Joining in with friends for the Tuesday Meme.
1. Do you have some favorite books to share?(if you don't read, how about favorite TV programs or movies?)
I am an avid reader. I have collections of books/genre;
Harry Potter/JK Rowlings
Juan Williams
Brian Kilmeade
Jane Austin
Agatha Christie
and many more...my husband often jokes I could open my own bookstore or a library.
2. When looking for a book(or program) what things do you look for?
Well, I can tell you my secret. When looking for books, I start reading from the end of the book first. No reason, always have. I do not read reviews, I like to form my own opinions. That doesn't mean, though, I won't listen to anyones reviews...I just won't read them.
3. Does the cover of a book make a difference or help you choose?(or do trailers help you decide on a TV or movie program?)
Sometimes. It all depends on what I read (remember, I start reading from the end of the book). I pretty much know the ending...I prefer to figure out that and read backwards.
4. What is your favorite genre of book, TV or movie? That is, is it science fiction, romance, mystery, true story, biography?
I like all kinds...but if I just want to entertain myself, it would be cozy mysteries, every once in a while I like a good romance, not all the time. I also love mysteries, biographies and historical novels/history. Duh! Sorry have to say that, I am a history major. I love a good historical book, and since I am trained--I always look at the footnotes first to make sure it is correct (the historical data). Also, sometimes I just read to escape reality...my books are treasures. Like I tell my son, never ever allow someone to tell you different and I also tell him, quoting Cicero, "A room without books is like a body without a soul."




I love this post! If I have time tonight, I may join in, but tonight is Day 1 of Parent-Teacher conferences so I will be home late. I love reading too and we have lots of books in our home. I'm with you, nothing better than a good, well-documented history book. I am reading one of those now. Have a happy Tuessday!
ReplyDeleteOh, I hope you do join in, even if its a day or so late, smiles.
Delete*Tuesday.
ReplyDeleteLove mysteries or 'who done it' type books and reading has helped me thru this particular time in my life. TV shows are the same for me. Not into the space/monster type shows!
ReplyDelete{{Linda}} keeping you in prayer...I know that is probably little consolation.
DeleteEnjoyed your answers. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteThanks Gloria, you too. smiles
DeleteI also love historical novels, even wen I know the author has taken a few liberties...I read Philippa Gregory before she became super popular.
ReplyDeleteAnd don't get me started on harry Potter. I had to buy three copies of Deathly Hallows when it came out -- one for each daughter and one for myself, because none of us were willing to wait for someone else to finish the book.
HA, I am so lucky, I don't have to share my books. Each of us have different likes etc. And I am perfectly fine with that, smiles. (I'm a book snob, at least that is what my husband says, lol)
DeleteI have read the ending first a few times. Saves on disappointment haha!
ReplyDeleteI am not reading as much as I once did.. as a kid I hated reading, but then I got into it as an adult. Now I read online mostly and do other things mostly.
Well, there is nothing wrong with that. My son prefers to read online books or likes to listen to books and I have to have a real book to hold...at least one reads, that is all that matters, smiles.
DeleteMy son is like you in that he does not read reviews...but he has many books on his list to read. I am just trying to figure out what I like...or I was over the summer anyway.
ReplyDeleteI just read a really good historical fiction book over Christmas called Necessary Lies. I loved it. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.
http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
I'm a collector and avid reader too. I've also been accused of being able to open my own library. Couldn't have a bookstore, though. Once I get a book, can't let it go. *lol*
ReplyDeleteLove ~:)
I know rightttttt…that is my problem too, LOL.
DeleteI love the Cicero quote and if we went in together we could have a BIG book store! Ha!
ReplyDeleteHow did the hair appointment go?
Well, like Sparky said, we couldn't get rid of our books, LOLOL. It went fine. see todays / Wednesday's post. smiles
DeleteI love historical novels... but to tell the truth there are so many bing opportunities on Prime and Netflix I have not read as much as I usually do..
ReplyDeleteUgh on Netflix...no thanks, LOL.
DeleteLove that quote by Cicero … almost as much as I do your first image! Reviews? Nope. I don't need any more people (other than the media) telling what to think.
ReplyDeleteLOLOL. yep. smiles
DeleteFun questions today and a great quote by Cicero! I enjoy Cozy Mysteries too and historical novels. Not big on biographies. Hope you guys are staying warm up there!
ReplyDeleteexpecting another winter storm this evening into tomorrow. Never ending, LOL.
DeleteI love to read, and I like many of the same kinds of books as you have listed. I stick to books mostly by Christian authors so I don't get too embarrassed while reading...LOL. But I do love mysteries, old-fashioned romances (not the new junky stuff), and adventure stories, historical fiction and some non-fiction if it is well written and not boring. I read for relaxation and entertainment as I don't watch much tv (except Maine Cabin masters and Hometown and a few others like that occasionally if they aren't all re-runs!) I pray you are having a blessed and warm/cozy day today. Loved your story about the hairdresser appt. That really touched my heart.
ReplyDelete