Saturday, February 1, 2020

Saturday 9

Thank you all for the kind thoughts on yesterdays post. I am falling behind in answering them.


Joining in with the Saturday 9


Saturday 9: Waiting All Day for Sunday Night (2012)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) This week's Saturday 9 has a football theme because there's a big game Sunday. Will you be watching?

We haven't watched one pro game all season. This taking a knee thing has really gave us a sour stomach. I am not sure if we will watch it, we have though, watched the ads already (they are posted online).

2) The Super Bowl is a big day for food consumption in the US, second only to Thanksgiving. What's on your menu this weekend?

We haven't discussed it. The deep freezer is full, I am sure there is pizza and chicken wings in there somewhere and the outside fridge is always full of drinks.

3) The NFL has decreed that the Super Bowl will never be played in a city that has a median February temperature of less than 50º. Would your hometown qualify for the Big Game?

HA! Hornell? With only 9,000 souls? Not in my lifetime. Closest would be Buffalo, 80 miles away.
 
4) This version of the NFL theme song mentions the Steelers and the Broncos. During the regular season, which team do you root for? How did they do in 2019?

We haven't watched one pro game this season. However, with that said, I am a die hard Chicago  Bear'er and hubby is a Dallas Cowboy'er. 

5) This version of the Sunday Night Football song is by Faith Hill. She also has ties to the MLB, since her husband is Tim McGraw, son of the Mets' pitcher Tug McGraw. Which sport do you prefer -- baseball or football?

Football.

6) Faith has performed live at more than one The Super Bowl in the past, performing both "America, the Beautiful" and "The Star Spangled Banner." What's your favorite patriotic song?

The Star Spangled  Banner and I can't get through it with getting a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. It's my Patriotic upbringing. 
 
7) She has a perfume line with Coty that was a big seller at CVS during Christmas 2018. What's the last item you bought at a drugstore?

I haven't been in a drug store in years.


8) Faith Hill is the producer of a talk show on CMT called Pickler and Ben. Is the TV on as you answer these questions? If so, what are you watching?

Nope. TV is amazingly off.

9) Random question: You've got a chip in your hand and three dips to choose from -- guacamole, salsa, and onion. Where does your chip get dipped?

Umm...salsa with a corn chip/tortilla chip. AND I like all chips, oh wait, not the sour cream chips, ick.

and lastly...


And let me add, the 2020 election. Because that is what it is all about.

18 comments:

  1. KC for me... and that includes wings... LOL . :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really could careless about the game...but I'll take the wings/food, LOLOL.

      Delete
  2. I'm all about the National Anthem, too. Back in the 70's-80's I was a HUGE fan of the Dallas Cowboys. I wouldn't take anything for my memories of going to their games, but when what's his name fired Tex Shramm and Tom Landry I turned my back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...I think right now, my husband is not happy with Jerry Jones, so I think he is over them, lol.

      Delete
  3. Cheering for San Francisco here; Tom is FOR anybody playing against Kansas City.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think my husband said he was going for KC-He can't stand the 49'ers. Personally, I could careless, grin. We have a neighbor who is a diehard 49'ers fan and even their tv room is decorated as such, lol.

      Delete
  4. I have managed not to see any Superbowl ads, so I will experience it with the game. I am so excited. My Chiefs have never been to the Superbowl in my lifetime...they haven't been in 50 years. Go CHIEFS! Potty breaks are going to be an issue this year. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Yes, I did read this about KC. I am rooting for them, just not that interested in it, lol.

      Delete
  5. Fun post...must find Super Bowl ads, though I have read that they all have agendas...no feel good ads. Fun cartoon! You don’t like sour cream and onion chips? I never buy’em because I love’em.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what Dashlane is, but I think that I need it! ☺️

      Delete
    2. BLECH on sour cream and onion chips...and Dashlane? Not sure what that is? Is that an app that keeps passwords? it must of been the other/another Linda that posted that, I think there is like 3 of us, LOLOL.

      Delete
  6. Friend of mine is in Miami right now. Her son is an employee of the 49ers. She’s having a blast.

    I’m more of a baseball fan. No interest at all in football. Though I was working in Jersey City the year the game was played at the Meadowlands, and one of the teams stayed in the hotel across the street from my office, so I did get caught up in the hype that year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. COOL! I would love to be in Miami this time of the year...but I see it is kinda' cool like 60-70*. LOL OK, that is very warm considering what we have, LOL.

      Delete
  7. I don't care who wins but might be partial to KC. We will perhaps have pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, Buffalo is waaaaaay out of the running to host the game, though I kind of miss the old days when the teams all played in the snow and rain and slop and whatever. Made for some pretty exciting plays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our area would never work for a Superbowl - far too cold.
    The National Anthem gets me too.
    As usual, you got it right on the little comic at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wont be watching the game....could care less about the NFL. Love the cartoon at the end tho!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)