So...according to the newspaper
I do believe that would be a correct estimate. 9.5 inches. I have not taken any new photos. This area is known to get snow all the way up to Memorial Day. Memorial Day, let that sink in. I don't think we will get anywhere today, they are telling folks to stay off the roads. We did get out during the storm yesterday and it was nice to have Walmart and Wegmans and the roads to ourselves, grin. Everything else was closed.
Two Divided by Love (1971)
Unfamiliar with this week's song? You can hear it here.
1) Sam's teacher told her she'd use math every day. What's the last math problem you solved? (Did you add to/subtract from the balance of your checkbook ... use division to figure out how much you'd save with 25% off that sweater ...)
1) Sam's teacher told her she'd use math every day. What's the last math problem you solved? (Did you add to/subtract from the balance of your checkbook ... use division to figure out how much you'd save with 25% off that sweater ...)
You know, these teachers just lie...like I will ever use algebra...anyways---I can figure out % and basic math. I do have a documented learning disability which is math related called dyscalculia. My smart phone has a nifty app on it to help with all that.
2) The lyrics tell us that if you take away the rain from a flower, the flower just won't grow. Do you have any indoor houseplants? Could they use a drink of water this morning?
Hubby has plants on the back porch that has a heat lamp. He takes care of them.
3) This week's artists, The Grass Roots, are introduced in this video by country music superstar Kenny Rogers. Who is your favorite country music singer?
I really don't like country music, at least the new stuff. I would have to say Patsy Cline.
4) The two unmarried members of the group -- guitarist Warren Entner and drummer Ricky Coonce -- competed for a lady's affection on a 1968 episode of The Dating Game. Neither of them won! She chose Bachelor #1. Anyway, have you ever appeared on a game show? Do you know anyone who has?
Nope---oh wait, my husbands cousin...I told you that side of the family (rolling eyes)...they have issues.
5)
The Grass Roots were originally called The 13th Floor. They chose this cheeky name because many high rises do not have a 13th floor since 13 is considered an unlucky number, and they were thumbing their noses at superstition. Are you superstitious?
It depends.
6) At the time of his death in 2011, group leader Rob Grill was still playing music, touring with a reconfigured Grass Roots. His widow Nancy referred to him as "one lucky son of a gun" because he'd been able to support himself as a musician, doing what he loved for 45 years. In what ways do you consider yourself fortunate?
I'm alive. I have a warm roof over my head, have a loving husband and son. I have food in the pantry/freezers. The list could go on and on.
7) In 1971, the year this song was released, Walt Disney World opened in Florida. The Epcot Center was added in 1982. Have you ever visited this, or any, Disney theme park?
Yep. We grew up in central Fl. Unfort. they have gotten so expensive, I am afraid my son will never be able to afford it now (he's never been).
8) Fresh chicken was just 43¢/lb. in 1971. Do you prefer the breast or drumstick?
Breast unless its chicken wings.
9) Random question: Do you work well under pressure?
Yep. and I can multi task too.



We have 2 inches on the ground and it is still coming down - hard and big flakes! I am like a kid!
ReplyDeleteI saw your photos on FB! AMAZING!!!! Smiles
DeleteLoved Patsy Cline! Actually, all the 'olden' c/w singers (yes, including Earl Thomas). Sad, how $$$ the Disney empire's become. I know they're a for-profit enterprise, but still ...
ReplyDeleteEarl Thomas is/was my husbands cousin. Yep, smiles.
DeletePatsy Cline was incredibly talented. Good choice.
ReplyDeleteYep, agree. smiles
DeleteHard to believe that people live in your area...... but.... :)
ReplyDeleteLOL. Funny, my husband said something similar, LOL. He actually suggested ALASKA, I'm like, dude, you can't even handle this snow, whatcha going to do with like 10 feet? LOLOL
DeleteFun and interesting answers. Wow, you got a lot of snow. Much more than we got. I hope you stay warm and enjoy the weekend. :-)
ReplyDeleteOkay, I’m going to stop complaining. We did not get 9.5 inches for which I am grateful. Stay cozy…
ReplyDeleteFunny, I'm not superstitious at all. [knock on wood]
ReplyDeleteLOL
Love ~:)
We got a bunch of snow last night, but not that much!
ReplyDeletePatsy Cline was on my list! Stay safe and warm up there!
ReplyDeleteIt's 21F outside tonight. Wintry but, no snow yet really.
ReplyDeleteI forgot Patsy Cline, she was great, so is Dolly.