Friday, October 17, 2025

TGIF!!!! Today's Clothing...

 Good morning! Thank you for the kind comments and smiles. First...

Gosh y'all, these weeks are just flying by. Anyways...onwards to the clothing...todays clothing bought to by:


Lee straight leg jeans and a Kiss t-shirt in honor of one of the founding members soundly passing away yesterday: Ace Frehley. I had pulled out a Halloween t shirt and then I saw the news. Fridays we are allowed to wear whatever.


and of course, Sketchers. They are called air cushion slides--and they are probably like 10 yrs old now. Sketchers are great for my arthritic feet. And that folks, is it for the day...I now have 23 students, 3 different attendance rolls to keep, all 23 in the same class: GED ready, ABE (Adult Basic Education) and MLP (Mandatory Literacy). The bossman goes, "Yeah, you can handle it." Ok, whatever...I demanded a teacher aid and spent countless hours interviewing the right one, she is an inmate, but nonetheless, she knows her stuff. And so far, I am pleased with her teaching abilities towards the MLP students. I cannot teach all three groups together, it's impossible. 


You mean, it isn't? Why not? I do have a small stress ball and often have it in my hand when teaching...one new student asked me yesterday, "Umm...so, you gonna throw it at us?" I said, "You never know." Another student, one who has been with me for a while, goes, "Yeah, don't test her. You might want to stay on her good side." Oh, gee. LOL


Wishing you all a wonderful Friday, remember to smile...it makes people wonder what you're up too.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of the additional 2 students, but I am you demanded a teacher aid. Good for you, Linda! I love your shirt of choice for today. Will your students even know who Ace and/or Kiss is? Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some smart inmates who know how to stay on your good side, Linda. I love my Skechers, too, and wouldn't trade them for anything. Have a fabulous Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet your students will love the shirt! (Or are they old enough to remember him?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg i had a language group at my last teaching job where I taught for 5 years before retiring in 2023 and one 4 yr old always needed a stress ball as a fidget (he was neurodivergent/onthe autism spectrum although high functioning with language and motor skills). He started throwing it at me every.single.day. "Play Catch miss faith". ( to distract me from teaching the lesson....smart little fella!). HAHAH hopefully YOUR students won't start throwing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 23 students is quiet a few in one classroom.. I hope your aid works out well and can take some of the stress off of you... Enjoy a fun weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, you always make me smile :) Thanks for the laughs and the memes. I hope you didn't throw anything today :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Friday, my friend!! So glad to read that you have some help in the classroom, and that she seems to be competent! Yay!! Love your Friday look. I have a couple of pairs of Sketchers and love them. Have a blessed weekend!! xo (Sorry, I'm late and playing catch-up again!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Didn't know about the KISS's Ace Frehley passing. How sad. I'm really feeling old with all the Greats of Rock passing. I did see where Diane Keaton passed. She had pneumonia, I think. Anyway, I hope they were trusting in the blood of Jesus to save them so they truly are in Glory.
    I could never teach. Steve is good at it but not me. He's a wonderful Sunday School teacher. I'm the administrative type: like to be behind the scenes, keep records and stay buried in paperwork.
    Sketcher's are my 'go to' shoes too! They are so comfortable!
    Love ❣️

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)