I just want to say, every morning I get up is a Thankful day. Can I get an Amen? Just keeping it real. However, let's jot down some thank you's.
Thank you to fellow blogger and bestie Sparky and her husband Steve for a beautiful early Birthday gift. I almost cried as this just about looks like the farm we had in Hudson, NY all those years ago. She knows the fondness and the need I have to go back--not that farm, but the need to go back to the lifestyle. I think though, this time / season in our lives, we will have to deal with what we have.
I know most of you were following on FB concerning the split beam in the basement-one of the main support beams. It has been repaired and even insulation has been added here and there. Not so funny when one was in the shower and heard a nasty sound and next thing she knew hubby was running up the basement stairs (he was in the shop) screaming like a banshee ((grin)).
![]() |
| old photo of my coffee cup, grin. |
Coffee on these cold winter mornings. Y'all, it is currently 12*, under blizzard warnings and the winds have been blowing upwards of 50 mph. Yes, indeed, we have to go out and about today. Having issues with my mother in -law and her husband. We are the court appointed guardians and court appointed everything...
Since I am all about keeping it real...there is no 'support system', it's just us handling everything.







I love corned beef! A dollar a pound, yay!!! I've gotten fantastic meat deals at Aldi, it's cheap as it is, then they'll put 50% off stickers on it...if you eat it right away or freeze it, it's fine. My daughter lives up in Oswego, and they're getting a bit of snow right now. But east of the lake is going to get pounded. brrr. And you're right, every morning we get up should be a thankful day!!!
ReplyDeleteDella
I haven't been on campus (Geneseo) but my understanding is they are undated/indated (whatever the word is and I prob. spelled it wrong) with snow. The winds here in Hornell are crazy.
DeleteMmm, corned beef
ReplyDeletelol exactly!!! smiles
DeleteI love corned beef too and you were lucky to get them at that price. Glad the repairs have been made and you are safe in the house. Stay as warm as possible when you go out.
ReplyDeleteOh, we're home...we said our peace, ran around to here and there and now we are home, staying put.
DeleteYeay for that smokin' deal on the corned beef! 'Glad to hear that beam was repaired in a speedy fashion … good grief, what a fright! What a thoughtful friend you have in Sparky.
ReplyDeleteSparky and Steve have been friends forever! smiles. We are so lucky to know them and are blessed to have them in our lives, grin.
DeleteCorn beef and cabbage... many a fond memory... of course Rutabaga's had to be added... I think that was last generation pick of the day. LOL. :)
ReplyDeleteSo happy your beam was fixed before it hit someone in the 'bean'. And wow...corned beef for $1.00 a lb..?That's unheard of, even in March! I guess you'll be having lots of corned beef sandwiches for a while! I have a big head of cabbage here if you want to come down and share! LOL. Praying for you as you deal with the family issues. May God give you grace and wisdom and lots of love. I know that's hard with what you are dealing with, but sometimes that is the only way we can do what we have to do. Praying for you. Be careful in the snow storm.
ReplyDeleteA nice sale on corned beef, just in time for St. Pat's Day!! Yum!
ReplyDeleteI love that saying "Today is a Good Day..." Saw it on Fixer Upper once and never forgot it!
ReplyDeleteI am really sorry you guys don't have any other help with your mil and her husband. At least the two of you are a team...in it together. Oh dang, I wonder if Aldi's corned beef is still on sale tomorrow? I need to get one or two for St. Patrick's Day.
ReplyDeleteI hope you didn't get all the snow I heard you were supposed to get.
Ok, I'm the weirdo, not a corn beef fan and I'm Irish too! Must be something wrong with me (don't answer that ... *lol*).
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome about the sign. I'm glad I made a good choice. Sometimes it's hard to tell from little bitty internet pictures if anything is any good or not.
Love ~:)
So glad to hear that beam has been repaired! Nothing like living in a house that might tumble down. WoW, that's beyond cold, out temp for tomorrow is 75*, a big difference. Stay warm my friend.
ReplyDeleteHey girlie! Can't imagine those temps. We've had an unseasonably rainy winter with only a few days of cold temps and it has rained 5 out 10 days since October. I kid you not! You've got to catch me up. College, Liam, your health. How are you doing? What gone on?
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet gift from Sparky!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad the beam is fixed and you are safe!
You have a sweet landlady.
Nice gift. Its a great picture.
ReplyDeleteSt Patrick's day will be Colcannon and Lamb chops in whiskey here for us, which is pretty doggone Irish.
and it's inundated said the know it all. But whatever it is, since its upstate NY I am sure the weather gods of NY did a good job of laying down that snow.
We had it a lot better than you. I know several people living in the Syracuse area and one sent me a picture about 8:25 yesterday morning. Yikes. Winter is back, for sure. And I was in our Aldi's, no $1.00 corned beef. Maybe I'd better look out for it. It's so delicious!
ReplyDelete