Saturday, October 10, 2020

Currently...

 I have the next 5 days off then go on nights. All is good. After working nearly 70 hours, time for a break and my feet will be ever so thankful. Nice paycheck next week. I am still job searching and actually got turned down for a museum job in Georgia because NY has quarantine issues. Other states are not looking so kindly on NY because of this. I am thinking, I live in America and should be able to go here and there without reprisal.


Currently from Stacy's Blog

 I'll par it down.

In Hornell...58* and partly sunny and windy.

I'm loving... the autumn air.

I'm thinking...always looking for a job. Yes, I know...working for the #1 retailer, but this is not what I want to do for the rest of my working years or the next 20 yrs. 

I'm feeling...ok, here goes...wearing a mask for 8 hrs day is NOT conducive for my health. Actually, its not conducive for anyone. I have been fighting a nasty head cold; my inside of the nose is raw.

In the kitchen...nothing at the moment. We have to go to the grocery store today. My husband was kind enough to bring jelly donuts home yesterday. He stopped in at work to pick up some items and he saw how busy it was. He said, "Alcohol or food?" LOLOL---man after my heart; food. BTW, we are small #1 retailer, and we stay busy from 7 am-10 pm. The college kids are worse, just saying.

I'm laughing...


After a few days of being cursed out from customers...give it a break-grow up folks. 

1. No ID; no sale of alcohol, no ammo, no guns, no movies, no paint. I don't care if you look whatever age. NO ID NO SALE. I actually removed 4 case of Keystone Beer from someone's cart. I AM NOT GOING TO JAIL BECAUSE OF YOU!

23 comments:

  1. Hi Linda. I hope you are eventually able to find a job you really want. In the meantime, you are smart to stick it out at Walmart if the pay is good. Have a good weekend and enjoy your time off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It ain't easy, Deb...everyday my feet scream,"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO US CRAZY LADY?" LOLOL

      Delete
  2. Being salt and light (and sugar, per my pastor's advise) is easier said than done in some jobs. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara...its ok...I usually let it pass (folks comments about the ID check),but I have to follow NY law, no matter how silly it is.

      Delete
  3. Good to 'see' you survived #1 Retailer's boot camp, Linda. Jelly donuts and an offer of adult beverages? .....Your guy rocks!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...both...I didn't have adult beverages though, just the jelly donut, lol.

      Delete
  4. I sure am glad you have some time off to recoup. Until someone has worked that way, they have no clue. Put those feet up and relax. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda...wishing you a beautiful weekend too.

      Delete
  5. "I live in America and should be able to go here and there without reprisal"

    You would think so. Be sure to vote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I was Following you, but somehow I am not. The blog says I do not have permission?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dunno.......I thought you were too, lol. weird...........

      Delete
  7. Yes, I remember working a liquor counter at a drug store. This (punk) kid came up to the counter with a 6 pack of beer, while drinking a beer that he brought into the store! I guess he thought I wouldn't check his ID if he did that! LOL! Stupid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOL Stupid...fakes IDS are prevlant here. Thanks to the colleges. I can spot those a mile away too. LOL

      Delete
  8. ID for paint?! For real?! Dang. That's weird and I don't care what the reason the Goobermint gives for that one. More buttin' in. Anyway, yeah, don't go to jail for anyone or any reason.
    Sorry the mask is causing havoc on your health. It's doing that to everyone but that's "their" goal is to kill all of us and/or keep us living in fear.
    I'm thankful jobs are plentiful here in SE Gawga. Even a few Government ones. Wish it was in y'alls area. No high wages but it's cheaper than dirt to live here, like it should be.
    Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, NY is so regulated, Sparky. I'll IM ya.

      Delete
  9. Wow about the GA thing. I could see if you were visiting, but you want to move for the job and they should let you. I worked the evening shift for years and I liked it because I had days to do what I want and I made more money! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, I am so sorry things are so ridiculous. The quarantine issue is stupid, the mask issue is even more so...but that is my opinion (and many others I believe). We have to do what we have to do. I pray that you can stick it out until something better comes along, but remember, God was taking care of you before and He'll take care of you always, no matter what, so don't wreck your health over this...there is only one of you. Put your feet up and rest and relax and enjoy this time off. Praying the dream job will pop up in the meantime. Georgia would be so nice...I hope they will reconsider. One day at a time...It's going to all work out for your best. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wouldn't mind getting a part time job eventually - if this covid 19 would just go away. I haven't worked in about 10 years. I enjoy not working for the most part but bringing in some extra money is always a PLUS for working.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you have some time off.... keep on keeping on... Something for your resume... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a stronger woman than me! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I live in a college town - I get it! I have been working nights this week, and last night big parties were going on. I could hear the noice from our facility.
    I feel like NY and Mich are about the worst right now, but NY tops it. It's awful that it cost you a museum job.
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't understand why the quarantine in New York has anything to do with a job in Georgia. Doesn't make sense to me. Enjoy your days off!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. welcome to the beautiful world of retail sales. Its not for the faint of heart. The blue states' governors all got F on the national report card. I posted that on facebook. They are the worst governors ever. Hope Sunday is a great day for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)