Saturday, July 11, 2026

Currently Saturday...

 Good morning. 

Currently at 7:20 am...


...and that is where/what I am. Y'all, I know I live in Florida the land of flip flops and sun filled days...but the humidity it just too much. It has been 112* all week. The pool is sitting at 92*!!!!

Weather...
another heat advisory. Currently 75* and the humidity is already 75%. Because of the extreme heat and the ac running all the time, we had turn it / the central ac up to 80*, yep. I have a feeling the electric bill is going to be way up near unaffordable soon.

Reading...
I have two books just sitting on the ottoman ready to read...and I have not touched them. sigh

Eating/Ate...
much to my "ugh" leftovers. I so wanted a pizza last night, maybe today...thanks to my boss putting that in my head yesterday. LOL

Thinking about yesterday... 
not that I try to dwell on circumstances at work...but yesterday, and I'm blaming these attitudes and behavior changes on the weather---but these inmates were just plain awful and have been; belligerent and just nasty...I had had enough and ended up calling security, they were there in less a minute and I believe half of the compound security/officers were there. They know when "Conley" calls, there is a problem-which is rare. Three inmates were handcuffed and went to lock, and the rest were escorted out and 18 are waiting whatever disciplinary actions. Five were fine and were not escorted out. Those five had common sense to not get involved. What will I walk into Monday? Who knows...the boss and higher ups fully support me on how things were handled, hence why I needed a pizza and was late leaving yesterday--debriefing. It was major chaos. Understatement. This weather y'all, is just something else.

Thankful...
for those officers yesterday. They all will be getting fist bumps on Monday. We have an app at work that gives virtual fist bumps. Firm believer that extra "love" needs to be given to those first responders.

Feeling...
just hot. No matter how much the ceiling fans are going and the two box fans we have, and the pool, it's just hot...hot is the word for the day. LOL

Celebrating...
nothing...the bossman said I needed cake too...so maybe pizza and cake? LOL---he's a bad influence. 😂 No alcohol --just food. LOL

Making me laugh...


I know, an oldie, but nonetheless, it's funny. Wishing you all a beautiful day, stay cool.

7 comments:

  1. Staying cool is what we are all trying to do. My thermostat has been set at 80" for over a month now. I know my electric bill will be over $200, easily. Ugh. Stay cool and happy weekend, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to know that you were backed up and supported by security and the higher ups when you called for help/that you have had enough. I am sad that only five of them had the common sense to stay out of it. Pizza and cake sound good to me! Relax and unwind, Linda! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I read this on the opposite side of your (our) town, at 2:36pm on Saturday, I sincerely hope you are submerged up to your jawline in your swimming pool, eyes closed, breathing easy. Just writing that sentence cooled me off some. . . . . Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need some ice in your pool! The humidity would make me a bear. Don't like to feel sweaty - that's for clams!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you have some time to relax this weekend! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would be soaking in the pool too. I am glad security was there quickly. I bet hormones also are a cause for disruption. Have a restful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry that happened! I worry for you. I pray you stay safe. I just saw your most recent post about the storm. Very glad y'all are ok!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)