Joining in with the Tuesday Meme, for which I really do look forward too. For the record, I am a girly girl and proud of it, lol.
1. What brand of shampoo do you think works best for you and what does it do for you?
On the advice of my new stylist...and I love it!
Sulfate and Paraben Free. Since I have thin hair, this really thickens it up and still leaves it soft.
2. Do you have a favorite brand and shade of lipstick and blush?
Clinique Love Pop
Covergirl Brick Rose, only because I can't find a shade of Clinique I like.
3. Is soap your favorite for face washing or do you use other products?
Mild Clinique facial soap for me and the Clarifying Lotion.
Umm...Houston, this chick has a serious addiction/problem to all things makeup and perfumes. Clinique Happy is my go to for a light perfume. If I want something heavy or sexy then Shalimar, Obession, Opium, Chloe or Oscar De la Renta will get used. I am sure I have forgotten the rest. I am saving up for Chanel #5.
If you don't wear perfumes, is there a scent that you love in general?
I love perfumes. Unfort. I can not wear the cheap kind and the French perfumes work very well for me. My husband said its because I am s-p-o-i-l-e-d and high dollar, whatever. I also love the Bath and Body splashes like Cucumber and Japanese Oriental (whatever it is called).
Thanks Annie! That was fun!







Oscar de la Renta.... mmmmm I haven't smelled that in a very long time! That was the first perfume the hubs bought me almost 30 yrs ago. I used to have a lot of perfume.. but now I am hooked on Bath and Body Works Champagne Toast scent. Have a great Tuesday!
ReplyDeleteChampagne Toast sounds interesting, smiles. Have a great Tuesday!
DeleteI have pretty thin and baby fine hair as well. Maybe I will consider that shampoo. I had a stylist recommend some stuff that was $30 a bottle, which is way more than i want to pay. This gives me an idea, so I will look into the stuff you like. I don't wear perfume much. I do like Bath and Body Works stuff - all of it. They have some great scents. Have a great Tuesday!
ReplyDeleteI can't afford expensive stuff, Hask is like $6-7. That's expensive enough, lol. Have a great day, Deb!
DeleteMany years ago... Bird of Paradise... LOL. one of my first...
ReplyDeleteMy mil use to have a perfume called Mimosa. I have no idea about Bird of Paradise, sounds interesting though, smiles. Have a great day Bunk.
DeleteI've never smelled Happy, but those others are way too heavy for me. I used to love perfumes, but they kill me these days. I have to pull my head under the covers in the morning when Tim sprays his cologne.
ReplyDeleteThis was an interesting one to see what we all do. Enjoyed finding out that you're a girly girl. lol Have a great day!
Yeah, I'm a girly girl, LOL. The guys (husband and son) are the real reason, as they are manly men. lol
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI've recently discovered Clinique eyeliner and I love it! A bit more pricey than I normally like to spend on make-up but it lasts all day and by the time I'm ready to take it off at night I really hate to because it still looks so good! I wear Exclamation! perfume almost exclusively! I have for decades and it's the only perfume I wear that doesn't smell like a barnyard on me!
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed your answers.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tip about Biotin Boost hair products … I just added that to my ULTA shopping list! My new eyeglasses are really interfering with my ability to apply make-up (*growl*) … but then, I've backed off a bunch since I retired. Gosh, I've not worn my favorite Chloe' cologne in ages. Funny, the compliments I get these days are when I apply Jergen's Original Scent lotion.
ReplyDeleteClinique ...a division of Estée Lauder... I worked for that company one summer during college...
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your answers and hope you're having a wonderful week! Blessings! :)
ReplyDeleteNothing wrong with being a Girly Girl! I wish I was. I'm such a Tom Boy and used to always feel out of place around such nice ladies. With this Church and their loving guidance, I'm learning to feel like part of the crowd even though I ride, SCUBA, work outside etc. They never make me feel like a freak. I love this lady's so much and appreciate their kindness.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the suggestion about being Sulfate and Paraben Free with the hair care. I have the same problem, although, eating Keto I've noticed my hair has thickened, grown back, and I don't shed like an old hound dog all over the furniture anymore. I still could use some bolstering with the thickening though. I'll try the Hack brand next time around if it's not too pricey. I don't mind buying a motorbike or a new gun, but always cheat myself with the personal care stuff. *lol* Like I said: Tom Boy. I'm so hopeless.
Love ya friend. You're the best!! ~:)
Some of my favorite perfumes were bought after smelling them on others and Chloe was one of them. It's lovely but it does not last on me. I used to spray my clothes instead. Have not bought any in years. My OGX shampoo is also sulfate free but nothing makes my hair on top thick LOL.. NOTHING!! lol. I wash my toppers and wigs with Woolite and use fabric softener after hehehehehehe.
ReplyDeleteYou are so fortunate to be able to wear those perfumes. I will have to check out your shampoo as my hair has thinned a lot! The main problem I have with shampoos is the fragrance. It can make my scalp itch and the fragrance stuffs up my nose.
ReplyDeleteFun questions! I can't wear or be around people wearing strong perfumes. I get horrid sick headaches. I would have to stand downwind from you, Linda! BUT, I used to wear all of those scents when I was younger and loved them. Now I can't even walk past an open door at Bath & Body Works.
ReplyDeleteI have heard great things about the shampoo and conditioner, but I have never tried it.
ReplyDeleteOh goodness! I am a make-up freak too. I cleaned my make-up table a couple of years ago, it was a complete mess. This was a fun meme for me! Loved your answers! Have a great week!
http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/