Thursday, October 29, 2020

Thankful Thursday

 

So many things to be thankful for...instead of just naming one or two...I just want to say Thank you for each of you and your comments. I will answer each of your comments from yesterday, so check back. smiles

P.S. I posted this on FB and how true this is;

I feel strongly we are being conned with false sense of "safeness". Life is hard for logical people right now. We are being raised without the ability to process and execute logic. Step out of your little tiny boxes and think folks.
SPEAKING OF WEARING MASKS
Me AT RESTAURANT:
Hostess: ok, I can seat you at this table right here (4 feet away), but I will need you to wear a mask to the table.
Me: what happens when I get to the table?
Hostess: you can take off the mask.
Me: then it is safe over there?
Hostess: yes.
Me: are those fans blowing above the table? Is that the air-conditioning I feel? Is the air circulating in here?
Hostess: no words. Confused look.
Me AT GROCERY STORE:
(and since I am employed by the #1 retailer in the world, I get 'it')
Why is there plastic on the payment keypad?
Cashier: to protect people from Covid.
Me : but isn’t everyone touching the plastic keypad the same way they would the regular keypad?
Cashier: no words. Confused look.
Me AT DRIVE-THRU
Server: (holds a tray out the window with a bag of food for logical friend to grab)
Me: why is my bag of food on a tray?
Server: so I don’t touch your food because of Covid.
Me: didn’t the cook touch my food? Didn’t the person wrapping my food touch it and then touch it again when placing it in my bag? Didn’t you touch the bag and put it on the tray? Didn’t you touch the tray?
Server: no words. Confused look.

27 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for blogging friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do appreciate safety precautions and go nowhere unmasked. I was recently in Florida where the majority of people were not wearing masks and restaurants were serving at full capacity. I am not so worried about touch, though I do use hand sanitizer and have always been an ardent hand washer, but we do know it is airborne and even though masks do not offer total protection, if everyone is wearing them it does lessen transmissions. I don't want a surgeon operating on me unmasked (which is only to protect me, not them) and the same goes for the dude riding iin the elevator with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, not that I want to get in an argument, but as someone who has to wear a mask 8-10 hrs a day, it is causing side affects such as sores in the nose, acne, allergies and my asthma is off the charts. But see, folks don't ever want to hear the other side of it. Masks are not suppose to be worn all day, period. As for your thought about the surgeon, that point is mute. Again, for the folks who work in the public sector and are forced to wear masks all day without a break, its not healthy.

      Delete
    2. I will agree masks with no breaks is unhealthy. I did buy silicon inserts that keeps them from resting on my mouth which keeps my face. It helps a lot.

      Delete
  3. I asked that same question about the keypad. The cashier said it was because people kept spraying it with Lysol before typing in their code. Ha ha! (Maybe this is why I haven't been able to find Lysol anywhere...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait, (the cashier) has Lysol? WOWOWOWOW. Here, we have a spray bottle filled with something or another, I was reading the back of it last night...and it clearly says...well...never mind, it ain't Lysol, I better say it that way.

      Delete
  4. I'm also getting some confused looks, Linda. I suppose the 'workers' are trained not to respond to our questions. I see a lot of people who were masks but not covering their noses. Why?

    I definitely couldn't wear a mask all day like you're having to do! To your friend in Florida; I live in FL also and in our neck of the woods there is still the six foot divide in most places here.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, Sally, we are not trained for NOTHING/ANYTHING. We have the 6 ft divide too, but honestly, no one is really doing it here in the store. When I go into the store or anywhere, I do not cover my nose, why? Because I am an adult and American, and individual who does not live in a communist nation, plus I have asthma...but the employer doesn't care.

      Delete
    2. Hear hear! Good for you! :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Great analogy, Linda! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wear the mask where it's required, not because I'm afraid, but for those who really are at high risk. Also when we go to a restaurant, I don't want to cause problems for them. We have actual paid and appointed people out spying on restaurants with no clear guidelines. The restaurant's fine or punishment can depend on the whim or mood of the "inspector". It would all be maybe just a little bit easier to take if there was any kind of logic or consistency to the whole thing at all, but giant NOPE there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I get it...I just think it shouldn't be mandatory. Same here, we have tattlers here too. Yep, no clear consistency and I think us Democrat states have really hurt themselves with the continued shutdowns, so they will make money anyways they can.

      Delete
  7. Common sense is just gone, I think. Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wear the mask when I have to and only then! Unfortunately I have to wear it all day when I work but a majority of my customers don't wear them. Must be because they are in their cars even though we are less than 6 feet apart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. NEWS FLASH: Everyone will eventually be exposed to, and get, the virus no matter what precautions are taken. 99% of the people will survive. *boom* Medical people only wear them for a limited amount of time, and they CHANGE the mask between surgeries. If you don't, you're infected. Time to get over it and move on.
    You're welcome.
    Common sense, and bravery apparently, have left the building. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So true and I am glad you mentioned about the plastic over the payment keypad. When I saw that, I couldn't believe it. Actually I think it is to protect the keypad from being sprayed with antiseptics. Maybe???

    ReplyDelete
  11. We wear masks where they are required here. Some places don't require them here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We were at our bank today and had an appointment to discuss some banking issues, and our banking assistant was behind a plexiglass shield and also wearing a mask, and we had to wear masks as well. We could barely hear or understand her and she had to keep rolling her chair around to the side of the plexiglass so we could understand what she was saying. I said I wished that I had stock in plexiglass since every store and business and school has had to put it up everywhere to divide us from each other, however, they only go about 3 feet by 3 feet, and if the germs are that bad, they can fly over and around it. Then we left there and went to another business and thought we would have to wear our masks and they said no we didn't have to but if we wanted them to wear them they would, and we said no, you don't have to if we don't have to and we had such a nice time because we could actually understand what each other was saying. I have to read lips a lot because my hearing isn't the greatest...try to read lips through a dark cloth mask! LOL. We did get a couple of nice free ink pens from the bank because they don't want us to use their pens. That was a nice gift for all our trouble. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. So good Linda! If only more people had your common sense!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's insane everything that goes on! We wear our masks when needed. My face is so dry around my mouth when I have to wear it. I can not keep it from drying out and winter will make it worse. I heard a conversation at social media. A woman saying her son was tired told the gf and three year old he was going to rest and he died from COVID 30 minutes later. WOW! Weird. My hubby lost a dear friend several years ago. It was weird. John's gf had a bad cold. Took cold medicine and went to bed and died. Left two young children. They said her cold meds were expired. Two years later he died the exact same way. I believe you are going when your time is up. All the folks who work with my hubby and work from home have the highest COVID infections. Strange but go get fresh air, enjoy the sunshine. If you are afraid of your own back yard I think that is very sad. You should be safe for whatever you feel is right. I do not believe science is 100% right always. . They are not GOD ALMIGHTY. It is all I Know. Some of the things going on are insane and reminders of Hitler's reign. People narc on others for money. W O W ! Insanity gone wild.

    ReplyDelete
  15. masks protect NO ONE from viruses. They are simply too porous. I've worked in that field and know for sure that this is the case. When working with virus you suit up completely. Its a joke, really it is.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read that on Facebook too. I asked a cashier about the plastic and they said so people would not spray it. I carry sanitizer so I use that afterwards. All our stores require we wear mask. I do understand how it would mess up your asthma. Will you have to wear a mask with your new job? Have a nice Friday Linda!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)