Sunday, October 5, 2025

Four Somethings...

 Good morning. It looks to a little soggy day on this Sunday. Not that yesterday was a complete wash out, but the rain was pretty heavy at times, the next five days look to be the same.


Things I have loved this past weekend:


From Aldi. Apple Cider Donuts. When we lived in NY, we use to get them from Lain's Cider Mill up the road from us. How delighted I am to know Aldi carries seasonal items. Speaking of Aldi, we stopped at the one in the Villages and wow, that was a super nice store.


This stand for our K Cups. $5 from the thrift store in the Villages. 


So, I gather we are handing out candy this year, due to the fact Halloween is on a Friday. So, hubby bought these lights for the ceramic pumpkins we have. I think Walmart has skipped right over Thanksgiving, Christmas items are out and proud. I'm not quite sure what season I am in when I walk into Walmart as of late...is it Halloween? Christmas? Swimsuit season? I just roll my eyes.

Some things that went well this past week: Those three inmates that cause issues, are being moved out of my class on Wednesday. The bossman laying the law down. And finally, lesson planning.

Something I continue to learn is: One can never truly go home. Just because family tells you to come home, doesn't mean it's "open door" or any "door". Also, family can mean you're not related by blood. It has not been easy for me personally to come back here and deal with baggage/issues etc. 

Something I need to let go of: 

Donuts? LOLOL---but, but, they are so good. Another thing...expectations of ever getting Autumn weather. Because right now, at 11:15 am, it is 90*.


Well, now, that hit me like a ton of bricks. Indeed.

Wishing you all a great Sunday. 

12 comments:

  1. Apple cider donuts sound really good. But this weekend we've been snacking on birthday cupcakes.

    On the subject of going home, it sounds so "Hallmark movie happy," but in reality, there's a lot of unexpected psychology that pops up. We all change over time and distance. Sometimes (dare I re-word that to say, "often...") those differences have transformed us (or others) more than we anticipated. One wonders if we should have left that distance alone and been content with occasional visits instead of a relocation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda! I love that quote at the end of your post. Those apple cider donuts sound so good! I sure wish we had an Aldi here in Utah. We always have Halloween Candy and turn on our porch light, but there are not very many children in our area and last year, we did not have anyone come to our door. So glad that things are going better for you at work and that you are getting some support to deal with difficult students. That is so important. Have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I haven't had the apple cider donuts, the pumpkin spice ones from Krispy Kreme are pretty good. I will have to look for apple cider donuts at Yoder's. The Autumn graphic you featured at the end of your post was spot on. Actually, it could be a daily reminder all year. And a big amen to family not having to be related by blood. Happy Sunday, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't even feel like Autumn here in Michigan; sunny and 85 today!
    The donuts look good! I better not even try them.
    So glad those troublemakers are moving out of your class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We always find good deals at Aldi, Linda. Hope your Sunday has been pleasant, too. Blessings for a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a fantastic week ahead for you! Take care. 😘

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad those 3 (Larry, Moe and Curly) are being expelled! I'm not a sweets fan, but those apple cider donuts sound like something Tom would love. Putting it on "the list"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, family is complicated. Autumn is not in Florida and it sure "ain't" in Texas either! And so glad your boss has stepped up in your favor. And I am laughing at your description of Walmart these days. So true. Why don't we just carry every season of decor, every season of clothing and just call it good? Everything is so jumbled up nowadays, that who knows what's coming next?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, Linda. I would love one of those donuts! Glad to hear the troublemakers are out of your class. That makes it so hard, I know. I will send you some autumn weather, k??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, it can be hard to return to "home" especially when real home was someplace else. I wanted to go "home" to my little town so much but I discovered the truth about it.. the politics, the cronyism, the cliquish nature, and the reason my Dad's store was burned down 3 times..(they wanted the property). Yup. No thanks. I realized my view was from child eyes and not a real view at all. I like where I am now though, 70 miles south. Here we have Delicious Orchards which does the apple cider donuts and you can pick apples too. The FAmous anonymous came home with 100 lbs of them.. insane! And the Amish stores have a lot of goodies for autumn too. Glad to hear the trouble makers are dealt with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am also longing for our cooler days with no humidity. They are coming (I hope!)! I'm late getting around but am enjoying my company. They are sleeping in this morning so I'm on the computer for a bit!! Sending a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I laugh about the seasons! Seasons change as you change aisles in Walmart!
    I'm glad the problem inmates have been moved. I certainly don't envy your job.
    My daughter and son-in-law are living in Vermont now and my s-n-l wrote a whole Face Book post on this wonderful apple cider donut they found at a festival. It's the season!
    Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)