Good morning! Trying to find time to post.
Welcome to Tuesday 4 in memory of our friend Toni Taddeo..
Most people love to read. It opens other world's to us. Autumn weather is often conducive to reading as weather can be chillier and rainy. Cozying up with a book can be a lovely way to spend some time.
1. How do you relax in the evening after dinner? By the time I get home around 7 pm, it's a rush to eat and relax for an hour. Usually, I pick up my Tablet and Play Junes Journey. Do you read in bed? Sometimes
2. What kind of books do you read? History, historical novels, cozy mysteries and mysteries.
3. Do you have a list of books you look forward to reading? No, not really...but I do need to get the new books by Laura Childs (Teashop and New Orleans series), Karen White (Tradd Street series) and Cleo Coyle (Coffee shop series).
4. What is the best book you've ever read and why? Hmm...I like a good book that just makes me use my imagination or where I can just forget everything that is going around me. I also like books that the characters just come alive so to speak. Or... how about the worst book you feel you wasted time reading? I don't think I have ever read a book I didn't like. NO wait, I have, but I rightly can't remember the name of it.
.jpg)

Funny you should mention books by Karen White. I am reading my first one of hers now: The Last Night in London. So far so good, and I may have to start reading more of hers! Hopefully our library has them. I got your message about your "aunt and uncle" in the forest. I do hope you will go visit them and take some pictures. They sound like my kind of people, and if they are good to you, then double good people!! Have a good good day!
ReplyDeleteI've read a few of Karen White's books and enjoyed them although of course now I can't remember the names of them. They're on my blog I'm sure under Book Reviews. I LOVE to read as I don't really watch TV unless there's a netflix, hulu, paramount, etc movie i wanna see. have a good Tuesday
ReplyDeleteI love to read in bed, but sometimes I get caught up and read far too late!
ReplyDeleteI love to read. I am adding Karen White to my list of authors to look for. I have enjoyed the Laura Childs and Cleo Coyle books that I have read. Happy Tuesday, Linda!
ReplyDeleteI didn’t realize you worked so late. Ugh! It sure doesn’t leave much down time for you. With Bible studies I don’t have time to sit and read novels. Just the season I am in. I do tend to like historical biographies and books like that. I’ve been wanting to re- read some of my favorite classics that I enjoyed before I’m dust.John Steinbeck was always a favorite of mine.
ReplyDeleteHave a good week, Linda. 🌺
Linda in Keno, OR here. Have you read The Devil In The White City by Eric Larsen? My favorite book. A little gruesome, lots of fun facts about the Chicago World's Fair and true story.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful weather here today. Right now it's 8:20am and it's about 34 degrees but will warm up to about high 60s. Husband down fishing at Lake Shasta. I hope to get some quilting done.
I've always enjoyed reading, Linda. There are few books that I haven't liked over the years. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteHoping your day is awesome!! I honestly have very little time to read or perhaps I don't make time to read. I do want to make more of an effort though... Enjoy this warm weather...we are hot around here so I figure you all must be too.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, there's so many good books waiting to be read .. so little time. Like you, I want to find something that "makes me use my imagination or where I can just forget everything that is going around me." Something I can "see" the characters in my head -- watch out; I often cast those people I know in certain roles. (lol) The only other thing to authors, puleeeeze don't insult my intelligence.
ReplyDeleteI have seen ads for June's Journey. It looks fun.
ReplyDeleteI enjoy historical fiction. I don't even think I answered that part of the question. I also enjoy romance and thrillers. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.
https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
I am already hooked on SIX games I play once a day only for each. June's Journey looks addictive so I haven't downloaded it. A fun post, Linda!! xo
ReplyDelete