Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Tuesday Meme

 A day off finds me trying to play catch up. 

Are you decorating your home for fall? Show us some photos if you don't mind!


The front porch is decorated.


I really ought to take updated photos. (((on a note---I just noticed I posted last years photos-LOLOL)))


Just a little inside...not much. I do change out kitchen curtains and towels.


towels


lastly


Are trees changing in your area yet? Do you mind showing a fall photo from your area?


Yes. I noticed this on break the other day. However, since I have taken this photo, the colors are really popping. Several days of crisp and rainy weather.


and we made a trip over to the cemetery.

Do you like to use scents in your home? What kind do you use and what scents do you enjoy in your home.

I use electric warmers/waxes; Apple Cider and there is a favorite we all like; Pancakes and Syrup. Although, when I came home yesterday, my husband put in 2 waxes of the Pancakes and Syrup and now my allergies have flared up and I had some sort of reaction to that...so, not my favorite at the moment.

Fall's weather usually turns a bit chilly. Sometimes we change how we eat by seasons. Can you share a nice recipe for a good fall meal with us? 


I have shared this before; 

Goulash

Cook / simmer for 30 min.

2 lbs of cooked ground beef
1 large onion
3 cloves of garlic
2 large can of Tomatoes (15 ounce)
2 large can of Tomato Sauce (15 ounce)
2 tbs of Italian Seasoning
3 Bay leaves
1 tsp of salt/pepper
3 cups of water

Then add whatever pasta you like and cook an additional 20 min. (my family likes the large conch shells)


Thank you for making it this far. I have fallen behind yet again in emails and such... unfort. whatever systemic changes the #1 retailer is going through, the regular hourly employee is not thought of or even held in regard. Now, don't get me wrong, I enjoy making/earning a living...but it seems "forget fullness/overlooked" is a common thing and scheduling of employees is an issue. For a non Super store we stay busy from 7 am to 10 pm. Since I have worked the 7 am shift, and in between and even closing; we are on our feet for 8-10 hrs. I'll just leave it at that. AND for the record, I have repeated my thoughts to management about issues that are common knowledge/gripes that us hourly wagers have. For instance, several days in a row I was suppose to leave at a certain time; an half hour or an hour would go by with no relief. Scheduling is a big issue. I have put in 60 hrs in the last week and a half. 

----so, the moral of the story, it seems scheduling is a big issue in all the stores. So, the next time you see only 1 cashier working, please don't give that person heck. Or in my case; self check out. One person mans 24 machines. Suppose to be 2-4, but often, for whatever reasoning, that is not the case. I was cursed out yesterday by an older gentleman who wasn't happy because I was dealing with another issue. 

18 comments:

  1. Love your photos, especially seeing some leaves! You are a brave girl to keep working through all the mismanagement issues. Being on your feet so long is not for the faint of heart. Praying for you and hoping you are able to hang in there until something really super wonderful comes along. Thank you for taking the time to do this and stay in touch with us. We love hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter uses a lot of waxes that have maple in them and when the kiddos come to visit the smell clings to them. I am always telling them they smell like waffles! LOL Your leaves seem to be at about the same point ours are. Bummer. We're driving up to Cambridge Springs this weekend to see my father and sister and I was hoping for a lot more color as we got further north. Sorry work is so frustrating. Poor management sucks...especially when you can't do anything about it. I hope it improves, but know that it probably won't if it's chain-wide. I'll just pray that dream job comes along soon. Have a blessed day, Linda. I miss you being around all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working in retail is not much of a picnic. Hope that you might, at some point, be in a position to make a difference. Sometimes all it takes is some simple communication to make a difference. It is certainly true that consumers can be demanding. Now I am wondering how you handled the old fella.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope things get better or someone hires you as their historian. I pray for that. You love history so much.
    I love your porch and house decorations. I will have to give that goulash a try. I have a recipe for Hungarian gulash and another for Paprikash. Gosh I really like Eastern European food a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you are chugging along!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goulash is a wonderful fall/winter food.
    I am sorry there are people out there who take out their own frustrations on others

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your decorations. So sorry about the problems at your new job. Hope it gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoping things iron itself out for you soon with this job. Mercy! That is long hours. I keep saying, "I'm getting too old for long days". LOL! I love fall smells and most often have a fall candle of some kind going when home. Marty loves a good smell coming from a candle or wax burner or whatever, probably more than I do. I actually have some pumpkin spice wax candle going now. Hope your week will be kind to you dear Linda. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is a lot of hours to be working! I am sorry you got cursed out. I could see you not wanting to do anything on your day off. I hope you get to go out and sit on your porch and relax. The goulash sounds good. We make that too! I am praying that things will get better for you at work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dang, people can be rude. Maybe 'cause I was raised with manners or because I'm a Southerner, I try to treat everyone the same: with respect. Even people that act like horses behinds that need a good throat punching. *giggle* (Just kidding) Sorry you've had to deal with such. Maybe a good prayer before work will bring a holier Spirit to the issue? Worth a try. *wink* Oh, and after work, soak your feet in lukewarm water with hydrogen peroxide and epson salts for at least a 1/2 hour. It feels SO GOOD afterwards.
    We make a Goulash now sans any sugar or carbo that is heavenly. Steve is a master at this new way of eating. I don't know how he thinks of all these things.
    Praying for ya.
    Love xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. ... and Holiday Shopping Season's not even begun. Oh girl, you're deserving of a purple heart.
    While I'm not prepared to re-dress our kitchen window, seasonal towels can make a cheery difference. For practically pennies, I may pick up another half dozen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your decorations! What a gorgeous mum. My pictures were from years past too..some of them. I change out my towels also and I love that you change your curtains. I am not that ambitious.
    I have worked for McDonalds and they are the same way as Wal~Mart on hours. The grocery stores were the same...they will work you millions of hours and then not many....well that is what happened to me..that way they didn't have to offer insurance. I was young and did not mind, but I couldn't do that now. Loved your answers! Enjoy the rest of the week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know, I don't know why I ever missed working with the public! At my old job I had little contact with patients. Most of my work was with other hospitals and labs. But since working at the cider mill I remembered what A%&holes people can be!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I dont decorate any more since the 'crew' moved in but I used to and enjoyed it. Your decorations are so nice. Sorry about the work situation and I promise to be nice to all workers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The colors are really popping here too.
    THe goulash sounds like a good thing to put on the menu.
    I'm sorry people take it out on innocent workers. I know you work hard and don't deserve it. Unfortunately, whenever you work with people, some will act that way!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed seeing your decorations but am sorry your job is so taxing. What a shame. Maybe you will be able to fix some of the problems in time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have had my share of customer service, I've seen the nicest people become the nastiest people!! Hope all the issues get fixed, it makes for a nicer shift when everything works as it's supposed to. Love your fall porch, even if it was last year!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Autumn in your part of the country is a beautiful thing! Thanks for sharing your goulash recipe. I'll probably be adding it to my menu plans in the coming month or so.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)