Wednesday, October 1, 2025

Hodgepodge into October

 Good morning. Another warm one here in Florida...what else is new, right?


1. What's your favorite fall scent? Pumpkin and caramel. 

old photo from when we lived up north.

Would we find this in or around your home right now? Why, yes you would. However, I have Pancakes and syrup wax in it right now. Yes, Pancakes and syrup from Tractor Supply.

2. October is Country Music Month...are you a fan of country music? No, not really. I do like the old stuff, not this new stuff. No thanks. Do you have a favorite country artist? No, not really. Ever been to Nashville? Yes, not my thing.  In terms of lifestyle are you more country mouse or city mouse? Country mouse. Although we are close to the city.

3. How about 'country cooking'? (loosely defined as rich flavors, familiar foods, large portions, often fried, and often associated with the southern region of the US of A)? 

chicken and dumplings-fried chicken-shrimp and grits-biscuits and gravy-mac and cheese-fried green tomatoes-cornbread-collard or turnip greens-deviled eggs-'barbecue'-gumbo-banana pudding 

Which of the foods listed is your favorite? Everything but shrimp, I am allergic to it. Any on the list you haven't tried or would say a firm no thank you to if offered? No thanks to shrimp.

4. What's something that always has a positive impact on your mood? 

Candle waxes, baby/children laughter, videos of faraway places, the beach etc.

5. As we say so long to September share a noun, a verb, and an adjective that tells us something about how that month looked for you. 

Sigh...I don't know...how about...just UGH. (can't help but think 9 more years to retirement)

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

the witch table runner. ????? where did it come from?????

Hubby has set out more fall stuff...stuff he is finding in the shed. Stuff I didn't we know we had. Strange. More on that another day. 

p.s. referring to the gvt. shutdown, there are no adults left in either room. Just saying.

~Peace Out~

12 comments:

  1. I'm pulling out some fall things I'd forgotten about too. I'm distracted by all the other things I'm discovering in the attic too which is slowing me down. I'm exhausted by the politicians who care more about their careers than the people who elected them. Are you affected by the shutdown?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waving hello to you from another country mouse, Linda! I do like country music, but prefer the old stuff versus the newer tunes. Now, I have a hankering for chicken and dumplings or mac 'n cheese. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh! I totally agree both pumpkin and caramel are such great scents for this time of year.
    I love what you chose for #4. Those things really are mood boosters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As for Government shutdown. We’ve been down the road before so nothing is new under the sun. We’ll survive because Our King of kings and Lord of lords is above it all. We’re just passing through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you about the government shutdown, Linda. At least Rick Scott is trying to pass a resolution right now that Congress doesn't get paid during a shutdown. That's a step in the right direction, for sure! Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, I love shrimp, so please put your serving on my plate. I'll share my Banana Pudding with you (but only a little of it).

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHHA my thots exactly regarding the gov shut down. What a joke this nation has become.

    I don't eat shrimp either.

    LOVE the idea of pancakes and syrup scented candles...it's not one i've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fun Hodgepodge, Linda. Sorry you are allergic to shrimp. It's a favorite for me, but I don't cook them myself. Hoping your week is going well. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I, too, have a shellfish allergy ... but I'll eat my grits and given the chance, everyone else's too! Funny, I don't care for pancakes and syrup (to eat), but the sound of that fragrance sounds wonderful. I didn't even know Tractor Supply carried home goods.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda. I am in the countdown to retirement too. 153 more days for me - unless I decide to quit early. It will be worth a lot of money if I stay until the end of the school year, so I'm sure going to try. I don't have very much fall or Halloween stuff out. You inspire me to do a little decorating. I hope your week is going well! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That witch runner is hilarious. It's nice of hubby to decorate for you! I can only imagine what would happen here if my hubby attempted that. LOL. It's too funny to even think about. Although I love all the scents of fall, I can't do scented candles, etc. in the house. They give me a bad headache. Same with colognes and laundry detergents, etc. But I don't mind smelling the real stuff, like pumpkin pie or apple pie baking in the oven, or maple syrup on real pancakes, although I shouldn't eat any of the above. I'm sorry you still have 9 years until retirement. Praying for a better alternative at some point that isn't so stressful for you. One day at a time. I hope the rest of your week is pleasant and stressless. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda, the "no adults left in the room" made me chuckle. Oh, this country and its bickering and arguing. It's like living in a full-time daycare with a bunch of toddlers. I'm about ready to turn off everything and go about my merry way and happily not know anything about anything. Except I know this...I love October and hope we finally get a cold front here in Texas (hahaha). Hope you get one too. Take care and here's to you having a good day! If not, hold on. The weekend is almost here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)