Good morning, hope this 4:30 am post finds each of you in great spirits. although I am sure the majority of you are still sleeping.
Randomness...
Y'all it is 82* and real feel is 93* with an awesome heat lightening show. At 4:32 am. Yep. Another heat advisory for today.
Yes, Pamela we got a really good storm last night...actually, most evenings we do. Yes, the Marion County Alert system went off several times.
Deb, the new teacher schedule, no, we don't have to take our vacations then. We won't have students or aides. That will be a time to get lesson plans done for the year.
Someone asked about the outdoor kitchen...
He has two deep fryers, a smoker, a griddle, a grill, and a pizza oven and a sink. I took this photo yesterday morning, we had a storm come through the night before and left it a mess. Two years ago, during a hurricane, we lost the wrought iron gazebo-a tree fell on it and the fence and it also broke the glass table. I don't sit out there anyways, as its too hot. It was quite lovely at one point in time-the four posts from the gazebo are still standing and there is Confederate Jasmine growing. He does a lot of summer cooking out there.
![]() |
| told you our backyard is sand and those nasty oak trees, they soak up everything. And on the left side there is a fire pit with chairs, you can barely see the pit. |
Then on the other side of the yard is our small pool. We looked into getting an inground pool, unfortunately we would have to dig up the septic and the lines, and it would cost over $100,000. Yeah, not...so, my free (yep free) pool stands there. A pool is a must here in Florida. We have a long way to go to fix up the backyard, it has come a long way from when we bought the place, that is for sure as the previous person/people used it as trash dump. I would like the tv show Crashers to come and fix it up, LOL.
Speaking of cooking outside, he made a cherry pie, and it was surprisingly soooooooo good.





Oh Linda, I am shaking my head and laughing about what you said about the teacher schedule being a time to write lesson plans for the year. It is hard enough to write plans weekly, but any period of time longer than that is a lesson in wasting time and futility. 🤔 I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your outside kitchen and pool area. Hope you have a pleasant day!
ReplyDeleteI like the outside kitchen! And the pie looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteI think it would be great to have a pool in the backyard. And, yes, I can imagine it is a must in Florida!! I wouldn't mind just a little something to wiggle my feet in each evening:) Have a great week ahead!
ReplyDeleteThat is quite the outdoor kitchen! Wow. I have a little grill that I never use. I'm not even sure I know how to start it (propane)! It's just me. Seems silly. Stay cool!! xo
ReplyDeleteMy Tom would be so envious of Dave's outdoor kitchen! Way to go!
ReplyDeleteYour patio area where your kitchen is at looks nice. You have nice greenery around it. I bet when yoo had the gazebo it was really nice and shady. My next door neighbor has a beautiful one, better than some inside kitchens! complete with refrigerator. We thought about it but its just too hot for cooking and entertaining in the summer. We have had holiday dinners on the patio which was nice. I'd like a pizza oven since my husband makes homemade pizza.
ReplyDeleteWe are sweating with you! I think the heat index right now is 107. Mark would love to have an outdoor kitchen. He has a really nice grill and a smoker but they are just on our little patio in our back courtyard.
ReplyDeleteThe cherry pie looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteI love your outdoor kitchen! I'm glad Dave enjoys doing the cooking! I would never be able to stay outside in this heat to cook. Scott does our grilling when he comes on Sundays, if it's not too hot out. I feel bad asking him to go out there after he works in the heat outside every day. Fall and winter and spring are better grilling times in Florida. I love that you have a pool. I know you really enjoy it. I'm glad you also have a privacy fence! That's the only way I'd be getting into a pool these days! LOL. I hope we start getting the rain that's been promised for this upcoming week, and even the afternoon highs are going to be in the high 80's instead of high 90's later this week. I love that!! I wish it would stay that way! Take care my friend. Enjoy your pool for me.
ReplyDelete