Wednesday, July 1, 2026

Patriotic Hodgepodge

 Good morning, we have been under a severe heat advisory for a couple of days now. We have been getting thunder and lightning in the afternoons and evenings- we got a monster of a storm last night, wow...finally some rain.

Onward to the Hodgepodge.

1. What do you love most about your country? Freedom--to travel, to eat what I want, to pretty much say what I want, to live where I want, to work where I want, free to shop where I want, there is a lot of freedom(s) we enjoy here in Florida...there sure a lot of wants in there. smiles. 

2. Your favorite Patriotic song? The Star-Spangled Banner

3. Red, white, or blue? Stars or stripes? Something you own besides a US flag with some combination of those colors or decorations as part of its design? Ok, I have a blouse:

4. What's one thing you want more of this summer: fun, rest, adventure, connection, quiet, or confidence? Elaborate. Rest & quiet-because I do have a stressful job, confidence to do what needs to be done. I really don't want to elaborate on the latter, but for some odd reason I have been procrastinating on an issue.

5. What was your ultimate, go-to summer activity when you were a kid? Disney or swimming. 

Do you still do any version of that today? Swimming. Since we do have an above ground pool-having a pool is sort a must in Florida and since we couldn't afford an inground, we decided to get an above ground. BTW, it would cost upwards of $150,000 for in ground, crazy. 

If you answered yes, does participating in this activity as an adult make you feel like a kid? No, not really. It is way too hot and expensive to go to Disney or Epcot right now, but if it wasn't, then I would probably say yes. Honestly, if your resident of Florida, theme parks should be either free or a deep discount and have block times for residents.

6. Insert your own random thought here.


 On the topic of Patriotism....

The news has been reporting on several states like Conn., Massachusetts, Washington, Pennsylvania, Illinois, NC, Oregon, Rhode Island and Vermont are not officially participating in the America 250 on the National Mall. I see though, Sen. Fetterman and Sen. McCormick are doing something for PA and a bunch of businesses are also going on their own. It's sad, truly, the hatred of one man stands in the way of Patriotism. So, what I do I love about this country? (getting back to question 1) --what is there not to love? My love for this country is more than hatred of one man that folks seemingly have--drop that mic. OH and a new poll came out, 53% are proud to be American. How sad is that? You folks who are not Patriotic, shameful...that is not open for argument or discussion. Either you're for America or you're not. No, America is not perfect, but you keep plugging along to make it that way.

4 comments:

  1. God bless America, I love this country. It is not perfect, but it is still the best place in the world. I've traveled to some beautiful places, but I would always chose to reside here in the U.S. of A. I like that blouse, and I agree that Disney should have a super good deal for residents, the prices have gotten just silly expensive. You stay cool. (Some of your heat and extreme humidity escaped and traveled up here to central NY, you can have it back any time....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, everything you said in that last bit on patriotism is spot on. Those who are not proud to be an American really need to take good look inward. Activities during the summer included playing outside from morning to dark and swimming. And I love your new blog header.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to see these haters try living somewhere else and see how that works out for them. I saw one interview saying they wanted to live in Cuba because it is better than the US. It's ridiculous how they are always threatening to leave. Just a bunch of noise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. I can't help but notice that some of the well-known "haters" who say they are moving to another country if... are stil here. I agree... love it or leave it. Or shut the heck up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)