Good morning, another cool one. No worries back to the high 80's today and at least the humidity is somewhat staying down.
Time once again for Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4...
Heart to heart conversations can be painful or fun and I suppose a bit of both. Let's discuss it okay?
1. Has a conversation ever made you change the way you see yourself? Sure, but not just one conversation with one person.
2. What makes a conversation truly meaningful for you? Honesty.
3. How should a person handle a conversation that grows awkward... press on through or find a way to end it? What would you do? It depends on what the conversation is etc...and usually I end it by walking away.
4. What's one conversation from your life that changed your perspective on something important, and why? Hmm...can't think of just one...but yesterday, I goofed up not contacting the colonel's staff about an inmate who has refused to attend class, and I went straight to the colonel about it--owned up--he fixed the issue. He changed my outlook on that issue and put me at ease. It's just hard to stop class with 21 students/inmates and expect me to do so (my boss expects me). We (the colonel and I) discussed this--and still no officer--which was another issue. Like he said, "Teamwork makes the dreamwork, right? And if I don't know if there is an issue, how can I make it easier on you, the teacher, or how can I fix it? No one walks alone here, no one and I am afraid you have been doing that."



Communication is definitely at the top of the list. Hope the missing student/inmate shows up.
ReplyDeleteGlad you went to the Colonel and that he listened to you!
ReplyDeleteVerbal communication is so very important. That's why God gave us a hyoid bone. We need to use that more often because one never knows when our words will make a huge difference in someone's life. Seems it's mostly texts and e-mails with no human interaction. I think we're losing our humanity and humility by not talking to each other more.
ReplyDeleteOne important conversation that sticks out in my memory is the one I had with a professional gentleman that I worked with in the early '80s at a construction company. I professed Christ but wasn't living it, if you know what I mean. He was much older than me and quite lovingly but firmly explained that I need to change my way of thinking and living because following Jesus is much more important than anything. He was quite right. Later at home I fell on my knees in the guest bedroom and rededicated my life to Jesus. That's when I made a lot of changes and began removing sinful practices in my life. I began to grow again in Him. I'm so glad I listened and took it all to heart because I need Him so much.
Sorry about the novelette. 😁
Hope your day was great my friend!
Love ya. 💞
Where there is no communication, there is no relationship. Some people don't seem to know that. You are right. Communication helps to make life work.
ReplyDeleteI 100% agree that honesty is this most important thing in any conversation. Sometimes, we only get half the real story in a converstation.
ReplyDeleteYou are so right. COMMUNICATE people!! And be honest! xo
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you went to the top to get some action and attention. That's what you have to do sometimes. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. We will be leaving early tomorrow, so I will be out of touch for almost a week. Y'all try not to get into any mischief while I'm gone, okay? I don't want to miss anything fun! Take care and see you when I get back.
ReplyDeleteI can't say enough good things about communication -- provided it (like honesty) is done in a respectful manner.
ReplyDeleteI cannot put into words how much I love how the Colonel responded to you! Good!
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. The colonel sounds supportive. I hope your week is going well.
ReplyDeleteCommunication. That's what Charlie Kirk's life was all about. Seeing him honored with the medal of honor posthumously today absolutely made my week, my month, my year, my beyond. May we never stop praying for Ericka and their children. Blessings, Linda!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your answers.
ReplyDeleteYup communication is important but its hard sometimes. I hope your class gets straightened out. You need a break.
ReplyDelete