Dropping in before I head to work (1:30-10:30). Longgggggggggg day...let me just say...all those stories one has heard or read about the #1 retailer is true. Many lawsuits; "forgetfulness" of lunches and breaks, clocking out on time, closing the store/registers on time, many unsafe conditions, I could go on and on. See it every single day. The fear the employees have for speaking out is real. I'm not saying anything here that has not been written or reported on.
It is a rainy day here in western NY. Indeed, it feels like fall with temps holding steady at 50*.
I bought these gloves the other day while out and about. We didn't get far antiquing. Too many folks are still closed, NY is still closed really...8 days to go for the election.


The fall days are fast coming to a close....keep the faith Linda, it will all work out for the best- :)
ReplyDeleteIndeed, winter will be upon us soon. Have a beautiful day, friend.
DeleteHopefully you won't need that job for too much longer! I love those gloves by the way and sorry about your antiquing being cut short.
DeleteA rainy day sounds so nice. We're starting to get some Fall here. 70 degrees and got down to the 50's this morning. I love it. Now the trees will start turning...
ReplyDeleteOkay, I'm totally in LOVE with those gloves! Unfortunately, we're still in the 80's. I fear old Jack Winter may have slipped away to Cancun. :(
ReplyDeleteOhhh...love the gloves! Hang tough, Linda. I will, too.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you tonight as you work that late shift. Praying all goes as well as possible. Love the gloves. Amazing you need them now. We are still a bit on the warm side here. Thankful for our AC. Hoping fall weather will get here before Halloween. Not because I am going anywhere, but because it just usually does get a little cooler then, and if the kids are going out with costumes it is nice for some cooler weather. I haven't heard yet what to expect, but I have candy ready just in case. Be safe and take care of yourself working.
ReplyDeleteSorry to be late. I've been ill all day (colon issues). I like the gloves, especially the Red Stewart tartan. Kinda a favorite color scheme of mine.
ReplyDeleteI've heard from others about the issues. Yes, they're true. I don't shop there since the Election Infection took hold of people's minds. Been avoiding anything made in China too, when possible.
Stay safe my friend.
Love & Prayers xx
I have a very dear friend dealing with your employer. You speak the truth, my friend. Hope you are home cozy and safe soon. : )
ReplyDeleteI wonder if it is all Walmarts in general or just the ones under poor management? I hear some complaints about ours, but nothing as awful as you are facing. Ugh...yucky shift! I am getting around very late today (9:00) and there you are still at work. Boo. Just remember, this too shall pass.
ReplyDeleteAnd that's why I try to avoid shopping at that Number 1 retailer!!! I know I can get the best prices but I decided unless I am destitute I won't shop there. You just confirmed what I have heard. Jill
ReplyDeleteHi Linda - I totally understand what you are saying about your employer. I love those gloves. We had snow here Sunday and it has been BITTER cold today. Have a good week.
ReplyDeleteI like those gloves. We don't get snow here so I just wear thin knitted gloves when I am cold. When do you start your new job? Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteHave a great day. Hope your work issues straighten themselves out.
ReplyDeleteChanges? Don't they seem to last forever, then boom! I can't relate to your 50 deg weather, but can on the job front. Best wishes to you, sweet Linda.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Cute gloves! Glad I don't need them anymore but you will be stylin' when it gets cold and snowy up there! xo
ReplyDeleteI am always looking for new gloves. I just bought some snow boots that slip on. I like comfort at my age. Yeah there are no real laws defending the workers. I am appalled at what goes on lots of places. I hope our weather warms up a bit. Have a great weekend. HUGZS across the miles XO XO XO
ReplyDelete