Sunday, February 2, 2020

Groundhog Day Rambles

I think the groundhog needs glasses, just my opinion of course {{grin}}.


I wasn't too interested in the Sunday Stealing meme, so here we are with just 'rambles'. Funky Sunday sky this morning. We are expecting upwards of 3 inches of the white stuff. 


Yesterday we went here and there and stopped in at Harmony Blue Boutique 'downtown'--my husband knows the owners dad --anyways...cute little shop and the only shop selling Valentine's Doormats (Don't worry, you can take a damp rag and some Dawn to clean it). Miss DiAnza (that's her name!) will do very well. She has the brightest disposition, her attitude is great and very friendly. As soon as we walked in, she goes, "WHY I KNOW THAT FACE! YOUR ALWAYS ON FB!" Oh geesh, lol; Big hugs and like talking to an old friend. Nope, her dad wasn't around, but nonetheless, I will be happy to promote her shop. So much better than the neighbor shop, SoHo. I will not ever again darken their doorstep. Just keeping it real.


Where was I? Oh, the groundhog needing glasses. Yep, he needs glasses...I really don't think there will be an early spring, lol.




22 comments:

  1. Either way, six weeks is six weeks!! I will take that..... first day of Spring... can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know...but you know what---spring doesn't actually arrive here weather wise until May,LOLOL.

      Delete
  2. That owner's disposition sounds delightful; I hope her shop's a big success! I'll bet that doormat will make folks smile, but I wonder if some (like me) wouldn't be afraid to actually step ON it. Remember that old game, Twister?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has such a wonderful soul, Myra and you would instantly love her. Oh, our landlady already said the same thing--I'm like--just step on it, wipe you feet, its ok, LOL. ITS A DOORMAT!!! LOLOL

      Delete
  3. It is supposed to be near 70º here today, but I agree with you. I think he needs glasses and to go back to bed.
    I love the doormat! Super cute! Have a great day!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, the snow has been coming down here heavy--so, the groundhog is wrong, LOL. Have a great day, smiles.

      Delete
  4. Love the doormat! The shop and owner sound delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what the Groundhog "predicted" but I'm ready for Spring this year. Got some plants I want bedded and it will be nice to have lots of flowers in the yard again.
    Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...I hear you...today it is snowing...so, yeah, looking forward to spring. YOU JUST DIDN'T HEAR THAT FROM ME, LOL.

      Delete
  6. I would sure visit that little shop if I could, love browsing in little boutiques. Why you may ask? Because you always find cute things like your new doormat!!! Hope you're having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute doormat! I hope her shop does well. Support local is a great motto!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute door mat! Spring isn't due until the Spring Equinox and that is that!! This year its March 19.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We got three inches of snow this morning, too, but it's all melted. The sun came out and it warmed up to near 50 this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sugar! I have been hoping and praying for an early spring. (It’s been over a decade.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Valentines mat! The shop sounds like a good one.
    I think the groundhog is wrong too, but I hope he's right!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do love your doormat. It really is cute. Very welcoming! I hope for your sakes the groundhog was right this time. I just don't want an early summer here. I'd love a LONG spring!! Have a blessed and wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here in your former hometown, the alligator woke up this morning, saw his shadow and it was declared that yes, we will have another year of Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute doormat! Hope the coming week is a good one for you. We are supposed to get 8-12 inches of snow here tonight and tomorrow, so the drive to school tomorrow should be interesting. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the cute doormat and all I can do is wish you have an earlier spring than usual. It is to be 72 here today but rain the rest of the week, so it will get cool again. I have no clue if the ground hog saw his shadow or not, so I will just get up each day and look outside for my forecast!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)