Good morning... thank you for your comments on yesterday's post. Jumping right into the Hodgepodge.
2. What was peaceful about today? Peaceful? Not so peaceful, I have to go have annual blood work done at 6 am and then hurry up and get to work as my first class begins at 7. Where to find time to eat, I don't know, because I had to fast. I do not look forward to having blood work done, they always leave my arm bruised.
3. It's National Blueberry Day (July 8). Will you celebrate? You can have one of the following right now-a slice of blueberry pie, a warm blueberry muffin, or a stack of blueberry pancakes...which do you choose? Hmm...love blueberry pancakes, I do have two cans of Oregon blueberries, so maybe I will make a cobbler than.
This or that-blueberries or raspberries? blueberries or strawberries? all of it...love blueberries, raspberries and strawberries. I like to put them in my yogurt.
4. Do you need a break? From what? LOLOLOL--Well, I have certainty loved being off of work for 10 days...now, if I can only think of a way to
...and sell seashells by the seashore. LOLOL
5. What has surprised you most about getting older? ... to be honest, nothing really surprises me anymore. Sure, I go "Wow"--but nothing really just surprises me. When our son passed away, it just took everything out of me, just keeping it real. You know what, it does surprise me of the younger generation wanting to go socialism, but should I be surprised? Probably not, history is really not being taught anymore and that just breaks my heart...teachers and professors are just too far left leaning for me, and these young minds are just falling for whatever. I see it in my nephews and nieces...and it's just sad. I experienced when I went back to school/college...I am surrounded by it at work...it's just sad. The hatred of one person who holds the highest office is just so sad...I could go on and on...but I will stop.
I probably should re word this question, "What has saddened you most about getting older?"
I pose this question every single day to myself...just being silly.
--where did 59 years go?
--hey, where did that line on my face come from?
--hey, how's come everything goes pop and crunch?
--then the startling reality, when the 300th America's birthday comes up, I will be long gone as I will/would be like over 100 yrs. old and our nieces and nephews will be our age. Yikes...got to get that thought out of my head.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Have a beautiful day all.



Re-entry is tough after time off of work. Hope your first day back at it is a good one!
ReplyDeleteLinda, hope your blood draw went smoothly and they didn't leave you too bruised. You were in my thoughts and prayers yesterday for your return to work. I'm not a berry eater; got sick eating them in my younger days and that took care of that. I will join you with your feelings of surprise and sadness on the topic of American HIstory, socialism, and today's state of affairs. I hope your day is smooth.
ReplyDeleteAmen(!) to what you've written in #5. Feeling blessed to remember what America felt like once upon a time -- but at the same time, so very saddened on behalf of my grands and great-g's.
ReplyDeleteRemember that splendid line from Camelot? "Don't let it be forgot that once there was a spot, for happy-ever-aftering ..... known as Camelot."
Yes, I agree about the younger generation being taught socialism/communism as the way of life/government. They have NO CLUE how terrible that would be, and I pray to God they don't have to find out. May God keep our nation strong and free. And yes, getting older is full of surprises. My body just doesn't mind it's manners anymore and causes me so much pain and discomfort all the time. But in my mind I am still that 18 year old girl getting married and full of stars in my eyes and joy in my heart. I just have to work a bit harder at keeping the stars and joy going. Oh, is it blueberry day? I've been eating fresh blueberries from my very own bush all summer long. I think we are finally down to the end of them...there may be one more handful out there. I love them in my yogurt and granola every day. I hope everything went well for your lab work today and that you managed to get something to eat. Can't have you fainting on the job! Take care and drink plenty of fluids too!!
ReplyDeleteSometimes reality hits and it kinda hurts a little. Time goes much too fast - life in general, vacation days, weekends... sigh. But God is good, all the time!! xo
ReplyDeleteLinda, I hope in your older age you get to sell seashells by the seashore. lol
ReplyDeleteSocialism and Communism are both cancers in society. Praying we can find a cure! Have a wonderful day, Linda!
ReplyDeleteIt’s no surprise that humanity is changing; after all, we live in a fallen world. That’s why it’s so important to get out there and share the Good News—it’s the answer to it all.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your answers. So much to think about in all these questions.
ReplyDeleteI am sure that if you could find a way to live up to that graphic, you would quit your job, sell your stuff and move to the beach to sell seashells. I am convinced of that. For you, I wish that were possible.
ReplyDeleteI honestly think that when people say they "identify with socialism" they don't necessarily mean the actual governmental definition but rather the Social Customs side of it. Like Finland. For example: I'm a moderate Dem who is also a Christ follower who believe if the USA adopted some of the social policies that Finland has, that is not true socialism. Things like free health care, education, and the educational practices they do in the Netherlands (ex: they don't require children to go to school until age 7 which for this special ed preK teacher I heartily agree with...they encourage learning through playing and much more nature time than we do here and it's so much more beneficial for children.). They also don't give out ridiculous amounts of homework to the younger children. We would do well to emulate some of the practices from Finland. There IS a reason they are considered some of the happiest and most peaceful people on the planet. THey take care of the environment far better than we do and God tells us to care for His Creation yet Americans have really trashed HIs Creation! They keep religion out of schools (as it should be). Religion, no matter which one, should be taught in churches, temples, homes. They have a very strong sense of belonging and community and look out for one another. We definitely don't do that here in the states, do we? yes we would pay a tad bit higher taxes but it would be worth it. All would have access to clean water, health care, education, Their gov is a unitary parliamentary republic. Ours is not.
ReplyDelete