Monday, July 20, 2026

Monday...

 Good morning, another soupy day here at 5 am... It's Monday and that means my 48-hour furlough is over with 😄. ---I see Bertha has formed...you folks in Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas, watch out.

What did I do yesterday?


Shucked some corn and boiled it.


...and it was sweet and very good. Other than that, nothing else. It was overcast and pretty breezy and we never got in the pool as it looked like it wanted to rain all day. So, I found some other shows on YouTube and watched that all day. I have always wanted to be brave; quite my job/the rat race and just go. I bet there is a lot more people out there in the world who want to do the same.

I truly appreciate your comments regarding my son...well, I have to get going, make my lunch (meatloaf sandwich) and get going. Have a beautiful day all.

8 comments:

  1. Just came back from reading your yesterday post to appreciate this one even more. The corn sure looks good. I know, no rain for us yesterday or the day before either, after all that hype that there's a big storm out there. I sure hope we get some it!! I hope you have a good day today. Your students must love you. Even if they don't say so. You are a blessing to them. But I do know the feeling of wanting to quit a job, and I actually did maybe a couple of times, but it did cause some problems for us financially...however the circumstances were such that my mental health was more important than the money, and God saw us through it. It was difficult, but I needed time to heal. I don't recommend it as a good answer always, but sometimes it is necessary. Always pray and be sure first, however. (((HUGS))) God is with you, and He will see you through, no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning friend!! Yes we are in the path of the storm. Thankfully it has a chance of weakening before it gets here. We've had so much rain lately. We really don't need any more. I read your last post about your son and I think it's really interesting. Almost like he came to visit for a second. Hmmm...I know that sounds ridiculous. I hope it was a tiny blessing. Well, I hope work goes smoothly today and quitting time comes really fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your corn looked good and happy to hear it was. I hope you have a smooth Monday, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a beautiful day, too, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Years ago, we made a plan to get out of debt, by living in our motor home for 4 years. Best time of my life. Got everything paid off ( divorce attorney and cars) and then decided to relocate to a cheaper area, pulled up stakes and moved here. Major drop in pay and was rough for a couple of years while we adjusted to the culture shock of a slower paced life but now we're reaping the benefits. Back then our friends,and family thought we were taking a risk but we just went with it. You do have to have a well thought out plan. It can be done and oh what an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes indeed, I've got my eye on Bertha. {{sigh}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. That corn looks so good. It's my favorite to have this time of year, especially! I'm sorry you are back at work. Even though I loved my job, it was sometimes hard going in after a long weekend or vacation. I can highly recommend retirement!! You'll get there. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. A meatloaf sandwich. Mmm! years ago I had a neighbor whose husband was a vegetarian. She was not, but she pretty much ate that way. One day in conversation I mentioned that we had meatloaf for supper the night before. She asked me if whenever we had meatloaf, would I save her a slice so she could make a meatloaf sandwich for herself. We lived next to each other for close to 4 years and I obliged here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)