Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Hodgepodge

 Good morning, sliding into the Hodgepodge.

1. Do your goals and dreams energize or exhaust you? Elaborate.

Listen, I know y'all thinking I am being funny...but in all seriousness, my dream is to


and live off the grid and not to have worries, well, we will always have worries, but certain worries like the cost of living. I probably spend way too much time dreaming about this. So, yeah, it probably exhausts me more than it energizes me at this point in my life. 

2. July 23rd is national lemon day. Are you a fan of this flavor? Love it. What's a favorite dish or beverage you enjoy that calls for lemons? Lemonade and Lemon Bars.

3. "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"...is this something you're pretty good at managing? Have you had to do this recently? If so, tell us about it. 

Usually...because being on this Earth for 59 years and dealing with life in general certainty has given me lemons. Hence why it's probably a good idea for me to do above and get away from people...lol...anyways, just this week, my one inmate aide that teaches the math part for me up and quit--well, she tried to quit and the bossman turned her down and then he fired her because she lied on me. Yeah, go ahead and burn bridges, to which she did. So, yeah, I gotta keep moving and figure this stuff out. Nothing new, just working in that environment. One has to know how to just keep going. I think it's something your born with, just saying or maybe it's the survival of the fittest. Hmm...I will have to ponder on that. 😎

4. Something you love that is lemon yellow in color? Hmm...what do I have that is lemon color? I really don't wear the color or have anything...oh wait, I do have a table runner that is yellow...yellow is not really my color. Which why the table runner is not out. LOL

5. How would you describe your attention to detail? I am a little obsessed and over the top and everyone including my coworkers know it.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 


I almost did...several time this week and its only Wednesday. Try dealing with 50 different personalities on a daily basis...my poor boss because he has to deal with my personality as well. 😂

16 comments:

  1. I like your dream. I'd love to be nearer a beach. Despite being in the city we have lots of green space/woodlands nearby but.....no beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the dream isn't it, to live off grid with no worries. That sounds a lot of drama with the person trying to quit and everything. Hang on in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry work is so challenging in a way that exhausts rather than energizes. Hope the rest of your week goes better! You're in the right state to make your dream happen : ) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like lemon meringue pie, haven't had it in some time though.
    I think your dream of living on the beach is good, especially considering what you deal with in your day to day life. I'm sorry that the drama continues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the inmate aide, but glad the boss man took a stand in your favor, Linda. I love lemonade and lemon bars. Lemon sherbet or sorbet as well! I don't typically wear yellow either. I hope your day goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on moving to the beach! We took a vacation in June and lately, I have seen a lot of folks getting their final summer vacations to the beach in before school and I find myself longing to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes! Work stress is exhausting. Hope it improves 🌼

    ReplyDelete
  8. I realize the aim of this blog isn't to be a therapy session; however, as an 81 year old with children almost your age, let me just say, that yes, you probably have been thrown a few big lemons by now, and no doubt more to come. How's that for perking you up? Seriously, 30 years from now, you will not even remember what upset you back in 2026 and that is a good thing. Deal with each one knowing that in the light of eternity, they aren't worth getting too upset about. Unless they are. I do hope you get to the beach soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would also like to quit my job, sell my stuff, & just exist off grid

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda, I understand the frustration of your job. I bet you count the days to when you retire. I always say that "Life happens" How I choose to deal with it is on me. Many times, I am the problem and I have to "let go and let God." Sometimes I still want to be in control. I am always working on that. I hope you have a nice rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The co-worker quit and then got fired - oh goodness, what drama!! I hope it all works out for you. I can see why you have that dream!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joyce sure keeps us on our toes with her weekly Hodgepodge of questions! I enjoyed your answers and have to admit that living off the grid does seem appealing to me now and then! Not the beach for me anymore, but a mountain cabin with a sweet spring and running brook..... ahhhhhhh. Happy Wednesday, Linda! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. No No Linda....don't give up!! You do have a lot of frustration with your job but I know that God will let you know when it is time to call it quits. I love the color yellow in flowers and such, but it's not a color that I wear nor do I have any yellow decor in our home. Wishing you the very best with the daily frustrations of the job...Prayers for you as well...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never understand people who burn bridges at work. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh goodness..some weeks are like that aren't they! I'm sorry! I enjoyed your answers...loved #1.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you got that table runner put out!! And that your weekend has had some quiet moments. Oh, and maybe it included a haircut. That works wonders for me!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)