Thursday, July 2, 2026

Currently July 2

 Good morning. Do you know I forgot to welcome the month of July. It really didn't dawn on me yesterday was July 1.


Currently July 2. What's going on at the homestead...

Weather...75* (and rising) showers in the vicinity and 60% chance of rain this morning. 

Watched...I have been so lazy in the afternoons...various programs here and there:

Castle Impossible
Crashers
Maine Cabin Masters
Living Big in a Tiny House
Fox News

Eating/Ate...after the late afternoon rain yesterday, hubby grilled out:

Hamburgers for me, Spam for him
Homemade French fries.

we have enough for leftovers today.

Thinking...we ordered concrete pavers...and what did we get? Someone else's order. Interlocking weatherproof nonslip deck tiles.
After many phone calls later etc...sigh...and the very fact the boxes weigh total of 100 lbs...and adjustment of what was paid etc. (no, we didn't hear the truck, it must have come during the thunderstorm we were having). We are just going to keep them and put them down. We will figure it out.

P.S. Which makes me think, what did the other guy get? lol

Feeling...ok

Celebrating...will be July 4th.

Enjoying...spending mornings in the pool. coming in taking a shower and putting on fresh pajamas. Oh, the luxury of doing nothing. I could get used to that, but have to go back to work next week, sigh.

Thankful...for the last few days...I suppose today we will actually have to do work (see above lol)

Making me go...umm...

We have had like 3-4 alligator attacks / deaths this past week. 
 

Listen people...there are several rules that apply:

1. Don't go in dark rivers or lakes

2. While at Rainbow Springs or the KP Hole (which are crystal clear), only go in the mornings and late afternoons the evenings are alligator feeding times. EVERYONE KNOWS THIS. There was one recent death at Rainbow Springs due to a snorkeling attack.

3. While kayaking at said above, again, keep going, don't get out of kayak or floaty when you're going down the springs. JUST SAYING.

4. Don't touch the alligators. They are not cute and cuddly.

4. Stay away from the big rocks and tree stumps (due to snakes and water moccasins)

That's all I got...listen folks, trying to be lighthearted about all this, but in all seriousness, you have to be aware of your surroundings, chances are if you're around any body of water, there will be alligators and snakes. 


Even with all that said, Home is where you park your flip flops. Wishing you all a beautiful day.

4 comments:

  1. The last alligator attack even made our local news. Everything you said about being aware of your surroundings is just good common sense (and relates to being out and about everywhere; not just in gator and snake country). I am sorry your paver order was messed up, but it sounds like you are going to make it work for you. Thinking of you as you relax and unwind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, my friend! I do the same thing! Swim or walk in the morning, back inside, shower and cozy clothes for the rest of the day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowledge is key when you live around alligators and snakes. I can't even imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If there is water, figure there is probably a gator! They are not to be cuddled! Those pavers you got by mistake look pretty nice! Do keep us posted! I'm glad you are enjoying your staycation!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)