Saturday, October 24, 2020

Saturday Ramblings...Hello

 I am going to stick with sweet Annie's thoughts about just popping in and saying;


Thank you all for the comments yesterday. I had to work and didn't get home until past 11 pm. It was a day from hades; getting 'two talking's' (not quite ripping a new one, but close) and having to stock because my shift didn't end until 10:30. So, I am on the radar now...yep, all over asking for a schedule change. It was made known "how dare I." Interesting...so, for punishment, since my shift didn't end until 10:30, I had to learn how to stock shelves. EVERYONE heard the "talking down" too, overnight shift supervisor kept on apologizing and the "love affair" with my employer is now over with. Funny crew. Stocking shelves wasn't difficult and eventually I knew I had to do. There are specific measurements etc. that need to be adhered too. ANYWAYS, day/evening from hades. My husband, said, "Let them fire you, Linda. Your gonna have to take it until they do." 

So, we are off today. Antiquing. Hope each of you have a beautiful day. Not sure how far we will get due to more lockdowns here.

20 comments:

  1. LOVE your hubby's attitude. Not so much your boss. Interesting the specs you have to follow re. stocking. When we did our weekly shopping (WM) yesterday, I had to keep dodging the stockers and personal shoppers running around like chickens. Even so, there's increasingly empty shelves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and let me tell you, under rules of the store, stockers are not suppose to be doing so in the daytime/open hours. I better leave it at that. Yes, the shelves are growing empty, most of our food and supplies come from China. I'll let that sink in.

      Delete
  2. More lockdowns? ugh! It is so different here. Sorry about your job. Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah...our county has a high breakout in the nursing homes again...word is we will be locked down again...we are already wearing masks and adhering to strict guidelines etc.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry you have to deal with that ridiculousness buddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its ok...it only got worse with my new schedule...now they have perm. put me on 7 am-3:30, so I will have to choose...

      Delete
  4. A firing never looks good. A "you can't fire me because I quit" is better. So they did not want you to trade hours? They didn't do a very good job of making that clear.

    Hope that you get to relax some this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, apparently, one can not change availability---which is crazy because I know its done all the time. Retaliation is never good, period.

      Delete
  5. Oops sounds like a really bad day. Hope you've had a better one today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a shame that current employer is being a backside. That's their sin, then.
    I sure wouldn't want to stock shelves. Not with my bad shoulder and neck. I'd be done for. *lol*
    What am I thankful for? That I live in Georgia. *wink* At least at the moment.
    Hope y'all had an enjoyable day shoppin'.
    Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, my problem is I am height challenged and all these shelves are high. I think moving is looking better and better.

      Delete
  7. I can sure commiserate with you on having a horrible boss that finds it acceptable to dress you down within the hearing of others...if not in front of them. I would have hung in there, but when the whole virus thing got started we weren't sure what would happen if it showed up in the nursing home. There was real fear we'd get quarantined at the home. So we decided I should just walk away. Surprisingly, they paid me all my accrued vacation time, which I shouldn't have got because I didn't give 2 weeks notice. I hope they cut you loose soon so you don't have to deal with it much longer. On a bright spot...find any good treasures today?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I emailed you. As for the boss or being rude or dressing down, there is no need for it. Especially in front of others.

      Delete
  8. I understand the height thing. That is why I got hurt when working for the post office. I hope you had fun antiquing. Did you find anything? Is your job giving you a hard time because you got another job? Hang in there and I will keep you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry you are having to deal with such unpleasantness on the job. Praying your new position will be a blessing to you. I hope it starts soon. Did you find any good stuff today? I did at our little Thrift Store...I wrote about it today. Stuff I didn't need, but my donation goes to our church ministries, so it is for a good cause. Take care and don't overdo it. Life is much too short to put up with other people's you know what that I can't say here. LOL. I don't say that word anyway, but you know what I mean. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They stink! If they don't know a great employee when they have one. Makes my blood boil.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a shame. My dad hated his job but did it and did it well to support his family. I swore that I would never stay in a job I hated and I was fortunate enough to only have to leave one because it stole my joy. Don't let any employer steal your joy. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - sad situation for sure. Sorry you had to deal with all that.
    Hope you had a good day today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great graphic, Linda: faith in God includes faith in His timing.

    We don't always look at it like that, but it's true. Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)