Monday, February 24, 2020

Music Monday

Ha! Thanks Songbird for reminding me...its time for Music Monday. I'm feeling a little sad...a little nostalgic. Thanks to some realities hitting hard. So, its a Carole King and Traveling Wilburys kind of day.

1. So Far Away.

((missing family-my Dad's favorite saying is, "Out of Sight, Out of Mind"-they've kept that promise/saying))


2. You've Got a Friend

((You'll always have a friend in me, no matter what. No matter how different we are, no matter how different backgrounds we have, no matter how different religions are etc.))


3. I Feel the Earth Move.

((For my husband. No matter how crazy things are, no matter how life leads us in different directions etc. You still make my Earth Move.))


Lastly, The End of the Line by the Traveling Wilburys. 

((Well, just because I have to keep it reality--IT'S ALRIGHT EVERYTHING WILL WORK OUT!))


17 comments:

  1. Oh, I love Carole King! Great song choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. She and James Taylor are great story tellers. smiles

      Delete
  2. Carole King has always been one of my favorites. I love these songs. Hope all things work out for your good. God bless you this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its ok Deb...been struggling with family issues for decades...and I have to remind myself its their problem, not mine.

      Delete
  3. I've been in your shoes, still am in some cases. I miss the old days when the family was intact, but I've accepted that it is what it is and I'm making the most of my life as it is. I figure it's their loss, not mine at this point.

    Thanks for the Wilburys. I haven't heard them in a long time and really like them.

    Have a blessed and happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have the blues. I think we all get them at one time or another. When I was 8yrs old my two older brothers had a fist fight right in front of me, broke my heart. They never were close after that, in fact I don't think they even spoke but a couple of times during all the years they lived. Caused so many problems in our family, I've always missed the years before I was eight. WoW, I don't think I've ever told that. Hang on to that good hubby and son, and know you're blessed through it all. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont think its the blues...its just painful memories that remain 31 years later...and I am so sorry about your brothers. My two brothers and I had a falling out and haven't spoken in years...so sad. Keeping you in prayer, Mary.

      Delete
  5. Where would we be without a soundtrack to accompany our emotions? (HUGS) Each of these are great -- especially the Wilburys. Seeing George Harrison so happy and vibrant makes me a little sad. Time is a thief!

    I'd not heard of the meme before, but now I'm wanting more, more, more! Do you suggest I follow Songbird for themes/prompts … or what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have to follow her, you can just link back to her or here, smiles.

      Delete
  6. Well done! Everything does indeed work out. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carole King is still some of my favorite music. Such talent. I don't know how people can listen to this new crap, whatever it's called. They were playing some of it in Walmart Market this morning and it about made me commit homicide on whomever was making the noise. LOL That "music" is garbage.
    Love ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good songs! I think I will join in today and make it a music Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda,

    It's great having you on the 4M dance floor. I'm delight that little songbird reminded you join the party. We've all been where you are and there's nothing like mewsic to make you feel better even when the melancholy songs. Carole King is a fabulous singer/songwriter. She has produced some great hits over the years! DH makes me "Feel The Earth Move Under My Feet", too. :) Thanks for sharing what moves you today. Please join our cyberblock party anytime, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It will work out.
    I enjoyed your songs today. I love - You've got a friend in me.
    And you do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carole King is one of the greats, both with her singing, and also with her songwriting. I'm glad you were reminded; please join any time you feel musical on a Monday. You are feeling down right now. I echo some of your other commenters: Whatever it is, It Will Be All Right.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy to see you on the 4M dance floor! I loved all your song choices! Thanks for the dance!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)