses, love this show.
I am Thankful...for my hair girl can fit me in sometime Thursday. Looking a little shaggy d.a.
I am Wearing...Wrangler straight leg blue jeans, purple Henley pull over, green 3 button sweater, socks.
I am Celebrating...hmm...the Chiefs winning? The end of impeachment soon? Sanity? I dunno, grin.
I'm Listening to...the TV program and my husband talk about the impeachment hearings.
I am Creating...just working on my final paper for the Ratification of the 19th Amendment of Local History.
I am Feeling...have a slight headache over this tax issue...how in the world can folks live on a fixed income afford this increase?
I am Hoping...for common sense to prevail with the democrats and the stupidity of this impeachment.
In the Kitchen...We went grocery shopping and it doesn't look like the can and paper goods won't get put away by themselves, LOL.
I am Grateful...for common sense? The ability to see things 360? I dunno. Being silly, grin. The ability to go get a new stove. Our oven up and died...no more "gadgets" I am so tired of the digital stuff...back to plain jane gas stove.
A Quote to Share...


OMG you said the S word. You can keep that white stuff in western NY, thankyouverymuch.
ReplyDeleteLOLOLOLOLOL--Whaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttt….wait, sugar snap snapdragon? LOLOLOL---Just teasing...yeah, I know...sigh...the gosh awful word. LOLOL
DeleteYou have a lot on your mind. Is your husband’s step-father a vet? Many towns offer relief on taxes to vets. Some towns offer relief to senior citizens.
ReplyDeleteI was listening to Rush today. Such sad news in his closing comments. Saying a prayer.
We made it into the low 60's today. It was glorious!
ReplyDeleteEgads, on the taxes. I don't know what they are thinking at any level of government. Everyone wants their piece of the pie, but it keeps getting bigger and the chunk we get to keep is getting smaller and smaller. We have to have federal taxes taken out at the higher married-filing single rate, put money into a 401K and Tim still has an extra $150 taken out of every pay...just to not owe! The state taxes aren't too bad, but the local ones are getting ridiculous. They just voted to raise our property taxes. Can't wait to see how that translates in $$. They're going to make it so people can't own a home one of these days.
Bright spot...it does sound as if there won't be enough votes to get the impeachment. Dark spot...the dems are already promising MORE investigations if it doesn't pass. Stop spending our money on that crud, already, and do something that benefits the people you're supposed to represent. Grrr!
Okay, I'm climbing off my soapbox...politics...I shouldn't get started.
Have a blessed evening!
Oh, I hope you love your new "plain Jane" gas stove. That is what we have here in this house. I've never had a gas stove before, so everything is new to me. No bells or whistles on this thing either...no clock, timer, it isn't even self-cleaning! No light in the oven other than the pilot light. But I am learning to enjoy it and am glad to have it. Sometimes simple is best after all. I am sorry about those taxes going up. That doesn't seem right at all. Hope there is a mistake somewhere. Do they get Homestead Exemption there? I am praying for you and your family with the passing of your husband's Aunt. I know how hard these times can be. Praying all goes well. Oh, I love "Restored" with Brett Waterman. I just wish they'd have some new ones. I don't think there's been a new season yet, has there? I like him and I like Good Bones, but I don't think they have a new season yet either. Love Maine Cabin Masters and Hometown. Those are my two favorites. Have a wonderful week. God bless you. Stay warm.
ReplyDeleteSnow does make everything look clean (but you can have it!!). (wink) Good to catch up with you today!
ReplyDeleteHigh property taxes - Isn't New York famous for those? Our property taxes are less than half that much. Glad you were able to get a new stove. I'm with you as far as simplicity on appliances. Fun answers in this post. Have a good day. See you tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteIt is one of the advantages of Florida that I enjoyed. and appreciated. The Homestead exemption that helped keep seniors in their homes... after all, we don't have kids going to schools.
ReplyDeleteI love that snow meme soooo much! SMH about the insane tax valuation. What, is someone planning to fund a Taj Mahal (school with normal folks' taxes? Inmates are running the asylum.
ReplyDelete